This is why I think the Galaxy S4 is better than the HTC One

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: This is why the Galaxy S4 is better than the HTC One

HTC has a lot riding on the One but supplier issues with the camera are causing delays. The company is also struggling financially so that may be why we don't the same marketing blitz. Great marketing AND great design/performance will win the day which is why the GS4 will win the day.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

This is such an oblivious statement to make. You have no idea how large the modding community is. For example, take a look at the top free/paid apps. Some of them are apps that require root. This should imply that the modding community is larger than people make it out to be.

You act as though I'm the source instead of the messenger. :rolleyes:

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

It is just you. If anything they've been biased AGAINST apple since they blackballed gizmodo from their press events for life. This is also the same gizmodo that posted at least two dozen stories about antennagate in the span of a week to try and force a story out of it, and routinely posts things that bash various apple products or software for no reason.

I also find it interesting that the only ones that claim Apple bias from a variety of media sources are android fans. Its like they have a chip on their shoulder or an inferiority complex.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Now you guys are arguing about what Gizmodo thinks? Who cares? Gizmodo is a source of never ending, poorly researched and poorly written articles by people who never, ever fact check (or even proof-read) in their anxiety to push out "edgy and cool" articles and who are, in reality, barely qualified to push a broom. As soon as anyone cites Gizmodo as a source they lose all credibility. It doesn't matter what they like and what they report.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

This is such an oblivious statement to make. You have no idea how large the modding community is. For example, take a look at the top free/paid apps. Some of them are apps that require root. This should imply that the modding community is larger than people make it out to be.

Oblivious? More like probably spot on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Overstew

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site

Oblivious? More like probably spot on.

Your argument doesn't have anything to back up your claims. Manufacturers have even resorted to locking boot loaders due to the increase in nodded devices. Obviously it's enough for manufacturers to notice.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Your argument doesn't have anything to back up your claims. Manufacturers have even resorted to locking boot loaders due to the increase in nodded devices. Obviously it's enough for manufacturers to notice.

Going by my own experiences, the modders are a definite minority.

If you can pull Google Play numbers, let me pull CyanogenMod installs. Arguably the most popular third-party ROM right?

Compare their userbase with how many Android devices are getting activated daily. Heck, quadruple the CyanogenMod userbase just to be nice.

Minority.

Or -

Say a family of 5 all have Android phones. Dad probably doesn't root. Mom doesn't either. The kids? Maybe 1 of them does. Or maybe none do.

Minority.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

So that is 25% quite a force.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

Simple answer here, guys. Get them both.

I'm gonna tell you straight up - I love Samsung phones. But I love the looks and specs of the HTC. I am sure the Samsung is just as technically impressive but the HTC is the first phone I've ever said "wow, that's pretty." Except to my BB9930. I am going to have a REAL hard time choosing. I suspect I may just go with the Z10, just for something different.

Last edited:

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

I think real world use after a couple months will reveal the true winner. I also don't believe the HTC One doesn't have a notification system.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Overstew

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site

Going by my own experiences, the modders are a definite minority.

If you can pull Google Play numbers, let me pull CyanogenMod installs. Arguably the most popular third-party ROM right?

Compare their userbase with how many Android devices are getting activated daily. Heck, quadruple the CyanogenMod userbase just to be nice.

Minority.

Or -

Say a family of 5 all have Android phones. Dad probably doesn't root. Mom doesn't either. The kids? Maybe 1 of them does. Or maybe none do.

Minority.

I've never once mentioned ratios. I'm simply going by numbers. Yes, we're a minority of overall users, but this group is still pretty big. That's my point.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

I think real world use after a couple months will reveal the true winner. I also don't believe the HTC One doesn't have a notification system.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The winner is going to vary from person to person, the true winner is the consumer for getting the phone they want. And that just sounds corny but oh well. :p

And honestly, I've seen way worse sites than Gizmodo when it comes to bias, but I only read reviews from Mobile Nations anyway nowadays so it doesn't matter.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Why is everything All or nothing? Is GS4 light years above the competition? NOPE. Will it be amongst the best devices in the market? YUP!!!
Is HTC one awesome? YUP!!! will i get it ? NOPE
Does anyone give a Sh#^ what i get? NOPE!

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Simple answer here, guys. Get them both.

I'm gonna tell you straight up - I love Samsung phones. But I love the looks and specs of the HTC. I am sure the Samsung is just as technically impressive but the HTC is the first phone I've ever said "wow, that's pretty." Except to my BB9930. I am going to have a REAL hard time choosing. I suspect I may just go with the Z10, just for something different.

I'm seriously toying with that idea. The BB10 OS itself is optimized to run the UI as smoothly as a quad core android but does it with half the specs, and the buttonless swipe gesture UI is a joy of a user experience (to me). What's holding me back is the god awful turn by turn navigation. I use that a lot. There's a few other shortcomings as an early adopter phone as well but none of those were deal breakers for me. Nav is. I'm also hesitant to try anything outside of Google or ios because new and amazing apps always hit there first, and often never make it anywhere else. For example a Canadian developer at UofT is currently working on a keyboard app that they claim will be even better than SwiftKey. Android and iOS only.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I've never once mentioned ratios. I'm simply going by numbers. Yes, we're a minority of overall users, but this group is still pretty big. That's my point.

Any number can be big. Relevance to the whole matters though.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm seriously toying with that idea. The BB10 OS itself is optimized to run the UI as smoothly as a quad core android but does it with half the specs, and the buttonless swipe gesture UI is a joy of a user experience (to me). What's holding me back is the god awful turn by turn navigation. I use that a lot. There's a few other shortcomings as an early adopter phone as well but none of those were deal breakers for me. Nav is. I'm also hesitant to try anything outside of Google or ios because new and amazing apps always hit there first, and often never make it anywhere else. For example a Canadian developer at UofT is currently working on a keyboard app that they claim will be even better than SwiftKey. Android and iOS only.

Don't do it. Blackberry sent me one and it disappoints. Oh and if you hate plastic feel of phones. This one is made of plastic lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Don't do it. Blackberry sent me one and it disappoints. Oh and if you hate plastic feel of phones. This one is made of plastic lol

lol yep I know. But although a very few number people refuse to acknowledge a difference, there's things you can do with modern plastics to make some feel and look much nicer than others. Those cost the manufacturer more money to make though so some will do it while others won't. How did your Z10 disappoint you? I mean besides the obvious smaller app selection.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

lol yep I know. But although a very few number people refuse to acknowledge a difference, there's things you can do with modern plastics to make some feel and look much nicer than others. Those cost the manufacturer more money to make though so some will do it while others won't. How did your Z10 disappoint you? I mean besides the obvious smaller app selection.

Although intuitive enough, the gestures get old. It feels like your device is too open and out there for people to see. All other downloaded apps feel like they're not made for the phone. The native ones have a natural look to it though. It just looks like an iphone lol they're still far far away from competition. The battery life isn't great either, I had to charge in the middle of the day with moderate use. I believe it only has an 1800mah battery? That's so 2011. Lol but that's just my two cents. I was once an ios fan because of the app selection. But android has caught up and surpassed, anything else just seems old and outdated. Oh and btw I'm one to not care about plastic on the phone, it just seems like everyone just likes to point out any negative things about any device. Haters gonna hate is the saying lol.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Although intuitive enough, the gestures get old. It feels like your device is too open and out there for people to see. All other downloaded apps feel like they're not made for the phone. The native ones have a natural look to it though. It just looks like an iphone lol they're still far far away from competition. The battery life isn't great either, I had to charge in the middle of the day with moderate use. I believe it only has an 1800mah battery? That's so 2011. Lol but that's just my two cents. I was once an ios fan because of the app selection. But android has caught up and surpassed, anything else just seems old and outdated. Oh and btw I'm one to not care about plastic on the phone, it just seems like everyone just likes to point out any negative things about any device. Haters gonna hate is the saying lol.

ok thanks for the heads-up

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

Htc one is currently the best Dual core smartphone. It has so many pros compared to Galaxy S4. Like faster processor, Better processor, better performence, Sharper Display, Aluminium unibody, very slick design, Straight ICS out of the box, better camera, better video recording.
Galaxy S4 has a little number of pros. Like expandable memory. But I personaly think Htc One is better than Galaxy S4.

One place for all latest Technology News and updates - TechnoBar

Umm the HTC one is a quad core phone not dual core.
Bot phones use the same processor although the s4 is clocked at 1.9 instead of 1.7 on the one, both will come with JELLYBEAN out of the box. Not ICS. The s4 will come with 4.2.2 instead of 4.1.2 on the HTC one. I'm assuming you're trolling but all your points are way off..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz