the S4 was never going to meet expectations

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Safety? Riding in the subways no phone is safe, you better carry a gun lol

Not true. IPhone theft by school teens and hoodlums is rampant for years. Now the galaxy phones are the "trendy" thing. Really goes to show how great marketing blitzing is.

But..other than that NYC is as safe a place to be these days compared to most other big cities. But I digress.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Not true. IPhone theft by school teens and hoodlums is rampant for years. Now the galaxy phones are the "trendy" thing. Really goes to show how great marketing blitzing is.

But..other than that NYC is as safe a place to be these days compared to most other big cities. But I digress.

So you won't buy a phone that could be better because it might get stolen? Well you hear something new everyday.....

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So you won't buy a phone that could be better because it might get stolen? Well you hear something new everyday.....

Could be better?

What exactly is so much better with the Galaxy phones over other premium Android handsets aside from the best marketing campaign since "Droid Does"?

PS. Stolen isn't the same as ambushed and jumped.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Could be better?

What exactly is so much better with the Galaxy phones over other premium Android handsets aside from the best marketing campaign since "Droid Does"?

PS. Stolen isn't the same as ambushed and jumped.

I never said its better hence the could be better. And battery, larger screen, camera(because all reviews say the one camera isn't anything special) not to mention plastic holds up a lot better than aluminum does in everyday use/drops. I prob won't get ever but I'd buy Samsung over htc solely for updates since htc is awful and notorious to leave phones behind

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If I bought it, I'm sure as hell going to defend it. Not just going to give it up without a fight.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I never said its better hence the could be better. And battery, larger screen, camera(because all reviews say the one camera isn't anything special) not to mention plastic holds up a lot better than aluminum does in everyday use/drops. I prob won't get ever but I'd buy Samsung over htc solely for updates since htc is awful and notorious to leave phones behind
i have already gotten 3 updates for my rezound and 1 for my DNA.did not leave these 2 behind

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The backlash is odd. The S3 was itself more an evolution of the S2. It's just that the market finally really noticed the galaxy line and it took off. The S3 was/is wildly popular... generally considered the best on available and really the first that the public saw as superior Apple's baby. Is it a surprise that Samsung decided to just update it rather that do a ground up redesign?
They took the top phone on the market, updated its hardware, kept the same basic layout and made a few tweaks...nothing wrong with that. Ok, sure, that is what Apple has done with the iPhone from the get go....look how it turned out for them.

We hyped the S4. Samsung kept it quiet, but everyone keeps their new stuff under wraps... no matter of it's the top dog or just the basic value line. Samsung wants to sell a lot of phones...that is what that are SUPPOSED to do.. and they will sell a ton of S4s.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site

Yes, it's a great city if you're not a minority and get stopped and frisked every day.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

I believe it. Even here in DC riding the Metro, I tend to sit away from the doors and make sure I have my password turned on when I'm on the train -- it's a known fact that thieves will walk up, grab your phone and run at metro stops (making it nearly impossible to chase down the perp), which is why having your phone in your hands near the train doors makes you an easy target. I don't really fear being "ambushed and jumped", but I still try to avoid being a theft target none the less.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I believe it. Even here in DC riding the Metro, I tend to sit away from the doors and make sure I have my password turned on when I'm on the train -- it's a known fact that thieves will walk up, grab your phone and run at metro stops (making it nearly impossible to chase down the perp), which is why having your phone in your hands near the train doors makes you an easy target. I don't really fear being "ambushed and jumped", but I still try to avoid being a theft target none the less.
That's why I carry a little insurance just in case some punk makes the mistake of trying to jump me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX