04-19-2013 12:30 PM
74 123
tools
    I picked up a note 2 instead of the sgs4 and love it depending on the display size I may get the note3 as long as they do the same thing they did with the s4 and increase the screen while keeping the physical size of the device the same or smaller
    JasW likes this.
    04-12-2013 11:51 AM
    Just look at this... Who ever purchases the mega and uses it as a phone has something seriously wrong with them...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Skipping Galaxy S4 for Galaxy Note 3-uploadfromtaptalk1365809027963.jpg  
    Topgonzo and smooth4lyfe like this.
    04-12-2013 06:24 PM
    Just look at this... Who ever purchases the mega and uses it as a phone has something seriously wrong with them...

I think it's beautiful! That's the perfect size.
    The Real X Dawg likes this.
    04-12-2013 06:33 PM
    I think it's beautiful! That's the perfect size.
    I hope htc comes out with a 6.5" phone so you can get it

Sent from my Note 2
    04-12-2013 06:42 PM
    I hope htc comes out with a 6.5" phone so you can get it

Sent from my Note 2
    I don't think HTC has any plans to launch a phablet. Wish they did though.
    04-12-2013 06:55 PM
    I think that people need to consider the difference between one handed talking use, and one handed use for other things. Since I use hands free in my car(voice dialing and such), I don't have an issue with the size of the device. Then, you get a phone that large for the tablet use, and you wouldn't use a 7 inch tablet with only one hand, so why would you consider using a 5.5+ inch device one handed if you are using it as a small tablet?

So, would I have an issue taking a call single-handed on the Note 3(assuming 6 inches, give or take)? Nope, and most of you wouldn't have a problem with it as well. If you need to put the phone to your ear while driving, then really, you shouldn't do that with even a 3.2 inch device. So, it is only those who want to text and tinker on the phone one handed, and there SHOULD be few situations where you need to do it single-handed anyway, as I said, because while driving, you shouldn't be playing with your phone.
    Topgonzo likes this.
    04-12-2013 07:21 PM
    I think that people need to consider the difference between one handed talking use, and one handed use for other things. Since I use hands free in my car(voice dialing and such), I don't have an issue with the size of the device. Then, you get a phone that large for the tablet use, and you wouldn't use a 7 inch tablet with only one hand, so why would you consider using a 5.5+ inch device one handed if you are using it as a small tablet?

So, would I have an issue taking a call single-handed on the Note 3(assuming 6 inches, give or take)? Nope, and most of you wouldn't have a problem with it as well. If you need to put the phone to your ear while driving, then really, you shouldn't do that with even a 3.2 inch device. So, it is only those who want to text and tinker on the phone one handed, and there SHOULD be few situations where you need to do it single-handed anyway, as I said, because while driving, you shouldn't be playing with your phone.
    The issue isn't the physical aspect of holding the device one handed. Its the fact you look stupid holding a semi-tablet(Galaxy Mega 6.3) up to your face and the fact that you can't use your smartphone which is considered a portable device with only one hand and feel safe from drops. With <5inch screens, you can use the phone one handed and not have to worry about fumbling it and dropping it.

04-12-2013 09:06 PM
    The issue isn't the physical aspect of holding the device one handed. Its the fact you look stupid holding a semi-tablet(Galaxy Mega 6.3) up to your face and the fact that you can't use your smartphone which is considered a portable device with only one hand and feel safe from drops. With <5inch screens, you can use the phone one handed and not have to worry about fumbling it and dropping it.

Just imagine how ridiculous you look holding a big *** screen to your ear.
    smooth4lyfe and msavic6 like this.
    04-13-2013 08:10 AM

I think anyone who's owned a Note or seriously considered it has come to terms with the size. I can't see myself going much bigger than this if at all but we'll see, in the last year I've gone 3.5" to 4.7" to 5.5".

Unless your just here bashing larger phones (I hate the other p word) I don't see the point of your post. You're just saying what you think is stupid and not. I could say I think the on screen buttons on your phone look stupid but I didn't really further the discussion along by saying that now did I.

Sent from my Note 2
    04-13-2013 09:20 AM
    I think anyone who's owned a Note or seriously considered it has come to terms with the size. I can't see myself going much bigger than this if at all but we'll see, in the last year I've gone 3.5" to 4.7" to 5.5".

Unless your just here bashing larger phones (I hate the other p word) I don't see the point of your post. You're just saying what you think is stupid and not. I could say I think the on screen buttons on your phone look stupid but I didn't really further the discussion along by saying that now did I.

Sent from my Note 2
    I am not bashing large phones like the note 2. I am bashing the Mega 6.3, that is just going way to far. The note 2 is at least still relatively usable and can still fit in your pocket. Plus the note has benefits, like the S-Pen and all the productivity features included. But the Mega 6.3 is just a "Mega" phone. When I see someone with a Galaxy Mega, I'm going to start laughing. Something that big should not be used as a phone.
    The Size of a device and on-screen buttons are two very different things, on screen buttons don't affect my ability to use the device while having a massive screen like the Mega 6.3 does. If you take the current note2 and remove the physical buttons and add on screen buttons, the screen would be like 5.8" vs. 5.5"

04-13-2013 12:57 PM
    6" would be nice
    04-13-2013 02:02 PM

Lol Its like holding a slice of pizza to the side of ur face
    msavic6 likes this.
    04-13-2013 02:14 PM
    I am not bashing large phones like the note 2. I am bashing the Mega 6.3, that is just going way to far. The note 2 is at least still relatively usable and can still fit in your pocket. Plus the note has benefits, like the S-Pen and all the productivity features included. But the Mega 6.3 is just a "Mega" phone. When I see someone with a Galaxy Mega, I'm going to start laughing. Something that big should not be used as a phone.
    The Size of a device and on-screen buttons are two very different things, on screen buttons don't affect my ability to use the device while having a massive screen like the Mega 6.3 does. If you take the current note2 and remove the physical buttons and add on screen buttons, the screen would be like 5.8" vs. 5.5"

What's too far for one person is perfect for another. I know a few of my friends that would buy the Mega if it was basically a budget Note 2 instead of a super sized S3.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    04-13-2013 02:51 PM
    I just don't see the benefits of the Mega 6.3, it is so unergonomic its funny and it offers no benefit whatsoever to the consumer besides an enormous screen. At least the note increases productivity. I'm pretty sure that the majority of people in North America/Europe won't purchase this and will opt for the note instead, but in the Asian countries where the note is already extremely successful I can see a fair bit of people owning the Mega 6.3.

04-13-2013 04:49 PM
    You have to realize that the devices are not being produced to be used as phones. Sure, they have phone capabilities, but they are being aimed at regions that prefer their devices to be media consumption devices.

Think portable tv and internet device. Not a tablet or "phablet" (not a real word) and definately not just a phone.

Sure the screen size is larger than what would be comfortable to have up to your ear, but if I recall, bluetooth accessories have been around for years now. The device can stay in the hand or in the pocket/bag.

I have stated before in other posts that with my eyes starting to get worse, I am glad for some larger screen devices on the market, under the 7" tablet size. They help me see a video or email better without having to zoom in on a specific area.

But to each his own. There is a market for large screen devices all over the world, and if some people do not like them that is their prerogative, but don't come on a forum and call the idea stupid.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.
    04-13-2013 05:05 PM
    You have to realize that the devices are not being produced to be used as phones. Sure, they have phone capabilities, but they are being aimed at regions that prefer their devices to be media consumption devices.

Think portable tv and internet device. Not a tablet or "phablet" (not a real word) and definately not just a phone.

Sure the screen size is larger than what would be comfortable to have up to your ear, but if I recall, bluetooth accessories have been around for years now. The device can stay in the hand or in the pocket/bag.

I have stated before in other posts that with my eyes starting to get worse, I am glad for some larger screen devices on the market, under the 7" tablet size. They help me see a video or email better without having to zoom in on a specific area.

But to each his own. There is a market for large screen devices all over the world, and if some people do not like them that is their prerogative, but don't come on a forum and call the idea stupid.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.
    I completely understand the necessity for larger screens on devices. But that's where the note line comes in. The screen is larger yet the device is still relatively usable and adds features like the S-Pen to increase functionality. All these enhancements help combat the loss of sight. The Mega line up is just pointless IMO.

04-14-2013 12:14 AM
    You could use bluetooth headsets for calling.
    However, phone sizes are getting a bit out of hand. I have somewhat big hands, and find 4.5 inch phones, just fit in my hand.
    The Galaxy Note just fits in my hand, and the Mega would probably float out of my hand.
    Phones shouldn't reach the 7 inch mark.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums
    04-14-2013 02:11 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the Mega have inferior specs than the Note 2 and Galaxy S3?
    04-14-2013 11:24 AM
    Just imagine how ridiculous you look holding a big *** screen to your ear.
    Like holding a ham sandwich up to your ear? Lol
    04-14-2013 01:00 PM
    The size difference is huge.
    04-14-2013 01:10 PM
    Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the Mega have inferior specs than the Note 2 and Galaxy S3?
    Yeah, it's not meant to compete with the note, or you could say it's a poor man's Note. They might have done it just to treat the waters and see how people like the size

Sent from my Note 2
    universeand likes this.
    04-15-2013 01:15 AM
    I just don't see the benefits of the Mega 6.3, it is so unergonomic its funny and it offers no benefit whatsoever to the consumer besides an enormous screen. At least the note increases productivity. I'm pretty sure that the majority of people in North America/Europe won't purchase this and will opt for the note instead, but in the Asian countries where the note is already extremely successful I can see a fair bit of people owning the Mega 6.3.
    Would be too big to comfortably hold in my hands for calls but more importantly as a handheld computer/pda.
    04-18-2013 09:06 PM
    Yes.
    04-18-2013 09:09 PM
    I would consider waiting, but not knowing when its coming or what it will really be has me getting a GS4.
    04-19-2013 12:30 PM
74 123