07-09-2014 04:43 PM
177 ... 23456 ...
tools
    My point was just that oversaturated can be restated as less grey. It is a matter of personal preference whether you like to look at colors that are less grey or not. I agree they are more realistic if they are more grey but I want pretty, not realistic.
    I don't have a problem with that. When I have a problem , is with people who say OLEDs are over saturated. When this is not true. Its like saying all pizza is over salty. Not all pizza is over salty just the one you just ate.
    Not all OLEDs are over saturated just Samsungs because they choose it to be.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    androidluvr2 likes this.
    03-23-2013 10:54 PM
    "Stock android is better than ui's"
    Another personal preference that is nothing more than opinion. But there is nothing wrong with feeling that stock android is better. I feel that way. It's just my opinion, not an objective fact.

Just like it is my opinion that AMOLED screens with highly saturated colors are pretty.
    TheOtherBill likes this.
    03-23-2013 11:00 PM
    "Motorola gets the best signal"
    Unlike the statements AMOLEDs are oversaturated and stock android is better than UIs, this statement is not a matter of opinion. It is either true or not and can be measured to determine whether it is true or not.
    03-23-2013 11:04 PM
    At the time the GNex came out, your 3 highest end phones on VZW were the Razr, Rezound and GNex. Compared to the Razr the GNex was a much better screen. As for the Rezound, I don't care how bright it was, it was not viewable outdoors in bright sunlight due to how reflective it was. Brightness is important outdoors so if you cover a bright screen with a highly reflective piece of glass that functions as a mirror in bright sunlight, what good is the bright screen?
    Never had any problem with the Rezound I had. That screen made the galaxy nexus look like a first generation galaxy s.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    03-23-2013 11:10 PM
    Never had any problem with the Rezound I had. That screen made the galaxy nexus look like a first generation galaxy s.
    I couldn't see anything but my own face reflected back at me when I looked at the Rezound in bright sunlight. It was great for touching up my makeup, though.
    Jaimeg123prmt and jroc like this.
    03-23-2013 11:13 PM
    I know exactly how OLEDs work as I work on the team that develops oled molecules. Samsung purchases patents and materials from us to manufacture them.

Well Good for you. This was just Facts from the Source to let some that may have a question on what are the Differences between them. And Doesn't the Title say (How do AMOLED displays work?) Not OLED. AMOLED Is Samsung's Exclusive Technology that no other devices have the AMOLED in their device. But I'm sure you know there design/detailed specs cause they share that with you......
    03-24-2013 01:26 AM
    Well Good for you. This was just Facts from the Source to let some that may have a question on what are the Differences between them. And Doesn't the Title say (How do AMOLED displays work?) Not OLED. AMOLED Is Samsung's Exclusive Technology that no other devices have the AMOLED in their device. But I'm sure you know there design/detailed specs cause they share that with you......
    No they don't share with us allot of things. But AM just stands for Active Matrix and that is not theirs exclusively, just indicates the panel type and that it has a higher refresh rate (rather than a passive matrix). They only part that they can call their own is "super" in Super AMOLED.

03-24-2013 01:36 AM
    Dupont's PRINTED AMOLED....

DuPont Process for Printing AMOLED Displays

Says nothing about the process used for LCD TFT (From Samsung )-- S-LCD Corporation (Hangul: 에스 엘시디, Japanese: エス・エルシーディー) is a South Korean..... manufacturer of .......amorphous....... TFT LCD panels and wholly owned subsidiary by Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd and Sony Corporation.

They call it Printing OLED, Not amorphous...Nozzles printing ...quote...(Continuous nozzle printing utilizes a laminar
    liquid jet that issues from a fixed orifice
    and then impinges on the substrate.)

http://www2.dupont.com/OLED/en_US/as...ogy_AMOLED.pdf
    03-24-2013 01:38 AM
    Dupont's PRINTED AMOLED....

DuPont Process for Printing AMOLED Displays

Says nothing about the process used for LCD TFT (From Samsung )-- S-LCD Corporation (Hangul: 에스 엘시디, Japanese: エス・エルシーディー) is a South Korean..... manufacturer of .......amorphous....... TFT LCD panels and wholly owned subsidiary by Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd and Sony Corporation.

They call it Printing OLED, Not amorphous...Nozzles printing ...quote...(Continuous nozzle printing utilizes a laminar
    liquid jet that issues from a fixed orifice
    and then impinges on the substrate.)

http://www2.dupont.com/OLED/en_US/as...ogy_AMOLED.pdf
    They don't use printing for the screen. Printable oled technology is still in development it would do them no good in mass production. I don't work in the deposition lab but they evaporate the material onto the substrate. Its like a big circle of crucibles each filled with a different material for each layer, they all reach different temperatures causing the material to evaporate and rise up to the substrate using different masks for their patterns. Each layer is thousands of a hair thin, upon reaching the substrate they are in an amorphous state.

03-24-2013 01:52 AM
    And I Guess they have a Long life, and they didn't have a Problem with one Color being able to last as long as the Other colors and the first 20 or 21 inch TV was around $10,000.00
    03-24-2013 01:56 AM
    And I Guess they have a Long life, and they didn't have a Problem with one Color being able to last as long as the Other colors and the first 20 or 21 inch TV was around $10,000.00
    They do have that problem, blue no matter what material you use will not outlive red by anymeans. They get longer lifetime by using florescent materials which sacrifices efficiency by easily > 70%.

Good researching though Sircody

03-24-2013 02:02 AM
    They do have that problem, blue no matter what material you use will not outlive red by anymeans.
    So does this mean for my AMOLED screen I should choose a red wallpaper?
    03-24-2013 10:10 AM
    So does this mean for my AMOLED screen I should choose a red wallpaper?
    I wouldn't worry about unless you plan on having the device for 5 or 6 years. Most people switch within two yrs. Tvs need longer lifetime as we tend to stick to tvs much longer. Ive had my lcd tv for 7yrs now but I have been through 5 phones in the last 3 yrs

03-24-2013 11:03 AM
    I wouldn't worry about unless you plan on having the device for 5 or 6 years.
    OK, but if I did then a red wallpaper is a better choice, yes?
    03-24-2013 11:11 AM
    Well, I expect black is the best choice. I made one in Photoshop for my GS2. RGB color space, fill with black, that being R and G and B all set to zero. Uses the least power, and really makes the icons pop.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    androidluvr2 likes this.
    03-24-2013 11:40 AM
    I have to say this is one thing I dont like about my note 2. Using it in the sunlight sucks. Even with max bright settings its barely usable. And the glass is highly reflective. But since 90% use is in doors it isnt all that bothersome. Other than that the note 2 is flat out awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    jeffrey10000 likes this.
    03-24-2013 11:43 AM
    Yeah red lives longest but as mentioned black would be best.

androidluvr2 likes this.
    03-24-2013 12:16 PM
    Shortened life span too. Display mate says they are good for about two years. not that i ever keep a phone that long but alot of people do.
    That's what happens when you chose amoled. You sacrifice brightness, color accuracy, and sharpness for over saturated colors and deep blacks.
    05-01-2013 04:39 PM
    Then read it from an expert rather than someone posting what they would like to believe.
    Galaxy S4 Display Technology Shoot-Out

I don't get it. Plenty of good info in some other threads, and nothing is translated here. So now amoled is broken? Oh my the ignorance. ★☆☆☆☆
    brianphrack likes this.
    05-01-2013 04:46 PM
    Have they gotten anywhere with improving the aging of the display? My S3 had a lovely age mark (brighter than the rest of the screen) after a few months in the area where the notification bar is. It was pretty damned annoying.
    05-01-2013 04:54 PM
    Last article I read said OLED is good for about two years. Can;t find it now and a Google search basically says they don't last as long as led but keeps improving.

Have they gotten anywhere with improving the aging of the display? My S3 had a lovely age mark (brighter than the rest of the screen) after a few months in the area where the notification bar is. It was pretty damned annoying.
    05-01-2013 05:06 PM
    Its strange that the AMOLED isnt very bright in sunlight. I also have a One X and its better in sunlight but indoors my S4 seems brighter...

Sent From My Galaxy S4 Using Android Central App
    05-01-2013 05:09 PM
    That sucks. I understand that it would drain the battery pretty fast but I'd still like the option to use my phone in direct sunlight. What I don't understand is the gs2 was much brighter and could be used in the sun
    that's very true. I still have my epic 4g touch, and I was doing a comparison yesterday. The screen most definitely is brighter.
    05-01-2013 05:22 PM
    Well speakers wouldn't be included in Ergonomic Design which means =The applied science of equipment design, as for the workplace, intended to maximize productivity by reducing operator fatigue and discomfort.Design factors, as for the workplace, intended to maximize productivity by minimizing operator fatigue and discomfort:...Physical not as Much Mental Discomfort ...lol....is what Ergonomic means..They are so Busy Not Finishing the S3 and Trying to Repeat this with the S4 (Make and Post Delays...then Hope Buyers Forget about what was Delayed)lol...But really, where do you see Room for Speakers, Top(LEDs and Camera Lens, Ear Pc)...Bottom( Home Bttn,Back,Menu..Mic.....
    The Phones that have Speakers in front are smaller screens...
    They don't make a Computer or Laptop that can be seen in DIRECT sun light, why would you think It would be easier for a Small, Lower Powered Device to be able to do this? Do you have a Clear Cover over the GG, or maybe you should get a Cover for the GG, one that doesn't mirror, not reflect away , not absorb but disperse away. A new technology for TV screens will use Light to Power the Screen, kinda like Absorb it and use it...lol
    05-01-2013 11:52 PM
    Try using your Display Invert Settings....But if you are expecting 1080 quaility in Direct Sunlight, Maybe when we go to Mars....which isn't that far off considering the startup of the Reality show...
    Like LED/LCD TVs can not be watched in a Full Sun Room....Plasma TVs on the other Hand are not as Affected and Have no Problem seeing mine....LED/LCD still aren't as Great with the Black in their Displays as the Plasma Units are. So Inverting just Might Help ya in the Direct Sun by Inverting a Dominate Light colored Display with Dark inverted...

UPDATE:Setting to Reverse screen Colors is in Accessibility Settings under Vision-then Negative Colors....Reverses the Colors of the Screen....Try it....It Brightens everything.....Try it....Go ahead!!!!!! Warning: White is the most power Hungry Color on a Display, so Battery may shorten it's Life when used.....
    05-02-2013 12:02 AM
177 ... 23456 ...