Why do many people just assume that Exynos Octa is better than Snapdragon 600?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Because you know the chips aren't already fast/smooth enough so it is just something to make people feel good and brag about. In day to day use you're not going to notice a difference between the two.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Well you always have the pluses of having those vulnerabilities that were only in the exynos versions with this chip so that is one way that the exynos chip is better lmao.

chrjt74001

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Wrong.
Correct.

The *only* inherent advantages of S600: (1) time to market, and (2) driver/dev support.

If you can wait for the E5O model, and intend to run either stock or with a stock-based ROM, it's a no-brainer. If you want the S4 soon or want to run an AOSP-based ROM (e.g. CM, AOKP), the S600 is your choice. Of course, if Samsung only offers one model in your market or with your carrier's LTE bands, you don't have much choice.

Noob question.. What's the E50 model? Do you mean international version? I am completely new to android.. My 4s contract is up and here I come gs4/Android.. I'm a virgin.. Hehehe first timer.. : )

Jay Soto

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I honestly believe the Octa will be better. Also, I can't wait to try out OC just for benchmarks. Really want to see what type of development the Octa core will get. How will you be able to set clock frequencies? Will it be divided by cores? I'm really curious about it all.

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Exynos - A15 cores more powerful than 600, Power VR 544MP3 is more powerful than Adreno 320, better battery life in the exynos

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Exynos - A15 cores more powerful than 600, Power VR 544MP3 is more powerful than Adreno 320, better battery life in the exynos

You keep saying better battery life, but we really don't know that at all. If the recent talk is true and the Adreno 320 is clocked the same as it was in the S4 Pro then yes it'll be slower.

Qualcomm said that per clock performance on the S600 is 15% better than on the S4 Pro. That, along with the clockspeed increase should make the CPU performance a wash. They also focused primarily on single threaded performance for a lot of the improvements in performance. That makes sense, when you think about it, since most things that we do on our phones are still single threaded.

prediscover

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering how does the Octacore know when to switch between the a15's and a7's? Doesn't the app dictate this? If the app dictates this, then even if I'm just listening to music (for example), it might use the a15 cores to play music? That would burn through battery.
My Galaxy S2 with the qualcomm scorpion processor kills battery when playing music.

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering how does the Octacore know when to switch between the a15's and a7's? Doesn't the app dictate this? If the app dictates this, then even if I'm just listening to music (for example), it might use the a15 cores to play music? That would burn through battery.
My Galaxy S2 with the qualcomm scorpion processor kills battery when playing music.

The processor probably detects when there is an app that has low graphical needs or isnt a large file, doesnt need to load much then the processor hands it over to the A7, when you load a game the phone needs to load a heavy amount of graphical power so the A15's get involved(and obviously the gpu) to run it smoothly

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Most likely just has to do with looking at the voltage level at the little side, then when it hits a certain threshold turns on the big side. Highly likely they have a dedicated sub-processor for this task (don't read too far into that, it's fairly common).

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Exnyos Octa sounds rad and awesome. Snapdragon is a flower. Exnyos Octas flamethrow flowers. I saw it on a Japanese horror film. Which would YOU rather be? The flamethrowER or flamethrowEE????? Simple logic, here. Come on,man! :)

migs

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I wonder why Qualcomm has not come out to defend its chip performance test. I'm hoping a firmware update soon after the release of the GS4 will help the Snapdragon benchmark scores...I hate being the loser

j510

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I wonder why Qualcomm has not come out to defend its chip performance test. I'm hoping a firmware update soon after the release of the GS4 will help the Snapdragon benchmark scores...I hate being the loser

Who would they defend their chip against? Samsung? Cmon now

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
70% of the Galaxy S4s are going to be Qualcomm Snapdragon based.
Thus, only 30% is getting the Exynos Octa core version.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX