06-21-2013 08:56 PM
341 ... 23456 ...
tools
    How in the world are people saying the S4's camera is better than the One's because it has more megapixels? This is wrong. Megapixels do not determine picture quality! More megapixels does not mean that the camera will be better!
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    03-16-2013 07:22 PM
    Galaxy S4 Pro Points over the HTC One
    - Faster Processor ***
    - MicroSD Card slot ***
    - Better Camera
    - WAY Better camera features (More close to a digital camera)
    - Bigger Display
    - LED Notifier ***
    - Creative features (Dual Shot, Multi Phone Speaker, Air Touch Preview)
    - Bigger Battery
    - SwiftKey used for Stock Keyboard

HTC One Pro Points over Galaxy S4
    - Design
    - Better front facing camera
    - Better stock UI

OVERALL WINNER: Samsung Galaxy S4

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am
    This...sucked. Why can't people ever connect the dots when they think anymore, was it really hard to put some thought behind your list and flesh things out while making more sense of your list?

Better design and front facing camera....on who's merit, say something. Better stock UI...why, why not highlight something they do well here.

Faster processor....does that mean it has been taken advantage of, or you will use it? Do you need a faster one to send texts...how does this help? Why is the camera better, and what makes the features better if you don't use them? Is bigger better when it comes to display, what about resolution, aspect ratio, and how colors as shown?

LED is generally a good thing to have, but what creative features does the HTC have....don't tell me none.

Bigger battery...so what, if it has a bigger screen it needs a bigger battery right? So it is only natural, doesn't make it a good point, usually a smaller battery is better, it means you are doing more with less.

When did swift key become great? Sounds like a cop out for typing and becoming a better human being.

Also, you have mentioned nothing about reliability, warranty, update schedule....think more buddy
    adamtalife and kkapoorr like this.
    03-16-2013 07:39 PM
    - Faster Processor ***
    - MicroSD Card slot ***
    - Better Camera
    - Bigger Display
    - LED Notifier ***
    - Bigger Battery

- Design
    - Better stock UI

Could you have written a more biased post? You sound entirely uninformed on the devices and come across as unqualified to compare them appropriately.
    kkapoorr and adamtalife like this.
    03-16-2013 07:44 PM
    1. Licensing to Microsoft.
    2. Need to use a depreciated file system to be compatible with desktop computers.
    3. It's very insecure. In fact, it completely ignores the Android user/group/sandbox model, and gives everyone in the world access to the data stored there -- even via the web browser.
    4. It's not supported by Android, and so far not supported by Samsung. It's just there. Samsung needs to get it integrated into the system much better.
    5. They are slow, and prone to corrupt data.

I won't suggest that users don't need a lot of storage, but not from an SD card.
    Worthless post for those of us who use SD cards for nothing but music, of which I have a veritable sh!t ton.
    20blks likes this.
    03-16-2013 09:04 PM
    - Faster Processor *** Yes by .2 GHZ, will it really make that big of a difference?
    - MicroSD Card slot *** Thats a debatable better feature. Not everyone needs one, some do.
    - Better CameraWe will see once people actually get it in their hand.
    - WAY Better camera features (More close to a digital camera)See above
    - Bigger DisplayOnce again thats debatable and comes down to prefereance.
    - LED Notifier ***And the HTC One has one too!!! So that's one their even on.
    - Creative features (Dual Shot, Multi Phone Speaker, Air Touch Preview)Once again, we will see just how good it works
    - Bigger BatteryJust because it's bigger doesn't mean it better
    - SwiftKey used for Stock KeyboardThat's debatable as well. If you don't like it, you can't delete it so it is wasted space.Guess it is good their is a sd card slot.

- DesignAgain debatable. Aluminum dents and scracthes. Plastic breaks and scratches, but holds up to drops better.
    - Better front facing cameraTo most I doubt it matters. I don't know anyone that uses it
    - Better stock UIPersonal Preference.

OVERALL WINNER: Samsung Galaxy S4That's the one for you. Not necessarily the best phone.

03-16-2013 10:21 PM
    They could not keep it in stock because they did not build enough, and the price is cheap.

You can sell it for double the price because again there is not enough stock, and the phone is not available worldwide.
    So you are agreeing with me that Apple is not the only company that can get away with selling a phone without a micro SD card or removable battery? That is what I was responding to. Not making enough means they were selling pretty well. Many people would have paid a lot more for the N4 to get it so Thaks for agreeing with me that they have sold a ton of N4's all without micro SD card slots and removable batteries...

I did not buy it because it was cheap, I bought it because it is a Nexus.
    03-16-2013 10:34 PM
    - Faster Processor ***
    - MicroSD Card slot ***
    - Better Camera
    - Bigger Display
    - LED Notifier ***
    - Bigger Battery

- Design
    - Better stock UI

I'm just going to say your wrong, only because you are a fan boy that pops up everywhere spewing negativity towards any phone not named galaxy S......, basically you have no idea what you are talking about, yippee, the galaxy is the best phone ever! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, i should tell everyone! I'm hoping Samsung comes out with a "love making port" on the S 5 just so you have something other to do than troll! :banghead:

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    03-16-2013 10:39 PM
    Worthless post for those of us who use SD cards for nothing but music, of which I have a veritable sh!t ton.
    Nope. All the points he made apply no matter what you use it for.
    03-16-2013 10:41 PM
    I'm picking up a plastic galaxy S4 to go along with my BMW M3. Because I don't like my car made of plastic. Duh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    03-16-2013 10:52 PM
    Me too! Do me a favor and call me when the 500GB sd card comes in stock ok? Whether 16, 32, or 64 it all makes no difference to me because it's like dropping a penny in a pond for my music collection. I'll still be swapping my play lists out the same amount of time whether I have removable storage or not.
    03-17-2013 12:00 AM
    - Faster Processor ***
    - MicroSD Card slot ***
    - Better Camera
    - Bigger Display
    - LED Notifier ***
    - Bigger Battery

- Design
    - Better stock UI

Then go to the HTC One forum and see why the HTC One is better... back and forth... back and forth. Samsung's media hype is definitely "better."
    03-17-2013 12:01 AM
    - Faster Processor ***
    - MicroSD Card slot ***
    - Better Camera
    - Bigger Display
    - LED Notifier ***
    - Bigger Battery

- Design
    - Better stock UI

You are wrong, the HTC One also has the dev model, "Creative features" my ***!, How is the camera better?, ONe has LED notifier, Micro-SD is dead, Faster processor- no just no.
    03-17-2013 12:35 AM
    How in the world are people saying the S4's camera is better than the One's because it has more megapixels? This is wrong. Megapixels do not determine picture quality! More megapixels does not mean that the camera will be better!
    After a point more mega pixels are bad as the add "noise to the photo.
    03-17-2013 12:38 AM
    I agree with you Hustleman! That would be like renting a luxury hotel room and stripping off the luxury amenities after, lol!

P.S. - Was going to do a suped up car being stripped to stock analogy but didn't want the AOSP camp getting their panties twisted so I went with the latter, lol!
    Have you ever used stock Android it blows a way touch-fial I am sorry but that is the truth.
    03-17-2013 01:16 AM
    What he posted is absolutely true. MicroSD is dead in android and Samsung has a horrible implentation of it. If you truly have that much music, then you'll also know how frustrating load times on microSD cards can be when they're full.

Case in point: on my old S3 I had about 30 gigs of music on my SD card. Every single time I went into the music player the lag was ridiculous as the phone tried to read the card and as I scrolled through the library at the same time. It was so bad that I had to actually stop using music on the device.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    03-17-2013 01:35 AM
    I personally am disappointed that the HTC one didn't get a micro sd card slot, I don't know about other androids as this is my first but I store and run all my apps and games from it in addition to my music and photos. It's not a deal breaker but I'd prefer the option. Plus if my phone dies my stuff doesn't die with it especially if I hent done a most recent cloud back up and I'd rather use my existing 32 64gb card over paying an extra 100 (just guestimating based on apples method lol) for the same amount of storage. It's also quicker to transfer all my stored data over to a new phone by popping the card right in over waiting to download everything from the cloud or waiting an hour for your data to transfer from the pc

Sent from my Jiayu G3 Droid using Tapatalk.
    03-17-2013 02:20 AM
    Sense 5 is a HUGE pro for the HTC. Sorry but touchwiz cant touch it...see what I did there? I am still not impressed at all by the s4. They need to get away from those ugly SAMOLED screens. Not to mention, the US isnt getting the gimmicky "octacore" processor but instead get quadcore, which I have had since early january in my DNA.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    03-17-2013 03:12 AM
    This...sucked. Why can't people ever connect the dots when they think anymore, was it really hard to put some thought behind your list and flesh things out while making more sense of your list?

Better design and front facing camera....on who's merit, say something. Better stock UI...why, why not highlight something they do well here.

