Skipping Galaxy S4 for Galaxy Note 3

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I would love the note 2, I see so many uses for the spen and the large screen would make media consumption so much more enjoyable.

I know their is no trick to holding it in one hand but I just can't give up on one handed use. The majority of the time I'm using my phone one handed and my other hand is either holding a bag or I'm in transit and holding on. I see people everyday with note 2's making phone calls and holding the phone up to their head, it looks fairly ridiculous, I would rather use a Bluetooth headset since the phone practically covers up the side of their head. The interesting thing is that I see more *small* people with a note2 than *large* people, I'm wondering how they put up with the size.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

You get used to it and I'm fairly short and skinny. It's not for everyone but I love it and I never use bluetooth. And for things that don't require a lot of touch input the note actually fits the hand really well vs a thinner phone that you hold more with your finger tips and away from your palm. I passed on the first note because I thought it was too big and at the time I was used to an iPhone... But now there's no looking back

Sent from my Note 2

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
The Note 2 for me right now is a tad too big and it's at 5.5", I can't imagine myself going to 5.9". You do get used to it after a while though and learn to live with it, but I do kind of want something smaller. 5" seems like the sweet spot, 5.9" is going overboard.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The Note 2 for me right now is a tad too big and it's at 5.5", I can't imagine myself going to 5.9". You do get used to it after a while though and learn to live with it, but I do kind of want something smaller. 5" seems like the sweet spot, 5.9" is going overboard.

Everybody is different. I think 4.7" is pretty "standard" right now if I had to pick a size and I think 5" will get to be more common as new phones roll out.

Sent from my Note 2

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
If you already have a SGS3, most will not be buying the SGS4 because it doesn't have any "killer feature". It is definitely better than the SGS3 in so many aspects, but an upgrade from SGS3 to SGS4 is simply not worth it.

Except of course when an SGS3'er is ready to renew. For them the SG4 or its successor will likely be their preferred choice.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
The HTC One does look good, but how is the memory configured, is it broken down to app storage vs SD card crap like we found on so many other devices.

Unfortunately other new Android devices will be like that because that is how Google messed up the design of the Android OS itself. It's not a specific device design.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I would love to pick up the Note 3. I just don't know if I want to go back to Android. Left the Note 2 for an iPhone 5 and haven't had any issues. But the bigger screen still calls me. We will see what happens when the Note 3 is released. I will know what to do when I have it in my hand.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately other new Android devices will be like that because that is how Google messed up the design of the Android OS itself. It's not a specific device design.

There's reasons for it and it makes sense. And it's not like it's a big deal at all

Sent from my Note 2

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I prefer it that way. I don't want to have to deal with microSD cards and removable batteries anymore.

What's to deal with? It's not like the iPhone 5 is the exclusive solution to that. Get a 64GB HTC One, problem solved. And that's assuming you have a 64GB iPhone 5. If not, and 32GB is fine, get the 32GB S4. Nobody will force you to put in an SD card or remove the battery (or remove that back cover and put on a cool flip case). IMO, that's vastly preferable to consigning myself to the High Walled Garden of Apple, where they insist on holding your hand all the time.

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
The Galaxy MEGA was announced.
If you want a huge phone, 5.8 or 6.3, and can live with it being mid range.
It would be good for you.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I picked up a note 2 instead of the sgs4 and love it depending on the display size I may get the note3 as long as they do the same thing they did with the s4 and increase the screen while keeping the physical size of the device the same or smaller

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just look at this... Who ever purchases the mega and uses it as a phone has something seriously wrong with them...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365809027963.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365809027963.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 47

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I think that people need to consider the difference between one handed talking use, and one handed use for other things. Since I use hands free in my car(voice dialing and such), I don't have an issue with the size of the device. Then, you get a phone that large for the tablet use, and you wouldn't use a 7 inch tablet with only one hand, so why would you consider using a 5.5+ inch device one handed if you are using it as a small tablet?

So, would I have an issue taking a call single-handed on the Note 3(assuming 6 inches, give or take)? Nope, and most of you wouldn't have a problem with it as well. If you need to put the phone to your ear while driving, then really, you shouldn't do that with even a 3.2 inch device. So, it is only those who want to text and tinker on the phone one handed, and there SHOULD be few situations where you need to do it single-handed anyway, as I said, because while driving, you shouldn't be playing with your phone.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I think that people need to consider the difference between one handed talking use, and one handed use for other things. Since I use hands free in my car(voice dialing and such), I don't have an issue with the size of the device. Then, you get a phone that large for the tablet use, and you wouldn't use a 7 inch tablet with only one hand, so why would you consider using a 5.5+ inch device one handed if you are using it as a small tablet?

So, would I have an issue taking a call single-handed on the Note 3(assuming 6 inches, give or take)? Nope, and most of you wouldn't have a problem with it as well. If you need to put the phone to your ear while driving, then really, you shouldn't do that with even a 3.2 inch device. So, it is only those who want to text and tinker on the phone one handed, and there SHOULD be few situations where you need to do it single-handed anyway, as I said, because while driving, you shouldn't be playing with your phone.

The issue isn't the physical aspect of holding the device one handed. Its the fact you look stupid holding a semi-tablet(Galaxy Mega 6.3) up to your face and the fact that you can't use your smartphone which is considered a portable device with only one hand and feel safe from drops. With <5inch screens, you can use the phone one handed and not have to worry about fumbling it and dropping it.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
The issue isn't the physical aspect of holding the device one handed. Its the fact you look stupid holding a semi-tablet(Galaxy Mega 6.3) up to your face and the fact that you can't use your smartphone which is considered a portable device with only one hand and feel safe from drops. With <5inch screens, you can use the phone one handed and not have to worry about fumbling it and dropping it.

Just imagine how ridiculous you look holding a big *** screen to your ear.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I think anyone who's owned a Note or seriously considered it has come to terms with the size. I can't see myself going much bigger than this if at all but we'll see, in the last year I've gone 3.5" to 4.7" to 5.5".

Unless your just here bashing larger phones (I hate the other p word) I don't see the point of your post. You're just saying what you think is stupid and not. I could say I think the on screen buttons on your phone look stupid but I didn't really further the discussion along by saying that now did I.

Sent from my Note 2

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I think anyone who's owned a Note or seriously considered it has come to terms with the size. I can't see myself going much bigger than this if at all but we'll see, in the last year I've gone 3.5" to 4.7" to 5.5".

Unless your just here bashing larger phones (I hate the other p word) I don't see the point of your post. You're just saying what you think is stupid and not. I could say I think the on screen buttons on your phone look stupid but I didn't really further the discussion along by saying that now did I.

Sent from my Note 2

I am not bashing large phones like the note 2. I am bashing the Mega 6.3, that is just going way to far. The note 2 is at least still relatively usable and can still fit in your pocket. Plus the note has benefits, like the S-Pen and all the productivity features included. But the Mega 6.3 is just a "Mega" phone. When I see someone with a Galaxy Mega, I'm going to start laughing. Something that big should not be used as a phone.
The Size of a device and on-screen buttons are two very different things, on screen buttons don't affect my ability to use the device while having a massive screen like the Mega 6.3 does. If you take the current note2 and remove the physical buttons and add on screen buttons, the screen would be like 5.8" vs. 5.5"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles