View Poll Results: Which phone will you be getting next?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samsung Galaxy S4

82 52.56%
  • HTC One

39 25.00%
  • Sony Xperia Z

2 1.28%
  • iPhone 5S/6

6 3.85%
  • None/Other

27 17.31%
03-30-2013 03:08 PM
74 123
tools
    I think it's safe that we can infer based on the last two nexus devices that it'll be better than all spring/summer releases and it'll be quickly beaten the following spring by HTC and Sammy.
    Trends have been broken before.
    03-25-2013 07:26 PM
    With the explosion in pre paid, no contract plans, the Nexus will only get more popular. Look at the Nexus 4...who would have thought it would sell this much? $350 and unlocked is a big deal. If they continue to do that the Nexus is a contender in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    pontiac005, Aquila and scorpiodsu like this.
    03-25-2013 07:32 PM
    How can you not include the BlackBerry Z10 on there?!!!
    androidluvr2 likes this.
    03-26-2013 06:15 PM
    How can you not include the BlackBerry Z10 on there?!!!
    Because we're on an Android site.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    03-26-2013 07:21 PM
    I will be putting my WP7.8 Samsung Focus S away as a backup to go for the S4. I am a big time fan of WP8, but I hate being constrained by Microsoft. No file browsing/editing, hardware locked from Devs, etc... Its almost as bad as Apple and the iphone... So alas I will be selling my Nexus 7 most likely, as I wont need 2 Android devices, for the S4.
    I'm doing pretty much the same thing. Ditching my focus s for the s4 for pretty much the same reasons. I've realized over the past couple of years that I really miss android devices.
    03-26-2013 07:48 PM
    Oh MAN I hate these questions. First I'm a Samsung fanboy. But HTC has put out a phone that is probably the best looking thing I've seen. I am going to assume that performance is going to be about the same since they are pretty close in specs. And while I like the feel of Samsungs, what HTC has done, well, the last time I saw a phone I liked as much just based on looks was when Apple turned loose the iPhone4. This one is even better. So now my only option is to raffle off the kids and by them both.
    If iPhone 5S has the NFC finger print security, I'm sold!
    03-26-2013 08:09 PM
    The S4 is the best overall phone of the pack
    Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One: Army of two - GSMArena.com
    03-26-2013 11:27 PM
    GS4. it will be my first android phone. It's time iPhone got surpassed.
    03-29-2013 11:09 AM
    Ill probably get the s4 for better support since most likely the one on Verizon will be washed down in some way since Verizon will prob droid brand it
    To my knowledge Verizon has never Droid branded any of the Samsung phones. They started with Motorola and have done some HTC phones, but not Samsung.
    03-29-2013 11:15 AM
    GNote3, Motorola X or the next Nexus that comes to Verizon.
    03-29-2013 11:18 AM
    Because we're on an Android site.
    What's the explanation for not including the GNote3, Motorola X and the next Nexus? And why include the iPhone then?
    03-29-2013 11:20 AM
    With the explosion in pre paid, no contract plans, the Nexus will only get more popular. Look at the Nexus 4...who would have thought it would sell this much? $350 and unlocked is a big deal. If they continue to do that the Nexus is a contender in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    This is exactly what I just did. I dropped my Verizon service along with the S3 and got a Nexus 4 on a $30 t-mobile prepaid. I'm pretty happy right now with this decision. I don't know what my next device is but at least I won't be confined to whatever Verizon decides to carry and can get nearly every phone that will be available. Of course, I'll be paying full price but I'm already use to sell-the-current-device-to-buy-the-ew device cycle. Won't be any different. Except this time it'll be easier to sell since my phone will now be unlocked. I'm sure I'll probably pick up the One, iPhone and maybe something else but I think I'm definitely getting the next Nexus device. My flies with AOKP and trinity Kernel. And battery life is sick. There's nothing I did with my S3 that I can't do with this phone.
    03-29-2013 11:36 AM
    The S4 is the best overall phone of the pack
    Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One: Army of two - GSMArena.com
    "Best" is always subjective.
    03-29-2013 11:40 AM
    To my knowledge Verizon has never Droid branded any of the Samsung phones. They started with Motorola and have done some HTC phones, but not Samsung.
    I think they were saying that Verizon was going to brand any HTC device that comes there, not Samsung. And the Droid Charge was a Samsung device branded under the droid line.
    03-29-2013 11:42 AM
    I think they were saying that Verizon was going to brand any HTC device that comes there, not Samsung. And the Droid Charge was a Samsung device branded under the droid line.
    I did not know the Charge was a Samsung device... but you really should read what I quoted.. there was no mention of HTC, except by me.
    03-29-2013 12:19 PM
    I did not know the Charge was a Samsung device... but you really should read what I quoted.. there was no mention of HTC, except by me.
    Ill probably get the s4 for better support since most likely the one on Verizon will be washed down in some way since Verizon will prob droid brand it
    I think you should read what you quoted. I believe the highlighted part is referring to the HTC One. I don't think they're saying the SG4 on VZW. They're talking about the HTC one because Verizon jacks up HTC devices each year.
    03-29-2013 12:36 PM
    Verizon SG4 at least 32 Gb and possibly 64 Gb if the price isn't too bad. I might wait a few months for a price drop. My only other choice would be the HTC One but there are two .. make that THREE things against it in my mind. No battery replacement. No SD card. And now Ifixit.com has rated the HTC One:

HTC One Repairability Score: One out of 10 (10 is easiest to repair)

Very, very difficult (possibly impossible?) to open the device without damaging the rear case. This makes every component extremely difficult to replace.

