Which Phone Will you Be Getting? (POLL)

Which phone will you be getting next?

• Total voters

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I wont be wasting anymore money on phones. Once my contract ends im going wireless. Anti social and all.

Rooted: Tmo GS3: PacMan ROM : 4.2.2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Very important to add Note 3, Nexus 5 and X Phone. All 3 are superior to each of the choices offered in my opinion, and like 3 of the 4, they're also not out yet :)

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Nexus phones are awesome. Fast OS updates are amazing but I'm sort of getting sick of it. The battery sucks and the camera is crap swell. This has been common to all the nexus devices released to date. I get updates quickly with my galaxy nexus but the last 3 updates have destroyed my experience. Battery life went from mediocre on ICS to complete and utter crap on JB, my WiFi hotspot is broken since 4.1.2 and the device has lags and stutters which weren't present 4.1.1 but are on 4.2.2. Sure I got the update quick but at what cost. I'm tempted to try something new like the S4/note3. If I'm feeling resent about updates, I'll just get the successor to the nexus 10 and replace my Xoom.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Nexus phones are awesome. Fast OS updates are amazing but I'm sort of getting sick of it. The battery sucks and the camera is crap swell. This has been common to all the nexus devices released to date. I get updates quickly with my galaxy nexus but the last 3 updates have destroyed my experience. Battery life went from mediocre on ICS to complete and utter crap on JB, my WiFi hotspot is broken since 4.1.2 and the device has lags and stutters which weren't present 4.1.1 but are on 4.2.2. Sure I got the update quick but at what cost. I'm tempted to try something new like the S4/note3. If I'm feeling resent about updates, I'll just get the successor to the nexus 10 and replace my Xoom.

Is it awesome or plagued with issues?

The Nexus 4 camera is OK but not up to my note 2. The battery is on par with my S3 especially after the 4.2.2 update. I have had none of the issues you speak of on my nexus 4. While it will not be cutting edge when this new round of phones hit, it is still a very competent device.

When you factor in the price of $350 unlocked to carrier AND getting key lime pie in May or June, it is a Great device! I may or may not pick up one of the new devices but hope to always have a Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

The Nexus 4 camera is OK but not up to my note 2. The battery is on par with my S3 especially after the 4.2.2 update. I have had none of the issues you speak of on my nexus 4. While it will not be cutting edge when this new round of phones hit, it is still a very competent device.

When you factor in the price of $350 unlocked to carrier AND getting key lime pie in May or June, it is a Great device! I may or may not pick up one of the new devices but hope to always have a Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Pokes comment about amazing cameras coming from Google...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus 4

My Galaxy nexus was awesome on ICS, but now mostly because of software I'm beginning to hate the device, its almost as if the software updates are rushed out and the bug fix is sent to you 3 months later.
The battery is just stupid, I browse forums and watch the percentage drop like a rock. A phone camera is only as good as the person using it, in great lighting I have been able to capture some decent photos, but dim the lights or use the flash and the whole image is ruined and doesn't look remotely realistic. There's a reason why all the images posted in the "Post Your Best Picture Taken" threads are shot outside in sunlight where a 8 year old Nokia could produce good pictures.

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk HD

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus 4

The only really good thing about Nexus phones is the fast updates...i used to have the Nexus (Not the latest LG one but the previous one), and the camera quality was not great, and it wasn't all that fast. No MicroSD card killed me too. Maybe the LG one is better but I feel like the Galaxy series are better

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The only really good thing about Nexus phones is the fast updates...i used to have the Nexus (Not the latest LG one but the previous one), and the camera quality was not great, and it wasn't all that fast. No MicroSD card killed me too. Maybe the LG one is better but I feel like the Galaxy series are better

I have only had nexus android phones, and am accustomed to fast updates except on my tablet which is still on 4.0.4 but it doesn't bother me. Do you miss the quick updates from your previous nexus device?

Mrlovkim

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Since i got this phone just after Christmas I will be waiting for the Samsung Note 3. I love this phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have only had nexus android phones, and am accustomed to fast updates except on my tablet which is still on 4.0.4 but it doesn't bother me. Do you miss the quick updates from your previous nexus device?

Well it was definitely a good thing for me because I am not really a patient person... But I wouldn't jump off a bridge over it

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
You posted a poll under Samsung phones section, mostly people that visit this section have/like Samsung. So how credible is your poll data going to be...lol Just Saying :)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My Galaxy nexus was awesome on ICS, but now mostly because of software I'm beginning to hate the device, its almost as if the software updates are rushed out and the bug fix is sent to you 3 months later.
The battery is just stupid, I browse forums and watch the percentage drop like a rock. A phone camera is only as good as the person using it, in great lighting I have been able to capture some decent photos, but dim the lights or use the flash and the whole image is ruined and doesn't look remotely realistic. There's a reason why all the images posted in the "Post Your Best Picture Taken" threads are shot outside in sunlight where a 8 year old Nokia could produce good pictures.

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk HD

Hmm my GNex is running the best it ever has. I'm on Project Elite's 4.2.2 build from February. My wife is still on a CM 10.1 4.2.2 build from February. My battery life is way better than hers, so it may be software or kernel, but to be honest I haven't played with her settings much because she's a battery swapper anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

You posted a poll under Samsung phones section, mostly people that visit this section have/like Samsung. So how credible is your poll data going to be...lol Just Saying :)

He put an identical one in the HTC One forum and HTC is winning there. I'm really surprised that "Other" isn't winning on both.

ThisTechBoi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
S4's got four times more vote than HTC One...
If you put the same poll in the HTC forum, it'd be vise versa...

I told you! On the HTC forum, the HTC One has nearly four times more votes than the Samsung! You owe me a backrub!

As for me, I voted Samsung. HTC's speakers don't make a difference to me because I don't listen to music, and there is a Samsung loyalty going on in my family^.^
My monitor, TV, my brothers S3... and now my father and I will be getting the S4 :)

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
After seeing the price of the Sony it will probably get negative sales...760 for the LTE version? They are nuts.

Fast updates and vanilla android and no carrier bloat are the reasons to get a Nexus. It is worth it to me to have a nexus in the line up just for that reason. I do think Samsung phones are coming out remarkably bug free at least my S3 did and my Note 2 is just superb! The bloat gets so old though...I think I took 14 to 16 apps off my Note 2. ATT is just getting out of control on the bloatware. I wish Sammy would pull some clout and have att cut it back...but then again Sammy loads it up too.

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
You MUST include the Nexus 5! I wonder if there is a better place to post this where we may be able to eliminate some bias. I voted for other, since you didn't include the Nexus 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21