Faster processor....does that mean it has been taken advantage of, or you will use it? Do you need a faster one to send texts...how does this help? Why is the camera better, and what makes the features better if you don't use them? Is bigger better when it comes to display, what about resolution, aspect ratio, and how colors as shown?

LED is generally a good thing to have, but what creative features does the HTC have....don't tell me none.

Bigger battery...so what, if it has a bigger screen it needs a bigger battery right? So it is only natural, doesn't make it a good point, usually a smaller battery is better, it means you are doing more with less.

When did swift key become great? Sounds like a cop out for typing and becoming a better human being.

Also, you have mentioned nothing about reliability, warranty, update schedule....think more buddy
    I'm not saying the HTC One is a bad phone, it's a great phone and it's one of the best phones now

Great screen, Awesome UI, and I really do like the HTC Zoe thing is cool and I love the new Sence, and amazing speakers.. But other than that...That's it really

No option for extra phone storage, even if some don't need it, the option makes it much better, so they force no extra storage (besides cloud)

No removable battery, I have already learned my lesson with that one

SwiftKey IS great... Have u not used it?

Bigger Screen needs bigger battery? Hmmm not really

Faster processor makes a difference when playing games and the more the better, even if it's only by 2

I only did a quick comparison I'm not doing a full review

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    03-17-2013 03:14 AM
    I have to clear this up:

The Galaxy S4 (US version) is running a 1.9Ghz Snapdragon S4 Pro - NOT the Snapdragon 600 in the HTC One. The Snapdragon 600 is faster clock for clock than the S4 Pro, that's why Samsung is running it @ 1.9Ghz to give it a chance against the 1.7Ghz 600.
    03-17-2013 03:29 AM
    People care to much about phones now a days lol..

Each phone will be good. I have zero doubt the S4 will be great and the HTC One will be great as well.. Each will have features unique to it.. Because if it was the exact same then it wouldn't matter what phone you get.

So Sheesh. Guys chill.. You can't argue someone's opinion. That's like me trying to convince my one friend that Android is better than iPhone when he is a die hard Apple lover and his opinion will never be like mine... It's pointless. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    03-17-2013 03:48 AM
    I have to clear this up:

The Galaxy S4 (US version) is running a 1.9Ghz Snapdragon S4 Pro - NOT the Snapdragon 600 in the HTC One. The Snapdragon 600 is faster clock for clock than the S4 Pro, that's why Samsung is running it @ 1.9Ghz to give it a chance against the 1.7Ghz 600.
    Nope.

U.S. Galaxy S4 model to be powered by Snapdragon 600 CPU | Android Central
    20blks likes this.
    03-17-2013 04:26 AM
    I have to clear this up:

I have to clear this post up: the HTC One and U.S. version of the GS4 use the Snapdragon 600. You are misinformed.
    03-17-2013 06:25 AM
    Processor is negligible. Personally don't care for MicroSD. Camera better based on what? One doesn't have LED notifier? It should be like my One X where the LED is in the speaker grill. Saw it in one of the pics. Creative features are mostly gimmicks for me. Bigger battery doesn't mean better battery life.

If you're happy with the S4, great, but HTC One all the way for me.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 will definitely win with it's specs but the design of the HTC is just amazing. Overall winner: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Proud to use all different Galaxy Series.
    03-17-2013 08:56 AM
    I have to clear this up:

I have to clear this post up: the HTC One and U.S. version of the GS4 use the Snapdragon 600. You are misinformed.
    I'm glad you guys cleared this up. :-)
    TheLibertarian likes this.
    03-17-2013 09:01 AM
    Samsung Galaxy S4 will definitely win with it's specs but the design of the HTC is just amazing. Overall winner: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Proud to use all different Galaxy Series.
    Not sure why folks keep making this claim: same cpu (on us model), same resolution, same amount of ram, camera at least based on preliminary shots is in HTCs favor, battery on sgs4 is slightly higher in capacity but based on radio strength and the larger display id be surprised if there would be a significant difference in battery life, sound and speakers likely in htc favor, removable battery and sdcard debatable but well give that one to Sammy, screen quality will probably come down to personal preference, slcd will be sharper and brighter, amoled will be more vibrant and possibly draw less power.. Etc etc.. In other words i fail to see the 'zomg the sgs4s hardware is so much better' arguments. It will be interesting to see how the octa cpu performs vs the s600.. But i guess from a US perspective that will matter little.
    03-17-2013 09:44 AM
341 ... 23456 ...