Which Phone Will you Be Getting? (POLL)

Which phone will you be getting next?

• Total voters

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh MAN I hate these questions. First I'm a Samsung fanboy. But HTC has put out a phone that is probably the best looking thing I've seen. I am going to assume that performance is going to be about the same since they are pretty close in specs. And while I like the feel of Samsungs, what HTC has done, well, the last time I saw a phone I liked as much just based on looks was when Apple turned loose the iPhone4. This one is even better. So now my only option is to raffle off the kids and by them both.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The One is beautiful but it is fragile. Aluminum is soft and so is plastic, neither will hold up well to drops. In that case, what ever phone I get will have a case on it to protect it. Since I'll be placing a case on the device I practically eliminate the Aluminum vs. Plastic from my decision and judge the phone based on what I see. The interface and added features and battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I will be putting my WP7.8 Samsung Focus S away as a backup to go for the S4. I am a big time fan of WP8, but I hate being constrained by Microsoft. No file browsing/editing, hardware locked from Devs, etc... Its almost as bad as Apple and the iphone... So alas I will be selling my Nexus 7 most likely, as I wont need 2 Android devices, for the S4.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Going to try and hold out for the Note 3. Great choices including the Blackberry Z10 which I saw yesterday. I am putting 600 away in my sock drawer in case I can't hold out and need to pick one of these up with no commitment. Any word on when the S4 might hit?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I will be putting my WP7.8 Samsung Focus S away as a backup to go for the S4. I am a big time fan of WP8, but I hate being constrained by Microsoft. No file browsing/editing, hardware locked from Devs, etc... Its almost as bad as Apple and the iphone... So alas I will be selling my Nexus 7 most likely, as I wont need 2 Android devices, for the S4.

I recommend selling your Nexus 7 ASAP...the value will only go down faster after Google IO.

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy S4. BlackBerry Z10 did not do enough to interest me.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy S4. BlackBerry Z10 did not do enough to interest me.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Agreed that it may not be enough to get android users back but it is a good start. They need to get their app world and maps up to speed quickly to start.

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Going to try and hold out for the Note 3. Great choices including the Blackberry Z10 which I saw yesterday. I am putting 600 away in my sock drawer in case I can't hold out and need to pick one of these up with no commitment. Any word on when the S4 might hit?

April 26th is the date floating around atm for US carriers, specifically ATT. Nothing official though.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Although I've been heavily critical of the S4, I think I'm leaning towards it at this point:

-Bigger screen (4.99" vs 4.7" for my EVO and the One)
-AMOLED seems to be improved over previous iterations
-Camera seems to be better in most situations from what little comparison we've seen
-It's something different. I've had the original EVO, then the 3D, then the LTE
-The form factor and finish are growing on me (reminds me of my old holographic pokemon cards... O:) )

I'm waiting till both phones come out and in depth comparisons can be done. I did not have this luxury last year, although I don't regret going with my EVO LTE over the GSIII one bit. If the camera and battery life come through, then it'll be my next phone. I really do want something different.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Ill probably get the s4 for better support since most likely the one on Verizon will be washed down in some way since Verizon will prob droid brand it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude