smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy S4 Pro Points over the HTC One
- Faster Processor ***
- MicroSD Card slot ***
- Better Camera
- WAY Better camera features (More close to a digital camera)
- Bigger Display
- LED Notifier ***
- Creative features (Dual Shot, Multi Phone Speaker, Air Touch Preview)
- Bigger Battery
- SwiftKey used for Stock Keyboard

HTC One Pro Points over Galaxy S4
- Design
- Better front facing camera
- Better stock UI

OVERALL WINNER: Samsung Galaxy S4

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am ;)

UPDATE
Title Changed

Last edited:

aireyc1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: This is why the Galaxy S4 is better than the HTC One

Processor is negligible. Personally don't care for MicroSD. Camera better based on what? One doesn't have LED notifier? It should be like my One X where the LED is in the speaker grill. Saw it in one of the pics. Creative features are mostly gimmicks for me. Bigger battery doesn't mean better battery life.

If you're happy with the S4, great, but HTC One all the way for me.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I think we will have to wait for more in depth reviews. I do not think the s4 pro out performs the 600.

Anyways, I think the One will be more competition than the one x was for the s3. Of course this is a samsung forum so the answers could be in favor of the s4. Post this on the HTC one board to see what comes out...I am just on the sidelines loving my Note 2 and Nexus 4 for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

- Faster Processor ***
- MicroSD Card slot ***
- Better Camera
- Bigger Display
- LED Notifier ***
- Bigger Battery

- Design
- Better stock UI

i dunno, i think alot of devs are moving towards the htc one on xda. it's a heck of a good deal to get the dev edition, sim unlocked for only $649 with 64gb sd storage. most of the so called upgrades to the s4 are just gimmicky software.

Chuckles 135

May 19, 2011
Visit site

I think we'll have to wait and see which has the better camera in my opinion. Ultrapixel maybe the new thing that all manufacturers jump onto or it may be all hype. But from what I've seen the HTC One camera has very nice quality and any differences between the quality of these two may come down to software enhancements on the phones.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

how about removable battery? I don't know if you can remove the battery from the HTC One because you could not for the HTC Evo. If that's the case, I prefer the s4 by a long shot.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

I think we'll have to wait and see which has the better camera in my opinion. Ultrapixel maybe the new thing that all manufacturers jump onto or it may be all hype. But from what I've seen the HTC One camera has very nice quality and any differences between the quality of these two may come down to software enhancements on the phones.

i barely use the camera on my phones so it doesn't matter to me. no cell phone will ever replace using a professional camera to take photos.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

i barely use the camera on my phones so it doesn't matter to me. no cell phone will ever replace using a professional camera to take photos.

Yes but a phone camera is so much more convenient. Last week on spring break I took and uploaded over 100 shots of my family having fun etc to the cloud. My wife took her Canon 60D and I think she broke it out once.

No argument of the quality of pics but the phones take pretty good pics and life just gets in the way of lugging a slr around. And I have not even mentioned 1080p video...just my 2 cent s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I love it when people argue about phones that aren't even available yet.

BTW, isn't the One supposed to drop this month?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

i dunno, i think alot of devs are moving towards the htc one on xda. it's a heck of a good deal to get the dev edition, sim unlocked for only $649 with 64gb sd storage. most of the so called upgrades to the s4 are just gimmicky software.

They may be Gimmicks, but it would definitely be more useful that most people think it would....Dual Shot Vido chatting...instead of always switching back and forth between cameras....I think its a creative use of bothe cameras...surprised it hasnt been though of before

I think more people are leaning towards the HTC One because of the design

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

They may be Gimmicks, but it would definitely be more useful that most people think it would....Dual Shot Vido chatting...instead of always switching back and forth between cameras....I think its a creative use of bothe cameras...surprised it hasnt been though of before

I think more people are leaning towards the HTC One because of the design
the funny thing is most of the power users will just put aosp on the phone anyways so you loose all of those gimmicks.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Processor is negligible. Personally don't care for MicroSD. Camera better based on what? One doesn't have LED notifier? It should be like my One X where the LED is in the speaker grill. Saw it in one of the pics. Creative features are mostly gimmicks for me. Bigger battery doesn't mean better battery life.

- Trust me if u used a MicroSD Card you would be much more satisfided than using phone storage....Could easily back up quickly incase you want to do a factory reset
- Camera Based on quality...The HTC One Screen may be better, but overall photos, when tranfered to a PC would be better with a GS4
- Creative features are actually useful...Dual Shot video chatting...instead of always switching back and forth between cameras...imagine if Skype used this..WIN!
- Bigger Battery supports better battery life, but it all depends on how the phone is used

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

the one has a led notifier, it's in the top speaker grille. even phil confirmed this.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

- Faster Processor ***
- MicroSD Card slot ***
- Better Camera
- Bigger Display
- LED Notifier ***
- Bigger Battery

- Design
- Better stock UI

Yeah you're wrong. Most of the stuff you listed there is debatable. Very debatable. The only two I'm going to give you are:

Battery: But we'll see how each phone lasts in rundown tests, so this may not be a win

SD Card: For which my answer is that nobody really gives a flying F, except the smartphone forum parrots who keep simply repeating whatever happens to be cool that year (apparently everyone is too minimum wage to afford a real camera this year as well judging by forum parroting?). Apple hasn't had a "remuviblke battry and Sd C4rdz" for years and nobody gives a crap.

The rest of your points are either a wash, or could be countered by things the One has a leg-up on.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Not everything is a wash. The same Snapdragon 600 is being used in the US versions of the S4, but clocked at 1.9ghz instead of 1.7ghz on the One. The Octa Exynos might be an even better performer, so either way the processor is going to be better in the S4. The creative features (while some may not be as useful as others) are superior on the S4. The screen is bigger (though it being better is subjective). It has a removable battery, which for anyone who uses their phone for any length of time during the day will appreciate. It ships with Android 4.2.2 instead of the same 4.1.2 that the Droid DNA runs; not sure the excuse there for HTC. Lastly, I think dev support is going to be far beyond what HTC gets because the difference in sales is going to be ridiculous. All that is in addition to what was stated above. If you don't like plastic, then the S4 isn't for you, but that doesn't make the HTC One a better phone because it's built with more premium materials. It's a phone, not a piece of jewelry. It's what it can do that counts.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

- Faster Processor ***
- MicroSD Card slot ***
- Better Camera
- Bigger Display
- LED Notifier ***
- Bigger Battery

- Design
- Better stock UI

-.2ghz is negligible... Any benefit remains to be seen. I'd take the Snapdragon 600 at 1.7 ghz (ala One) or 1.9 ghz over the Exynos Octa
-Better camera? lol. No possible way to tell at this point in time.
-"Features"... Define that, will you? Almost none of those look to be actually useful or perform well in the real world
-Bigger display and microSD are fair
-LED Notifier... what do you mean by that?
-More "features"... see above
-Bigger battery - Real world battery life remains to be seen. Between two different phones a difference of 300mah isn't enough to draw any reasonable conclusion from
-Is it really stock? Or are they just incorporating some Swiftkey features into the stock keyboard? Either way, gonna get Swiftkey 4 on any new phone I get asap.

The HTC One has a build quality within another stratosphere, most likely a much, much better screen, and most likely better speakers and mic. I'd take Sense 5 over Touchwiz any day of the week.

So according to me, you're factually wrong :) (SARCASM ALERT)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781