12-07-2013 10:18 AM
508 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Thoughts on if this clip would work with the linked case? Seidio specifically states its made for a naked phone, but I'm wondering if the Ultra Fit is small enough to fit in the corner holders. If Amazon itself had it in stock, I'd just buy it myself to try it out. But their ship time is 2-4 weeks and I'd rather not go through SGP directly in case I have to return it.

SEIDIO | Spring-Clip Holster for Samsung GALAXY S4

Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy S4 Case Slim [Ultra Fit] [Smooth Black] Premium SM Coated Matte Hard Case for Galaxy S IV Galaxy SIV i9500 - ECO-Friendly Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories
    05-10-2013 05:24 PM
    Same here I like the feel but I want to "customize" mine a bit. The easiest way to do that would be a case but the phone is big enough as is, I'm probably going to buy this or a replacement back cover to keep the same dimensions.
    That's why I don't use a case, because not only do I like the feel of the phone naked - the S3 or S4 is already kind of big for my hands and I don't need it any larger - so if you want a little protection to the camera lens or back of your phone while keeping the phone size down, this might work for you - it is a little kickstand that I made and and protects your camera lens, back of your phone, and is an adjustable kickstand - nothing more. If you need more information I can give you a link via PM as this is a "case thread", so moderator, delete these links if this breaks any rules.

See this:
    http://www.remotesystems.com/images/ks4u-gs3aw.jpg
    http://www.remotesystems.com/images/ks4u-gs3bw.jpg
    05-10-2013 05:49 PM
    So, the Galaxy S4 Case Neo Hybrid case will Not work with Samsung Dock?

Are there any Spigen cases which will work with the dock?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    Sucks that the Neo Hybrid or the Slim Armor won't work. =\

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    05-11-2013 06:52 AM
    **** it. Broke down and bought the Dante Red Neo Hybrid, whether it works with the dock or not. It just looks awesome and is what I'm looking for. Pics to come when it arrives on Thursday.

05-11-2013 08:08 AM
    Don't buy the Incase Slider.

I liked them back when I had an iPhone so I thought it would be a good safe choice for the S4. Instead, the case left two pretty deep scratches on the back of my phone, and its going back to best buy tomorrow.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    05-12-2013 02:13 AM
    I like the new Spiegn S-View type pouch they have and it does have a whole for the microphone so you don't have to tak it out, has the button indent for waking the device and will put it to sleep and work like the S-View. Question is will it work with a Glas.tR
    05-12-2013 09:52 AM
    I like the new Spiegn S-View type pouch they have and it does have a whole for the microphone so you don't have to tak it out, has the button indent for waking the device and will put it to sleep and work like the S-View. Question is will it work with a Glas.tR
    I got that case and I have to say that it is not very practical.getting the phone out of it is far too difficult and I feel that I almost drop the phone every time I pull it out.
    Wilbur likes this.
    05-13-2013 05:01 AM
    That's gorgeous! I was looking if there were alternatives to the viewing window! Thanks!

If anyone knows of others please feel free to tell me.

Edit: Has anyone tried the yesoo ones?
    05-13-2013 03:15 PM
    Bought the Adreama slim fit case. It cracked less than 7 days in just from taking it off and putting it back on (and I'd only done that about 5 times total). No dropping of the phone was involved, nothing... the case just cracked on its own. Utter crap. It was $25 too. Getting my money back tomorrow (bought it from Futureshop).
    No Worry and roberts68 like this.
    05-13-2013 05:12 PM
    That's gorgeous! I was looking if there were alternatives to the viewing window! Thanks!

If anyone knows of others please feel free to tell me.

Edit: Has anyone tried the yesoo ones?
    I'm not sure I am a big fan of the "smart cover" type cases... Look like they would be somewhat of a pain. Anybody get tired of having the front flap?
    05-13-2013 05:39 PM
    Any good cases with holsters?
    I am new here just got my 32 gb Saturday and picked up the platinum series case with holster at Best Buy. So far so good.
    05-13-2013 07:44 PM
    I just ordered the Otterbox Commuter case, not sure its the right choice as I have always felt OB cases made the phone chunky. I want solid protection but don't want a fat phone. I was going to order the Spigen Slim Armor but I wasn't sure if you could use their Glas.tR with it or not, read that others have used that with OB cases. Spigen really needs to point out on their sites which cases will or won't work with their Glas.t(R) products so we know.
    05-13-2013 07:52 PM
    Got a Samsung flip case at best buy today. Haven't decided how I feel about it yet. It just makes using the phone more awkward, at least until I'm used to it.

Only thing making me want to keep it is that the guy at best buy was nice enough to discount it to $29.99 (to match the price of the Incase slider), so I got it for $10 cheaper.

05-13-2013 11:49 PM
    Hmmm, tempting price, but ships direct from China. Might not be genuine Spigen product?
    I really like the $10.89 price for the Neo Hybrid case but since the product still has the Spigen name and is shipped from China, it makes me a bit wary, looks like a counterfeit, albeit a good one.

Does anyone have any experience with this dx-box.com site? There aren't any reviews for any of the Neo Hybrids yet, probably because the shipping takes so long and they're so new. Just wondering if it's worth the extra $20 to buy directly from Spigen, or is this a good way to save $20. Last thing I wanna do is wait 2+ weeks to receive a product that doesn't fit or line up perfectly with the S4.
    05-14-2013 02:47 PM
    If there's any doubt just contact spigen and ask if their legit. My guess would be no.
    05-14-2013 04:55 PM
    Might not be too far fetched that they could be true Spigen cases.

Since the cases are imported from Korea, they could have a license to manufacture.

United Sgp Corp - Importer Profile | Import Genius
    bam001 likes this.
    05-14-2013 05:39 PM
    Might not be too far fetched that they could be true Spigen cases.

Since the cases are imported from Korea, they could have a license to manufacture.

United Sgp Corp - Importer Profile | Import Genius
    They're aren't. Spigen does not license their products or name to anyone.

05-14-2013 06:15 PM
    Just got my Neo Hybrid in Dante Red... Going to throw it on and post pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases/Covers Thread-20130514_200549_richtone-hdr-.jpg  
    05-14-2013 07:07 PM
    Dear God... this case is gorgeous. Yes, it does add some bulk as far as width of the phone, but nothing that makes it feel like I have to stretch my thumb across the screen. Overall, this is my second Spigen case for this phone and I'm extremely impressed with their craftsmanship that goes into their products. Only downside for me is the case renders my Samsung Genuine dock completely useless, but the case isn't that hard to slip on/off so if I really want to use it I can remove the case.

EDIT: Sorry for the crap pictures. My iPad Mini takes a great picture, but the ambient lighting in my place is horrible.
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases/Covers Thread-2013-05-14-20.13.43.jpg   Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases/Covers Thread-2013-05-14-20.14.01.jpg   Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases/Covers Thread-2013-05-14-20.14.36.jpg  
    05-14-2013 07:20 PM
    That's the reason I sold my red one.

The dock was more important to me.

Is a nice case though.

John
    05-14-2013 07:30 PM
    that is super sexy statusnone! the red is REALLY growing on me.
    Statusnone likes this.
    05-14-2013 08:38 PM
    that is super sexy statusnone! the red is REALLY growing on me.
    Thanks Jess. This was my face after putting in on (true story)Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases/Covers Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368583457.288705.jpg

jreed2560, xoxojess and skiner5246 like this.
    05-14-2013 09:04 PM
    I am new here just got my 32 gb Saturday and picked up the platinum series case with holster at Best Buy. So far so good.
    Considered one of those but no kickstand, right? I need the kickstand. Ended up getting this case/holster combo: Amazon.com: Aduro Shell Holster Combo Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 with Kick-Stand & Belt Clip (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular & Sprint): Cell Phones & Accessories Phone took a spill face down onto the sidewalk not 30 min after putting this case on and the case took the abuse with my phone face unscathed.
    Wilbur likes this.
    05-14-2013 09:34 PM
    I got the Neo Hybrid in red the other day and have been using it for a few days before I figured I'd give feedback. First... it looks phenomenal, especially in red. Can't say enough about the looks of it. The feel is nice, enough grip to avoid always feeling like it's going to slip out of my hands, but hardly adds much bulk to it.

The downside is the power button... it is WAYYY too sensitive. I can press an inch below where the power button is and it will trigger the button. The first day I put it on, my phone rebooted on me twice. I thought the phone was acting up until I realized barely touching the side was triggering the power button and then I'd accidentally press the restart icon. I honestly wonder if I got a defective case as I can't believe I haven't seen another mention of it. I'll be reading an email or webpage or whatever and I'll accidentally turn the screen off just by re-adjusting the phone in my hand. I've taken it off a few times and put it back on in case it wasn't quite sitting on the phone correctly, but same results. The volume button works fine - sensitive enough, but I never accidentally change the volume settings.

So... despite the great looks and feel of it, the power button sensitivity made me ditch the case and has me on a search for a new case.
    05-14-2013 11:30 PM
    The Neo Hybrid does look nice, but from the pictures, it doesn't appear to give much protection to the camera lens on the back (i.e. the lens appears to be almost flush with the back of the case). It's hard to tell from the pictures though. Can someone who has/had one please comment on this aspect? Thanks.

I also wish they offered something with a matte finish instead of the smooth glossy stuff.
    05-15-2013 12:22 AM
508 ... 910111213 ...