VIDEO TEST- Galaxy S4 v. HTC One v. iPhone 5 (VIDEO)

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Damn, if this is real, i cannot wait to get my hands on an S4.

well i can't wait regardless, but those comparisons just upped it a few notches.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The note 2 can record in slow or fast motion. I thought the s3 could too? I have used it 0 times. Lots of features sound so useful but are really not that useful in real use. Multi view is one. I could not wait to get it on my note 2 and rarely use it. Maybe that's just me though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

iPhone 5_to_GS4

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
GS4 wins. I like how wide the video angle is compared to ip5. Ip5 video angle is too narrow. When I switch from photo to video there is a drastic narrowing of the angle. It looks like it zooms in 30%.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Another win! The Galaxy S4 can record slow motion!!! I did not know that man I cant wait!!

I'm impressed with the SG4 video quality no doubt, but I fail to see why any phone needs to record slow mo video. Can't you just play anything back in slow mo already? I just wish SG4 had the option to add all these effects after the shot like the HTC one. Ugh, decisions decisions.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm impressed with the SG4 video quality no doubt, but I fail to see why any phone needs to record slow mo video. Can't you just play anything back in slow mo already? I just wish SG4 had the option to add all these effects after the shot like the HTC one. Ugh, decisions decisions.

It has the option to do those after the shot with the video editor. You can most likely download video editing apps that can do so as well

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
It has the option to do those after the shot with the video editor. You can most likely download video editing apps that can do so as well

So your telling me that I can do the drama shots, the eraser all and so on after I take the picture with the SG4? I am assuming it would have to be video though, or does it have a special mode you use? Everything I have seen so far makes it seem that you must choose the type of picture before you take the shot.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So your telling me that I can do the drama shots, the eraser all and so on after I take the picture with the SG4? I am assuming it would have to be video though, or does it have a special mode you use? Everything I have seen so far makes it seem that you must choose the type of picture before you take the shot.

Yeah, the modes are to make it easier for the user to do it automatically (which I think is better), but if you wanted to do the long way, you certainly can I know its possible
There is a separate video editor app, which may allow you to do some of those things
Some things may only be possible while taking the shot, because after you take the shot, the multiple photos are only stored in memory for so long, otherwise I'd assume it take up more memory and space saving each photo manually, then later on editing it (which is my assumption as what would happen)

There is a Photoshop app which may be able to do some of those things

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the modes are to make it easier for the user to do it automatically (which I think is better), but if you wanted to do the long way, you certainly can I know its possible
There is a separate video editor app, which may allow you to do some of those things
Some things may only be possible while taking the shot, because after you take the shot, the multiple photos are only stored in memory for so long, otherwise I'd assume it take up more memory and space saving each photo manually, then later on editing it (which is my assumption as what would happen)

cool, thanks, I look forward to trying this out whenever I get my phone, i'm hoping to find one in store on 5/1.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site

Actually, turns out you must select the mode before taking the shot, kind of a bummer as you have to know what type of shot you want to take beforehand. I found this video about the features and how they work.
How to take a Drama Shot and Erase unwanted objects with the Samsung Galaxy S 4 camera | TalkAndroid.com

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech