12-07-2013 10:18 AM
508 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    This might fit the bill for what you're looking for. I love mine.

[Black] [Samsung Galaxy S4 IV S IV i9500] Rearth Ringke Fusion Premium Hybrid Hard Case, i9500 2013 Model (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon) ECO Package
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BSG8KKC/...cUvbUpU2793907

Posted via Android Central App
    I ordered this, I'll have it on Tuesday. I'll report back.

05-18-2013 10:51 PM
    I ordered this, I'll have it on Tuesday. I'll report back.

Please do. It's a great price and I'm curious to know how much bulk it adds and if that clear back shows fingerprints easily or not. Thanks.
    05-18-2013 11:14 PM
    Please do. It's a great price and I'm curious to know how much bulk it adds and if that clear back shows fingerprints easily or not. Thanks.
    I love mine. Had this case for my Nexus 4 as well. Doesn't show much fingerprints. It is rather slim and offers decent drop protection. The only issue is keeping dirt out of it. As it is clear it's easy to see dirt and dust that builds up in it. I'll take a picture of it later today if I get a chance.

05-19-2013 08:03 AM
    I love mine. Had this case for my Nexus 4 as well. Doesn't show much fingerprints. It is rather slim and offers decent drop protection. The only issue is keeping dirt out of it. As it is clear it's easy to see dirt and dust that builds up in it. I'll take a picture of it later today if I get a chance.

Thanks brother, it would be greatly appreciated.
    05-19-2013 08:32 AM
    We'll I must have done something right today, because my new Spigen Slim Armor case just arrived!! I got the white one to go with my white S4 and so far, I like it. Case fits like a glove and the oversize volume rocker, and power buttons are great. Nice and responsive with a tactile feel.I was worried as I was initially concerned if the back was rounded "Ala like the HTC One", but it's completely flat. The TPU rubber on the top and bottom is very dense and does not add any bulk at all. Case extends about a millimeter or two over the entire top so you can place it screen-side down with no worries. I don't use a screen protector but it comes with one, a cleaning cloth / LCD cleaner, a squeegee applicator, and 3 Jelly-Bean home buttons.The only thing I wish it had was some kind of texture on the sides, as I can see it could get slippery in the hands. But it's a high-gloss, almost automotive type finish that looks great and will slip in and out of my back pocket no problem. All ports are easily accessible and overall, Very high quality. Please excuse the crappy pics as I was taking them with my iPod one-handed. If anyone's on the fence on this case, I'd recommend going for it, as it's very nice.
    -cheers
    skiner5246, have you had any issue with the color fading? I was reading this review on Amazon and it indicated there was color wear after just 5 days.
    05-20-2013 01:28 AM
    Also have this case in matt black, fitment is perfect and quality of the cases is superb.

Wilbur and slpaige like this.
    05-20-2013 03:41 AM
    Finally went with the Cygnett workmate, a good compromise between safety and size. And yes, I liked their video of them dropping it 6 feet onto cement from a cherry picker.

At one point I contemplated not getting a case this time. But really....the S4 is TOO thin and slippery; this "design advantage" to me is counterproductive in build. I'm constantly sliding it around and turning it around with one hand, pulling it in and out of my pocket countless times a day. I just KNOW at some point it will slip and drop or get tossed across the room accidentally.

BTW, researching cases was harder than researching the phone. There is a wealth of interesting stuff. I'm still wondering if I should've gotten a kickstand model. But I can usually find a way to prop the phone as it is so small and light. At some point, gotta pull the trigger.
    05-20-2013 06:03 AM
    Got the black Otterbox defender on my GS4 and man does it add bulk to the phone. I read in another post people asking if the holster acted as a kickstand and yes it does. I am not 100% happy with the screen cover, it takes away from the S4 gorgeous screen. I am also getting that weird oily look discoloration under the screen cover, I have tried the baby powder trick on my iPhone and I'm gonna live with it for now on the S4. I may end up removing the screen cover plastic in the long run, I did this on my iPhone and I liked it better this way. I tend to drop the phone once in a while and wanted a tough case. I had one on my iPhone 4s for years and the phone is in great shape still, I'm expecting the same protection for the S4. I will also be getting a slim case for those times when I need a smaller profile phone.
    05-20-2013 08:17 AM
    I contacted Spigen about this and they said they were not gonna do it until there was a big demand for it...I canceled my order when they told me that
    I wonder how Spigen is monitoring & determining a big demand? Do they expect everybody interested to send them emails or phone them?

Their web site has this graphic (above) suggesting we'll be able to mix-n-match different frames. Do they really expect people to shell out $30 for a different colored frame?? Crazy...
    05-20-2013 10:11 AM
    I wonder how Spigen is monitoring & determining a big demand? Do they expect everybody interested to send them emails or phone them?

https://spigen.com/media/wysiwyg/Fea...able-frame.png

Their web site has this graphic (above) suggesting we'll be able to mix-n-match different frames. Do they really expect people to shell out $30 for a different colored frame?? Crazy...
    Exactly, that was the main reasons I ordered in the first place was for the mix n match. They might as well remove that picture from their site if they are not gonna supply it
    Well at least they gave me a gift card for my cancellation lol
    05-20-2013 10:11 AM
    Also have this case in matt black, fitment is perfect and quality of the cases is superb.

Got that one myself. Tested it in the Samsung Multimedia dock and it works great.

Nice grip and feel to the case.

John
    barryl85 likes this.
    05-20-2013 10:12 AM
    Just bought this back battery replacement cover in black fiber.

Cant go wrong for $10.00.

Back Battery Case Protective Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 I9505 LTE New | eBay

John
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases/Covers Thread-black-fiber.jpg  
    Wilbur likes this.
    05-20-2013 10:27 AM
    Got that one myself. Tested it in the Samsung Multimedia dock and it works great.

Nice grip and feel to the case.

John
    Yeah it fits in my Belkin charging dock which is good and I wanted to buy this as the matt black one has barely any grip at all and almost dropped my phone a few times, the gloss orange is really surprisingly grippy !
    05-20-2013 10:38 AM
    I haven't gotten my phone yet (stupid Verizon) but have been researching which case I want to get. My prerequisites were it needed to be tough, have a built in piece to cover the screen and I would prefer one with a kickstand. From what I could find Otterbox Defender, Trident Kraken and Ballistic SG Maxx were my primary choices. After seeing a the videos of Trident falling apart during drops repeatedly that one got knocked off and I had an Otterbox with my older phone so decided to try the Ballistic this go around, no kickstand for me .

But I wanted to share with others who might be wanting the same case, use code MAXX to save 15% at the Ballistic website Called up cause I couldn't get their MOM20 code to work after mothers day (thought it'd be a whole monthly offer) and asked if she had one that worked, glad she was able to share, gotta love the savings!
    05-20-2013 10:49 AM
    Thanks brother, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Pics as promised.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Wilbur likes this.
    05-20-2013 01:09 PM
    Exactly, that was the main reasons I ordered in the first place was for the mix n match. They might as well remove that picture from their site if they are not gonna supply it
    Well at least they gave me a gift card for my cancellation lol
    Hmmmm I remember seeing on eBay that someone was selling just the frame in different colors for $10. But i cant seem to find it now.

EDIT: OK never mind it was for the stupid crapple phone 4s!! Sorry
    05-20-2013 01:26 PM
    My friend's yellow-framed Neo Hybrid arrived a few days ago, saw it today. It looks sweeeeet, especially the back!
    05-20-2013 01:38 PM
    Looks great man, thanks again! Great buy for 13 bucks on Amazon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
    clintw22 likes this.
    05-20-2013 01:52 PM
    i really like the Spgen Neo Hybrid but i would LOVE it if the back was a see-through clear material so i can see the nice Back of the GS4
    Wondering if this one might be a good option for you? The Ultra Thin Air Transparency version:

Samsung Galaxy S4 Case Ultra Thin Air | SPIGEN SGP
    05-20-2013 02:23 PM
    Looks great man, thanks again! Great buy for 13 bucks on Amazon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
    No prob. Fit and finish is great and I like the feel and look of it a lot. It does get dirt in it from time to time when carried in the pocket but what case doesn't? I agree for the cost it is a great buy. Only thing I don't like is the white buttons. I'm gonna try to black them out somehow when I get a chance.

05-20-2013 03:12 PM
    I am kind of interested in the Trident case. Anybody have one of these before? I have one on my old Droid 3 and liked it, but unsure about the feel of them for the S4.
    05-20-2013 04:07 PM
    guys can someone tell me what this cases is called? i cant find it anywhere on amazan and ebay uk. Help plz
    05-21-2013 01:17 AM
    I'm not sure I am a big fan of the "smart cover" type cases... Look like they would be somewhat of a pain. Anybody get tired of having the front flap?
    Nope I love the flip part. I hate screen protectors since it messes with the touch smoothness, so this is perfect to protect it while in the pocket. Also, it prevents the screen from getting all nasty from facial oil

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure I am a big fan of the "smart cover" type cases... Look like they would be somewhat of a pain. Anybody get tired of having the front flap?
    Nope I love the flip part. I hate screen protectors since it messes with the touch smoothness, so this is perfect to protect it while in the pocket. Also, it prevents the screen from getting all nasty from facial oil
    05-21-2013 01:28 AM
    guys can someone tell me what this cases is called? i cant find it anywhere on amazan and ebay uk. Help plz
    Dreamliner330 linked the identical case in the thread you made.
    05-21-2013 01:56 AM
    Its called ringke fusion on ebay usa

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    05-21-2013 02:00 AM
508 ... 1112131415 ...