Why does samsung screw the US market?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Face palm to you sir, just go find any U.S. note2 and any s4 krait equipped dual core phone...compare the two and you'll be saying the opposite. The exyos4 quad in any form wasn't bested till late 2012 when s4 pro chips hit the market and they still pull more juice for that extra bit of power than the exynos4 quad. In fact the exyos4 quads beat the dual core kraits on battery life as well as processing power.

And to others, the note2 is proof enough, lte on a U.S. equipped exynos4 quad is not an issue. The demand for the note2 and sgs3 is the reason one got exynos and the other didn't. Likely this is the same thing playing out allover again with sgs4. I'd be willing to bet the note3 will have exynos5 octa with lte for america. It's the demand and release dates, nothing more.

When the GS3 launched, the qualcomm version out performed the exynos version in every benchmark and every single review said they could tell a difference when the two were side by side in real world situations. This was because the Exynos 4 was based on a cortex a9 while the Krait architecture was much more like the a15 that the Octa is built on. A dual core Krait or a15 will be a quad core a9 every day when running the same software. Not to say the Exynos 4 was a bad processor, but it wasn't the best either.

sooner7

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Give me 600, I'll take some fully functional AOSP roms over that Exynos. Anyone that ROMs knows what I am talking about.

sashlon

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
it may be true that the 8 core is not gonna be that much better than the S600... it's just the fact that they release the S4 and make the Octa sound like its their best chip... their latest and greatest on their best phone... then you find out you get the 'other' chip because you're american.

wtf? lol. The US should get all the best hardware!! Do what HTC does... delay european launch to make sure we americans have supply. HTC will get my business over Samsung!!

same as last year... who wants a dual core when 'over there' they get the quad.

:)

You do realise Samsung isn't an American company, right? Why should America get the 'best' stuff first anyway? You do realise the vast majority of human beings do not live in the USA, right? Feeling entitled much? Wow.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
You do realise Samsung isn't an American company, right? Why should America get the 'best' stuff first anyway? You do realise the vast majority of human beings do not live in the USA, right? Feeling entitled much? Wow.

I don't think people are that thick, surely it is sarcasm?

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Not that I disagree with you, but HTC is not American either. Plus the us is the largest single market and has the most ppl that buy phones several times a year. It's the bread winner in this game if you can market it work for you...

Sent from my SCH-I535

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
hey i put a smiley at the end didnt i? :) but yeah americans at times do feel entitled to have access to the best when it comes out... maybe comes from being an iphone user for a long time and steve never let us americans down ;)... but we are a huge market and they are always fighting for our money so why not? why do the stupid press release at radio city in new york if not to grab US attention? should have done it at fricken sydney opera house then if they're not gonna give us the octa. :) <--- notice smiley.

I don't think people are that thick, surely it is sarcasm?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not that I disagree with you, but HTC is not American either. Plus the us is the largest single market and has the most ppl that buy phones several times a year. It's the bread winner in this game if you can market it work for you...

Sent from my SCH-I535

Larger than the Chinese market?

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
personally i dont really care whats in my phone. i love my note 2. its super fast and smooth, and ive never let it get to 0% battery, but im getting about 27 hrs before i charge it. it does everything i need it to do, so no reason to care about whats in it. there are many phone manufacturers out there. if you dont like samsung, buy from a different manufacturer. it really is as simple as that

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
hey i put a smiley at the end didnt i? :) but yeah americans at times do feel entitled to have access to the best when it comes out... maybe comes from being an iphone user for a long time and steve never let us americans down ;)... but we are a huge market and they are always fighting for our money so why not? why do the stupid press release at radio city in new york if not to grab US attention? should have done it at fricken sydney opera house then if they're not gonna give us the octa. :) <--- notice smiley.
Thank god.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Cores aren't everything, and the s600 is no slouch. Unless you're a hardcore gamer you aren't going to notice a difference

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
These chips aren't that bad for gaming.

No, they aren't. They're plenty powerful. They just don't have anything spectacular made for them that runs any better than anything else.

Obviously I'm referring to Tegra and the Tegrazone. After having it I'm not sure I'll use a tablet without Tegra because of the graphics.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
No, they aren't. They're plenty powerful. They just don't have anything spectacular made for them that runs any better than anything else.

Obviously I'm referring to Tegra and the Tegrazone. After having it I'm not sure I'll use a tablet without Tegra because of the graphics.

I feel the tegrazone is overhyped. I used some of the games on my nexus 7 and didn't think there was anything really special about those and it seems they just isolated it from other chips( which likely could have handled it) as bragging. I think others need to come up with something similar to tegrazone for each particular chip to take advantage of.

Overstew

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
There's nothing out currently that the s600 can't do on your phone. I don't understand how Samsung is screwing us over. I prefer the Qualcomm SoC because they know how CDMA radios work.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Dude you don't freaking need 8 cores in a phone, besides its not a true 8 core CPU because it uses ARM's big.LITTLE tech so effectively its two quads, but they dont run simultaneously either.

Agreed. The industry hasnt even fully embraced quadcore yet. All this octacore crap is the biggest marketing gimmick in history

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. The industry hasnt even fully embraced quadcore yet. All this octacore crap is the biggest marketing gimmick in history

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
Many devs don't even unlock the true potential of the dual core phones and he is talking about octa core lol.