Anyone else notice when going down the list of S4 features that a lot of them can be had on your Android or iOS phones NOW?

Translator - you can get apps on both platforms that does it (probably even better)
    S Health - you can get apps on both platforms that does it (definitely better)
    Dual Camera - I know a ton of iOS apps that do this and the HTC One does it already
    Knox - both platforms have similar apps already

The list goes on and on...so in my opinion, the S4 not only lacks in design but lacks innovative software. Hardware and software is just a rehash.
    03-19-2013 11:00 PM
    You used three examples that practically nobody watching the live event cared about. What about smart pause, group play, and those features?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    satannik likes this.
    03-19-2013 11:13 PM
    Wow. Amazing post. I just changed my mind. I'll keep my S3. Thank you. I didn't really want the new processor or 5 inch 1080p screen. Maybe I'll go get an iPhone and spend a few hundred bucks on music and those apps you mentioned......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    satannik and msavic6 like this.
    03-19-2013 11:13 PM
    Anyone else notice when going down the list of S4 features that a lot of them can be had on your Android or iOS phones NOW?

Translator - you can get apps on both platforms that does it (probably even better)
    Dual Camera - I know a ton of iOS apps that do this and the HTC One does it already

The list goes on and on...so in my opinion, the S4 not only lacks in design but lacks innovative software. Hardware and software is just a rehash.
    what translator app is the equivilant?
    03-19-2013 11:16 PM

Samsung should be ashamed of themselves for trying to get buyers to use their version of those apps! Seriously that goes for every device on the market.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    03-20-2013 12:25 AM
    Samsung should be ashamed of themselves for trying to get buyers to use their version of those apps! Seriously that goes for every device on the market.
    Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    They should only be ashamed if their execution sucks, that is yet to be seen.
    The Real X Dawg likes this.
    03-20-2013 12:29 AM
    Wow. Amazing post. I just changed my mind. I'll keep my S3. Thank you. I didn't really want the new processor or 5 inch 1080p screen. Maybe I'll go get an iPhone and spend a few hundred bucks on music and those apps you mentioned......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    The apps are free on iOS.
    03-20-2013 12:38 AM
    Who cares?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    03-20-2013 02:07 AM
    Really, an article on this topic? This all may be true but putting aside that you left out a bunch of new features the ones you mention like you said require an extra apk orvapp to be installed. It will work much better with it integrated into the phone. Either way I don't think people in the market for an android phone are going to look at the specs of the iPhone 5 and say "hey, let me just get the iPhone". There's no comparison. The choices now are, s4,htc one, note 2 and soon note 3.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    03-20-2013 06:03 AM
    If the list goes on and on, then you would have given more examples... but apparently it does not go on and on. And I'm sure you have examples of side by side comparisons of all these app... oh wait, the S4 has not come out and you can only go off the presentation from Samsung.

The apps are free on iOS.
    So you are an iPhone person then... did you look at some recent examples of the great speed tests by the iPhone 5 compared to a lot of other Android phones, if that is the phone you want to base most of your comparisons on???
    BRG: SAMSUNG GALAXY S 4 CRUSHES IPHONE 5, OTHER LEADING PHONES IN EARLY PERFORMANCE TESTS

Personally, I have never been very impressed with the iPhone and their lack of design and their lacks innovative software. The iPhone 5 is still the original iPhone, with a lack of design and innovative software.
    03-20-2013 06:30 AM