Unlike the Samsung Galaxy S4, the iPhone 5 has been launched just a while ago. The guys at Apple were basically ecstatic for the 2 million pre-orders they had (with 1 million more than the pre-orders made for the iPhone 4S) and they started to promote their product a lot.

The price tag for a brand new, entry level Samsung Galaxy S4 would be of $629.95. The no-contract version of the iPhone 5 is $649. How do you choose between the iPhone 5 and Galaxy S4? I believe you have known about iPhone 5, but how about S4? The best bet, the third-party tell you by comparing all parts between them.

Software:

While the hardware specs certainly dictate a few real-world differences between the Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5 (most notably the iPhones lack of NFC andMicroSDslot), the key differentiator is the software. The Galaxy S4, with Android 4.2 and the TouchWiz skin, is completely and utterly different from iOS 6 on the iPhone. Deciding which experience is best, however, is tricky.

Apples iOS is something of a paradox, with its proponents claiming that its simplicity is what sets it above the competition, and its foes claiming the exact opposite. If youve never used a smartphone before, or if youve only ever used an iPhone, you will probably find iOS to be fun and easy to use. At the expense of simplicity, though, you just cant do a whole lot with an iPhone at least in comparison to the Galaxy S4. Not only does the iPhone 5 lack the features provided by the S4′s superior hardware (NFC,MicroSD), but iOS is so immutable that you cant alter basic things like the home screen, web browser, or on-screen keyboard. Basically, iOS/iPhone is one-size-fits-all, and if it doesnt fit youre going to wish youd got the S4 with its elastic waist.

With the Galaxy S4, Samsung also introduced a bunch of crazy new features that iOS/iPhone can only dream of, and probably wont be replicated even by the time the iPhone 5S or 6 rolls around. For more on how the Galaxy S4′s software is superior to the iPhone 5.

Chassis & dimensions:

The one exception to the Galaxy S4′s hardware supremacy, of course, is if you want a smaller phone: The iPhone 5 is both smaller and lighter than the S4 by some margin. The other notable difference is that the Galaxy S4 is plastic, while the iPhone 5 is aluminium

Ultimately, though, it comes down to personal taste. While the Galaxy S4 is heavier, at 130 grams it isnt heavy. If you want a big-screen device, go for the Galaxy; if you want something thats easier to hold, go for the iPhone.

Hardware & battery life:

For the hardware analysis, well be looking at theUSversion of the Galaxy S4, which has a quad-core Snapdragon 600 SoC with integrated LTE support. The Exynos Octa version of the Galaxy S4 is a lot more exciting, but it probably wont be available in theUS and, more importantly, we just dont know how its eight cores perform in real-life use: They will almost certainly be lightning fast, but will it be at the expense of injudicious power consumption?

As the table clearly shows, the Galaxy S4′s hardware is superior to the iPhone 5 in almost every way. The Galaxy S4′s cameras are better on paper, but as we know, more megapixels certainly dont equate to better image quality. The RAM difference is big, though unlikely to have real-world repercussions; the Galaxy S4′s MicroSD slot is a definite edge over the iPhone 5, however.

Another area where the iPhone 5 might beat the Galaxy S4 is the GPU: In benchmarks, the Snapdragon 600′s Adreno 320 and the iPhone 5′s SGX543MP3 trade blows. In real-life use, the iPhone 5 might feel a bit snappier because its GPU is pushing fewer pixels and really, were still not sure if it makes sense to squeeze a 1920x1080p display into a smartphone. Higher-resolution displays need stronger backlighting and require more processing power, pushing down battery life. If your eye cant tell the difference between 1080p and 720p at 12 inches, why bother?

Its also worth noting that the Galaxy S4′s battery is almost twice the size of the iPhones but battery life is unlikely to be twice as long, due to the S4′s huge screen. Apple is famous for its ability to squeeze as much life as possible out of smaller batteries by specifically optimizing the software for the hardware but even so, I think the S4′s 2,600 mAh battery will win out.
    03-22-2013 01:42 AM
    Yay. Another identical thread. Thanks!
    03-22-2013 08:09 AM
    For more on how the Galaxy S4′s software is superior to the iPhone 5.
    Is this a post or is this a news report?

It sounds like the poster tried to link to his blogspam or reseller website, but it got auto-filtered in the process.
    03-22-2013 09:15 AM
    Is this a post or is this a news report?

It sounds like the poster tried to link to his blogspam or reseller website, but it got auto-filtered in the process.
    Probably doesn't know how o link properly.
    03-22-2013 09:28 AM
    Yeah this post confuses me. Sounds like a person trying out for a tech review site.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    03-22-2013 11:43 AM
    Yeah this post confuses me. Sounds like a person trying out for a tech review site.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Maybe he wants a staff job at AC. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    03-22-2013 12:41 PM
    Maybe he wants a staff job at AC. Lol

That could be a possibility

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    03-22-2013 12:49 PM
    That could be a possibility

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    I've written reviews myself and from what I can tell he has a looooong way to go then. IMO anyway.
    TheOtherBill likes this.
    03-22-2013 12:56 PM
    I've written reviews myself and from what I can tell he has a looooong way to go then. IMO anyway.
    Yea, I run a review writing website and make a couple bucks off ads with my buddies. The writing is ok(emphasis on OK) , but the subject is already worn thin.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    03-22-2013 01:00 PM
    Yea, I run a review writing website and make a couple bucks off ads with my buddies. The writing is ok(emphasis on OK) , but the subject is already worn thin.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    Also let's be honest, the iphone 5 was behind the S3 in almost every way, what's the point of comparing it to the S4?

TomsAndroid and CampCash like this.
    03-22-2013 01:02 PM
    Also let's be honest, the iphone 5 was behind the S3 in almost every way, what's the point of comparing it to the S4?

And yet people will still buy the inferior iPhone 6 with its one new feature. Their choice.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    03-22-2013 01:09 PM
    And yet people will still buy the inferior iPhone 6 with its one new feature. Their choice.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    Yeah well, if that's what they want it's not our problem.
    03-22-2013 03:09 PM
    Yeah well, if that's what they want it's not our problem.
    True true.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    03-22-2013 03:18 PM
    Galaxy S4 all the way.
    *You get better hardware than the iPhone 5
    *You have more possibilities if you get tired of the stock system
    *You have more screen realestate
    *Android is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than iOS
    03-22-2013 07:45 PM
    the i5.......nuff said.
    03-22-2013 07:47 PM
    the i5.......nuff said. fool.
    Classy.
    03-22-2013 07:51 PM
    I was really tempted to not feed this thread, but I can't resist

It really boils down to one question: Do you like iOS or is Android more your style?

The iPhone 5 may not be the most cutting edge phone ever, but it certainly isn't a slouch. If you like iOS and/or are heavily invested in Apple's ecosystem, the iPhone 5 is the best Apple has to offer. Personally, I find iOS a bit drab and dull, but that doesn't make it a bad OS. My wife, my mom, my brother, my father, and my sister-in-law all love thier iPhones and probably wouldn't like Android. Or at least, wouldn't use Android to its full potential, so it wouldn't offer them anything iOS doesn't offer them. They like having all the popular games and apps, and those come to iOS first.

I'm much more tech saavy, I'm into rooting and flashing roms, and I like Android. I use my phone to its potential. Niether OS is bad, its a personal choice. Now if you are considering BB10, stop, get an Android phone. If you are considering Windows Phone (which I used for 2 years and quite like), don't do it, get either the iPhone (if you want something simple like Windows Phone), or and Android Phone with one of the Windows Phone inspired launchers if it is the style you like.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    03-22-2013 08:07 PM
    Iphone 5 is worse in all ways imo. The build isn't even better, well it might be for the first day but polycarbonate is just better then aluminum. It doesn't scratch like aluminum or dent. My brother has a giant dent in the back of his iphone5 and I have a friend that also has a dent in his.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    03-22-2013 11:43 PM
    Iphone 5 is worse in all ways imo. The build isn't even better, well it might be for the first day but polycarbonate is just better then aluminum. It doesn't scratch like aluminum or dent. My brother has a giant dent in the back of his iphone5 and I have a friend that also has a dent in his.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Yep.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    03-23-2013 12:53 AM
    iphone 5 is a joke IMO. The software is ancient as hell, the only new feature is they finally added LTE, that's it. It"s not nearly the phone as the SGS3, why bother compare it to the SGS4, something that has been bumped way up in specs, software and even the OS has been bumped to 4.2.2. My sister has the iphone 5, it was all chipped up right out of the box, after just one maybe two weeks the phone looks like it is 3 years old. Seriously, it is all marked up little dents all around the edge of the phone. My SGS3 which is a polycarbonate phone (plastic) which Apple will lead you to believe is a inferior material still looks like the day I purchased it, not a mark on it and I don't use a case. I think any metal phone will have some issue with radio signal, wireless charging and all around cosmetic wear and tear. Drop a metal and a polycarbonate phone, the metal phone will be a mess, much better chance the polycarbonate phone does much better. Keep the iphone 5, it's yesterday, Apple is trying anything to stop Samsung, they can not beat innovation with litigation. Innovation beats litigation every time. Thank You Samsung for the best phone in the world.
    03-23-2013 10:27 AM
    Galaxy S3 sales 30million+
    iPhone 5 - unsure because its that bad apple wont say

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    03-23-2013 07:26 PM
    Galaxy S3 sales 30million+
    iPhone 5 - unsure because its that bad apple wont say

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    S3 sold over 40 million I think

03-23-2013 07:51 PM
    Apples to oranges. Sounds to me like you may need both phones.
    03-23-2013 07:56 PM
    Apples to oranges. Sounds to me like you may need both phones.
    When in doubt, this is always the correct answer
    03-23-2013 08:34 PM