Samsung Galaxy S4 Review

Seems like they just put together a review just to say they had the first review of the S4 on the internet. Not very thorough in explaining much of anything at all, and their complaints about lowering the brightness in the dark is well, silly. But hey, it's something.
    03-23-2013 12:42 PM
    This is my favorite photo from the review. Really shows how they squeezed that awesome 5" screen in the same size frame as the S3. Loving the thin bezel!

alhc78 likes this.
    03-23-2013 12:52 PM
    Anyone worried that the screen and senors are too close to the edge for cases to properly protect the edges?

Did not mention wireless charging. Was hoping that it would be standard and not need a special pad or back which needs to be bought separately. The comments in the article debate the S4, HTC One and Xperia Z. I am not currently in the market for a new phone but of all three I think the S4 comes closest to what I would want.
    03-23-2013 01:02 PM
    It's a great looking screen, what with it being pushed almost to the sides of the phone, but I have a job that requires the use of a case. That's the only worry I have, there may be a bit less side protection. That said, can't wait for this thing to drop, I really want one.

*Edit*

Plano, you beat me to it while I was typing, nicely played!
    03-23-2013 01:08 PM
    Not very thorough in explaining much of anything at all, and their complaints about lowering the brightness in the dark is well, silly. But hey, it's something.
    Outside with the phone:
    "The screen is too dim!"

Inside at night:
    "The screen is too bright!"

Adapt Display set to Professional Photo (Adobe RGB):
    "The screen is too oversaturated!"

Adapt Display set to Movie (sRGB):
    "The screen is not saturated enough!"

1080p, 440ppi screen:
    "The screen is far too sharp for anyone to notice, why bother!"

PenTile:
    "The screen is not sharp at all and grainy, I can tell by the pixels and from seeing quite a few displays in my time!"
    03-23-2013 01:19 PM
    I'm glad this review contained more than one benchmark test. I'm not saying that the S4 can't perform, but at this moment in technology, the S4 actually has unneeded speed. Meaning that Samsung has gone overkill in this particular field. There's a picture circulating around in the net showing how the S4 "crushes" the competition but it's only one picture of one benchmark test.This picture, along with the corresponding article titles seem a little biased to me because they basically hone the S4. As we all know,or should know,one single benchmark source doesn't determine the overall performance of a phone.
    03-24-2013 08:52 PM
    Ugh mediocre call quality. The exact reason I ditched my previous Samsung phones
    FaisDogg likes this.
    03-24-2013 11:19 PM
    Man like seriously whoever doesnt think this is a great phone needs a smackin...I mean honestly the camera features alone is already a win for me
    crester, satannik and Premium1 like this.
    03-24-2013 11:44 PM
    Outside with the phone:
    "The screen is too dim!"

Inside at night:
    "The screen is too bright!"

Adapt Display set to Professional Photo (Adobe RGB):
    "The screen is too oversaturated!"

Adapt Display set to Movie (sRGB):
    "The screen is not saturated enough!"

1080p, 440ppi screen:
    "The screen is far too sharp for anyone to notice, why bother!"

PenTile:
    "The screen is not sharp at all and grainy, I can tell by the pixels and from seeing quite a few displays in my time!"
    How long have you had the S4 now?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    CampCash likes this.
    03-24-2013 11:52 PM
    It would have been nice if Samsung had improved the camera only making pictures bigger doesn't mean improved performance, haven't seen any good reviews, most editors are saying low light performance is not good. Build quality is poor for a phone at this price point, will have to see in person, but it definitely seems better that that of SGS3.
    03-25-2013 02:58 AM
    These guys clearly should have spent more time with the phone before posting this review. It's the equivalent of being one of those guys you see that always posts "FIRST!" in a discussion or on an article.
    03-25-2013 09:26 AM
    These guys clearly should have spent more time with the phone before posting this review. It's the equivalent of being one of those guys you see that always posts "FIRST!" in a discussion or on an article.
    "First" is foremost to tech bloggers. "Right" comes in a distant second.
    03-25-2013 09:44 AM
    Video of their review:

Since the phone isn't coming out for about another month or so, I'm going to hope that the lag shown is a pre-production unit.
    03-25-2013 10:13 AM
    "First" is foremost to tech bloggers. "Right" comes in a distant second.
    Certainly seems like it.
    03-25-2013 10:15 AM
    Video of their review:

Since the phone isn't coming out for about another month or so, I'm going to hope that the lag shown is a pre-production unit.
    They are working on incorporatrating tw into 4.2.2 so I'm sure they are working out the bugs

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    03-25-2013 12:33 PM
    Phil has said a few times that the ones that people have / have seen are pre-production in which the software wasn't finished.
    Premium1 likes this.
    03-25-2013 12:33 PM
    I tend not to take first reviewers as credible. Usually, the reviews are way biased and are not as thorthorough as you may want.
    03-25-2013 05:57 PM
    In that review video, he slides out a sidebar from the home screen at around 1:20 mark. Is that most recently used apps or is that like a quick launch bar where you can put whatever apps you want in there?

I am coming from Galaxy SII with ICS, so...
    03-25-2013 07:48 PM
    I tend not to take first reviewers as credible. Usually, the reviews are way biased and are not as thorthorough as you may want.
    Just half-***'ed in general. They care more about being first than making a good quality review.
    03-25-2013 07:50 PM
    Anyone worried that the screen and senors are too close to the edge for cases to properly protect the edges?

Did not mention wireless charging. Was hoping that it would be standard and not need a special pad or back which needs to be bought separately. The comments in the article debate the S4, HTC One and Xperia Z. I am not currently in the market for a new phone but of all three I think the S4 comes closest to what I would want.
    I dont think that will be an issue. I mean look at the droid razr m with it's edge to edge and cases still work fine

- - - Updated - - -

I think what I am liking most about this phone is the nearly edge to edge display that they squeezed in there.
    03-25-2013 07:52 PM
    It would have been nice if Samsung had improved the camera only making pictures bigger doesn't mean improved performance, haven't seen any good reviews, most editors are saying low light performance is not good. Build quality is poor for a phone at this price point, will have to see in person, but it definitely seems better that that of SGS3.
    Everyone who used it said build quality makes it feel better than the s3, and most are saying the camera is pretty good( except as you said in low light)
    03-25-2013 07:55 PM
    In that review video, he slides out a sidebar from the home screen at around 1:20 mark. Is that most recently used apps or is that like a quick launch bar where you can put whatever apps you want in there?

I am coming from Galaxy SII with ICS, so...
    I think that's for multi window
    Riboflavin likes this.
    03-25-2013 07:57 PM
    Phil has said a few times that the ones that people have / have seen are pre-production in which the software wasn't finished.
    Thought so. Thanks.
    03-25-2013 08:20 PM