03-25-2013 10:16 AM
154 ... 4567
tools
    I don't like reading people complaining about the materials used to build the phones. It's a user's choice whether they want to buy this or that device. I love the One design. If someone forced me to only use the One for at least 6 months as my sole phone. I'd be totally cool with One. But, I prefer the S4. I prefer it because Samsung is tried and true as the top Android manufacturer, and I would even go as far as to say besides Google, the top in Android software. It has features that I like, some of which One also has, as well as microSD so I can put music and media on external storage and save the internal for all the apps I can fit. And besides the Note 3, I know Samsung will solely dedicate themselves to the S4 until the S5 comes. HTC, you cannot get that same dedication, because as we have seen from years' past; they will have a successor to the One later this year. They had the One X last year, then the Butterfly/DNA and One X+ later in the year. They will do it again.

Most importantly to me, I do not complain about phones that I am not going to buy, because every single one of these devices have roots that are disgusting and vile. There are slave pygmies(whose slavemasters do not consider to be human, by the way) in The Congo who mine the minerals used to build these Qualcomm and Samsung chipsets. There are lithium deposits in Afghanistan that will be used to build your batteries. You think it's a coincidence that these exist in a place where the US government sent troops to fight terrorists? It's not. So no, I'm not going to complain about the One. Not going to complain about the S4. I knew what to expect from both. And more than likely, so did a lot of others who probably had already decided on X or Y before they even fully knew what either device was.
    This isn't a big deal. Buy your device, and go use it.
    wilfreb, crester, sfrrr and 1 others like this.
    03-22-2013 11:56 AM
    To my eyes, the GS4 is what it's supposed to be, a better version than its predecessor, the GS3

A phone with a bigger battery, a bigger and better screen, removable battery, micro sd card slot in a thinner, more light and with the same dimensions as the predecessor, for me that's really design engineering.

TouchWiz is the most feature-rich, user-friendly and up to date OS of them all [excluding stock Android of course]

it is a fully no compromise phone, with the GS4 you have ABSOLUTELY all the features you can have, and that's excellent overall design.

the GS4 will be my next phone for sure.
    03-22-2013 01:03 PM
    Anyone that thought it was going to be something radical was just setting themselves up for disappointment. Like Phil said last night on the podcast, they don't need to make it look radically different every year, it worked for apple and it will work for samsung. Just because it doesn't look that much different doesn't mean it is only a minor upgrade, because it is far from that.
    Ry, crester and jcp007 like this.
    03-22-2013 01:50 PM
    Lord of the Mobiles? Gonna be a big war I foresee. :P
    In the end all cell phones will be made by Taco bell..... (Hope someone gets that reference lol)

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    bp3dots likes this.
    03-22-2013 01:58 PM
    In the end all cell phones will be made by Taco bell..... (Hope someone gets that reference lol)

All I can think of is the N-Gage when i read that. lol
    03-22-2013 03:10 PM
    Safety is a pretty big concern of mine riding the NYC subways. I just refuse to buy the "popular" thing.
    Besides, the phone is pretty fugly IMO.

But that's the beauty of choice. Embrace it.
    03-22-2013 07:25 PM
    Has anyone here seen or played with the S4? Haters will hate but it seems ridiculously closed minded to pick apart a smartphone before even using it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    crester and Premium1 like this.
    03-22-2013 07:35 PM
    You truly are ignorant. The only reason you are hating on this phone because it's made of plastic if it was made of your so called premium feel (metal) you would still be waxing your cane. It's way better than the 3 lighter thinner same size. And for it being laggy it probably wasn't a full production model. Plus they seem to be trying with adding a lot of new features. PLUS when you get your new premium feel phone what's the first thing you do? You guessed it run down to best buy and grab yourself a nice shinny PLASTIC case. So much for premium quality feel . this is for the poster who had five long reason he already hated the 4s.
    Tom S. likes this.
    03-22-2013 08:00 PM

I love Sandra Bullock!
    03-22-2013 08:06 PM
    I love Sandra Bullock!
    Yeah you do

03-22-2013 09:03 PM
    You truly are ignorant. The only reason you are hating on this phone because it's made of plastic if it was made of your so called premium feel (metal) you would still be waxing your cane. It's way better than the 3 lighter thinner same size. And for it being laggy it probably wasn't a full production model. Plus they seem to be trying with adding a lot of new features. PLUS when you get your new premium feel phone what's the first thing you do? You guessed it run down to best buy and grab yourself a nice shinny PLASTIC case. So much for premium quality feel . this is for the poster who had five long reason he already hated the 4s.
    Uh not every slaps a case on there phones, for example I don't on my Nexus 4, had you read the rest of my posts you would have seen I'm liking the S4 more and more.
    Premium1 likes this.
    03-22-2013 09:30 PM
    Didn't know it was ignorant to have perfectly fine preferences.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    03-22-2013 10:01 PM
    Didn't know it was ignorant to have perfectly fine preferences.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    He doesn't understand, let it go
    The Real X Dawg likes this.
    03-23-2013 12:40 AM
    Safety is a pretty big concern of mine riding the NYC subways. I just refuse to buy the "popular" thing.
    Besides, the phone is pretty fugly IMO.

But that's the beauty of choice. Embrace it.
    Safety? Riding in the subways no phone is safe, you better carry a gun lol
    DroidXcon likes this.
    03-23-2013 01:48 PM
    That's why I don't see why most New Yorkers think their city is the greatest thing on the planet. There's so much crap there.
    Premium1 likes this.
    03-23-2013 02:56 PM
    Not true. IPhone theft by school teens and hoodlums is rampant for years. Now the galaxy phones are the "trendy" thing. Really goes to show how great marketing blitzing is.

But..other than that NYC is as safe a place to be these days compared to most other big cities. But I digress.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    03-23-2013 04:20 PM
    Not true. IPhone theft by school teens and hoodlums is rampant for years. Now the galaxy phones are the "trendy" thing. Really goes to show how great marketing blitzing is.

But..other than that NYC is as safe a place to be these days compared to most other big cities. But I digress.

So you won't buy a phone that could be better because it might get stolen? Well you hear something new everyday.....
    Ry, crester, Tom S. and 1 others like this.
    03-23-2013 04:38 PM
    So you won't buy a phone that could be better because it might get stolen? Well you hear something new everyday.....
    Could be better?

What exactly is so much better with the Galaxy phones over other premium Android handsets aside from the best marketing campaign since "Droid Does"?

PS. Stolen isn't the same as ambushed and jumped.

03-23-2013 05:14 PM
    Could be better?

What exactly is so much better with the Galaxy phones over other premium Android handsets aside from the best marketing campaign since "Droid Does"?

PS. Stolen isn't the same as ambushed and jumped.

I never said its better hence the could be better. And battery, larger screen, camera(because all reviews say the one camera isn't anything special) not to mention plastic holds up a lot better than aluminum does in everyday use/drops. I prob won't get ever but I'd buy Samsung over htc solely for updates since htc is awful and notorious to leave phones behind
    03-23-2013 05:29 PM
    Might as well not have any possessions at all since they can be stolen.
    Premium1 and crester like this.
    03-23-2013 05:37 PM
    If I bought it, I'm sure as hell going to defend it. Not just going to give it up without a fight.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Premium1 likes this.
    03-23-2013 10:37 PM
    I never said its better hence the could be better. And battery, larger screen, camera(because all reviews say the one camera isn't anything special) not to mention plastic holds up a lot better than aluminum does in everyday use/drops. I prob won't get ever but I'd buy Samsung over htc solely for updates since htc is awful and notorious to leave phones behind
    i have already gotten 3 updates for my rezound and 1 for my DNA.did not leave these 2 behind
    03-24-2013 06:26 AM
    The backlash is odd. The S3 was itself more an evolution of the S2. It's just that the market finally really noticed the galaxy line and it took off. The S3 was/is wildly popular... generally considered the best on available and really the first that the public saw as superior Apple's baby. Is it a surprise that Samsung decided to just update it rather that do a ground up redesign?
    They took the top phone on the market, updated its hardware, kept the same basic layout and made a few tweaks...nothing wrong with that. Ok, sure, that is what Apple has done with the iPhone from the get go....look how it turned out for them.

We hyped the S4. Samsung kept it quiet, but everyone keeps their new stuff under wraps... no matter of it's the top dog or just the basic value line. Samsung wants to sell a lot of phones...that is what that are SUPPOSED to do.. and they will sell a ton of S4s.
    03-24-2013 07:32 AM

Yes, it's a great city if you're not a minority and get stopped and frisked every day.
    03-24-2013 07:48 AM
    Yes, it's a great city if you're not a minority and get stopped and frisked every day.
    This has never happened to me. Maybe I'm not minority enough.

03-24-2013 08:55 AM
154 ... 4567