Skipping Galaxy S4 for Galaxy Note 3

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Easy to hold? I guess that's subjective. If I cannot operate it with 1 hand then it's not easy to hold.
I agree with this, and I have large hands. I mean, I could use it with one hand, but I would struggle, especially since they removed the side scrolling to zoom in, which I loved.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree with this, and I have large hands. I mean, I could use it with one hand, but I would struggle, especially since they removed the side scrolling to zoom in, which I loved.

My hands aren't small and holding the Note 2 in 1 hand and trying to operate all necessary functions is impossible to do and have a good grip on the phone. Just reaching from the home button to an icon at or near the top of other side of the screen is painful to do. You have to keep re-balancing the phone in your hand so you can reach. I'm sorry, it's just not for me.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Easy to hold? I guess that's subjective. If I cannot operate it with 1 hand then it's not easy to hold.

Since when does holding = operating? The phrase "easy to hold" doesn't mean that you can hold and operate the phone comfortably one handed. It's not like the people who enjoy these devices are doing anything different or have freakishly huge hands... With anything in this size range I think 2 handed operation is a given and all the op was speaking to is how the phone fits in the hand and nothing more

Sent from my Note 2

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Since when does holding = operating? The phrase "easy to hold" doesn't mean that you can hold and operate the phone comfortably one handed. It's not like the people who enjoy these devices are doing anything different or have freakishly huge hands... With anything in this size range I think 2 handed operation is a given and all the op was speaking to is how the phone fits in the hand and nothing more

Sent from my Note 2

That's exactly why I said it's subjective. To me, easy to hold when it comes to a phone means being able to easily operate it with one hand. So yes, easy to operate. But that's the definition to me. I wouldn't define it by just how easy it is to pick up. By that definition an iPad is easy to hold. Doesn't mean I'd want to use it as a phone. So for me (because all I'm giving is my personal opinion) it's not easy to hold because I don't need to just hold my phone. I need to use it comfortably.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Easy to hold also means easier to drop. Yes my note 2 can barely be operated with one hand. But most everything I do requires 2 hands anyways. Most games require 2. Texting with 2 hands is also faster. The only need I see in using one hand is to text while driving and thats incredibly dangerous. Thankfully with the note 2 thats impossible so I dont even attempt it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Easy to hold also means easier to drop. Yes my note 2 can barely be operated with one hand. But most everything I do requires 2 hands anyways. Most games require 2. Texting with 2 hands is also faster. The only need I see in using one hand is to text while driving and thats incredibly dangerous. Thankfully with the note 2 thats impossible so I dont even attempt it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Sure texting is faster with do but some people using 1 hand and it's the fact that you are able to do it comfortably with 1 when needed. That's the point. Not that you can't do it but that it's easy to do when you need it. And of course, I wasn't talking about games and stuff that require 2 hands. But even if I'm playing solitaire when I do with 1 hand and need to pick a card from one side of the screen and drag to the other. Can't be done on the note with 1 hand. Sure some don't care, but I do. Just normal navigating through the device from select icons to scrolling through menus. Sure it can be done. But it's not easy and that's my only point. My SG3 is easy for me to do those things with one hand when I need it. Note was a pain in the butt. And I think I was along the mindset that I could adjust but I didn't realize how important that was to me. .

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Sure texting is faster with do but some people using 1 hand and it's the fact that you are able to do it comfortably with 1 when needed. That's the point. Not that you can't do it but that it's easy to do when you need it. And of course, I wasn't talking about games and stuff that require 2 hands. But even if I'm playing solitaire when I do with 1 hand and need to pick a card from one side of the screen and drag to the other. Can't be done on the note with 1 hand. Sure some don't care, but I do. Just normal navigating through the device from select icons to scrolling through menus. Sure it can be done. But it's not easy and that's my only point. My SG3 is easy for me to do those things with one hand when I need it. Note was a pain in the butt. And I think I was along the mindset that I could adjust but I didn't realize how important that was to me. .

Thjat's watt voice rekiginionnanan es fur. Eat naveir meats misteakses enymire. :) :) :) :) :)

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly why I said it's subjective. To me, easy to hold when it comes to a phone means being able to easily operate it with one hand. So yes, easy to operate. But that's the definition to me. I wouldn't define it by just how easy it is to pick up. By that definition an iPad is easy to hold. Doesn't mean I'd want to use it as a phone. So for me (because all I'm giving is my personal opinion) it's not easy to hold because I don't need to just hold my phone. I need to use it comfortably.
exactly. when I think of "easy to hold" I think of the ease of holding it while operating it. As you stated, by his logic, the iPad is easy to hold.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
exactly. when I think of "easy to hold" I think of the ease of holding it while operating it. As you stated, by his logic, the iPad is easy to hold.

I think the whole point of the original post isn't that you can physically hold the phone. Technically a toaster oven is pretty easy to hold but that doesn't mean I'll use it for my phone. It's that the phone can still fit in your hand. A note 2 fits my hand comfortably, I can't operate with the same hand but it fits. An iPad does not.

Sent from my Note 2

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I can't use anything over 4.5" easily with one hand, so whether it is 5" or 6.3" doesn't make a huge difference in one handed usability for me, I need two hands for most tasks at either screen size. That said, I'd rather have the larger screen if I am going to need two hands to use it either way. Plus, the Note line of phones include specific features that make one handed operation easier (one handed modes for the dialer, keyboard, and calculator for example). With those options enabled, it is easier for me to dial a number or use the calculator one handed on my original Note than on a GS3 or One X.

All that to say, though I really like the look of the GS4, I will probably wait and use my upgrade on a Note 3. My upgrade isn't till July, so the wait for the Note 3 shouldn't be too bad.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm leary of the larger size. Whether the phone will still be pocketable and if it won't fit in the hand comfortably anymore. Only time will tell. I wasn't sure even about this phone at first and now I love it

Sent from my Note 2

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Note 2, its borderline too big. I dunno, maybe after I have it for a while a 6.3 will be natural. It better have an ENORMOUS battery and have 1080 RGB AMOLED... :)

Aren't most of us here very experienced in holding 6" or more? :p
Nope, most of us have girlfriends...:cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000