The battery is buried beneath the motherboard and adhered to the midframe, hindering its replacement.

The display assembly cannot be replaced without removing the rear casethis will make the most common repair, a damaged screen, nearly impossible.

Copper shielding on many components is difficult to remove and replace.

Solid external construction improves durability.

So HTC One buyers had better buy insurance and purchase a protective case ... which covers up most of that beautiful aluminum case ... ugh.
    03-29-2013 01:05 PM
    My local Verizon has the Z10. *THAT* might be next
    03-29-2013 06:07 PM
    Same here Z10 and give my S3 to my son
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    03-29-2013 06:17 PM
    So HTC One buyers had better buy insurance and purchase a protective case ... which covers up most of that beautiful aluminum case ... ugh.
    Insurance is good enough. They give you back a factory refurbished one before you even ship yours out.
    03-29-2013 06:39 PM
    I guess I'm probably in the none/other party. I have a Note 2 and although I like the big screen, more times than not I still find myself wanting something smaller. I've considered both the One and S4 at some point, but since I'm currently under contract if I had to pay full price for one it'd probably be the S4. The One has a great design but I probably wouldn't use not one of it's 3 main features. I can't even remember the last time I've listened to music or watched video without a pair of headphones, I have Blinkfeed in the form of Flipboard on my phone right now that I never use, haven't ever even opened the app as a matter of fact. And I'm not really the in the Instagram/Facebook crowd so to speak so Zoe isn't a killer feature for me. Although being able to make a digital photo album and remove people or objects in a photo is pretty damn cool. I'm not to particular about a phone design as long as it doesn't look like I'm holding a literal piece of fecal matter in my hand. The S4 just has loads of features and I feel like just from the number of them that I'd be bound to use a feature or two eventually, even if some are considered somewhat gimmicky. Plus with the octa core version it appears you may get around the same battery life as in the Note 2.

That said I'm not too particularly thrilled with either phone so I dunno. Maybe I'll stand pat for now wait to see what Google or one of the upcoming Blackberry phones has to offer. Hopefully something catches my eye while I can get good value for my phone before the Note 3 comes out.
    03-29-2013 06:53 PM
    The Nexus 5, X Phone and GN3 are all rumors with not substance to back them up yet. The Nexus 5 and GN3 are Q4 phones and maybe the X Phone is Q3 phone launch so until we get real info you can only work on what is known today.

I chose the GS4, but for me its going to depend more on what Verizon offers on their GS4, and if its not enough I have to look at taking my primary phone line to AT&T and leaving my data devices on Verizon and then consider the HTC One but that isn't such a great option given HTC's record for screwing their install base over and Sense 5 looks like a 1st grader did it.
    03-30-2013 02:51 PM
    Note 3!!

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums
    03-30-2013 02:53 PM
    The Nexus 5, X Phone and GN3 are all rumors with not substance to back them up yet. The Nexus 5 and GN3 are Q4 phones and maybe the X Phone is Q3 phone launch so until we get real info you can only work on what is known today.

I chose the GS4, but for me its going to depend more on what Verizon offers on their GS4, and if its not enough I have to look at taking my primary phone line to AT&T and leaving my data devices on Verizon and then consider the HTC One but that isn't such a great option given HTC's record for screwing their install base over and Sense 5 looks like a 1st grader did it.
    The N5 and GN3 are both in the, "we'd be super surprised to not see a release this year" category, 99.9% sure those two are real. Being fall devices, we can also be sure both will blow away the spring devices from this year and will be beaten by next year's spring devices. That's how this cycle works.

The X phone is allegedly being announced during Q2 within 60 days of the availability of the One, so waiting to see it in the mix is definitely worth it; especially since HTC is again not releasing evenly across carriers. Since it requires 36-40% of American's to switch phone carriers to use the One, I would take it out of serious contention for most in that market. That leaves the S4, or 3 other devices of which 2/3 will be available within 6 months and the 3rd should be announced within 2 months and available within 4 months of S4 availability. Of course the Nexus likely has that same issue of the One, over a 3rd of American's can't use it without switching carriers.

For users outside of the US the choices are much more interesting (all 5 devices, + Padphone, etc, etc). That's the primary reason for holding out to see the Nexus and X Phone. As both of these are likely to be released carrier free at huge discounts compared to Samsung and HTC devices, while being superior devices, it helps us break up the hold that carriers use to dictate these ridiculous restrictions on who can use which devices and how they are able to use them.

Both of the last two Nexus devices were superior to everything else that existed at the time of their release. The GNex held on for over 6 months without being beaten and the N4 only had the Note 3 to compete with (a very close race) until the One and S4 releases, 7 months later. Because we don't get other devices that hold on undisputed for that long, to me it's always worth seeing what Google brings prior to compromising with 3rd party stuff.
    03-30-2013 03:08 PM
74 123