Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases/Covers Thread

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I love mine. Had this case for my Nexus 4 as well. Doesn't show much fingerprints. It is rather slim and offers decent drop protection. The only issue is keeping dirt out of it. As it is clear it's easy to see dirt and dust that builds up in it. I'll take a picture of it later today if I get a chance.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks brother, it would be greatly appreciated.

brpost

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
We'll I must have done something right today, because my new Spigen Slim Armor case just arrived!! I got the white one to go with my white S4 and so far, I like it. Case fits like a glove and the oversize volume rocker, and power buttons are great. Nice and responsive with a tactile feel.I was worried as I was initially concerned if the back was rounded "Ala like the HTC One", but it's completely flat. The TPU rubber on the top and bottom is very dense and does not add any bulk at all. Case extends about a millimeter or two over the entire top so you can place it screen-side down with no worries. I don't use a screen protector but it comes with one, a cleaning cloth / LCD cleaner, a squeegee applicator, and 3 Jelly-Bean home buttons.The only thing I wish it had was some kind of texture on the sides, as I can see it could get slippery in the hands. But it's a high-gloss, almost automotive type finish that looks great and will slip in and out of my back pocket no problem. All ports are easily accessible and overall, Very high quality. Please excuse the crappy pics as I was taking them with my iPod one-handed. If anyone's on the fence on this case, I'd recommend going for it, as it's very nice.
-cheers

skiner5246, have you had any issue with the color fading? I was reading this review on Amazon and it indicated there was color wear after just 5 days.

barryl85

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Also have this case in matt black, fitment is perfect and quality of the cases is superb.

8757366010_b7fbb87666_c.jpg

8756233557_30f8f22bb3_c.jpg

8756232461_698ecae011_c.jpg

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Finally went with the Cygnett workmate, a good compromise between safety and size. And yes, I liked their video of them dropping it 6 feet onto cement from a cherry picker.

At one point I contemplated not getting a case this time. But really....the S4 is TOO thin and slippery; this "design advantage" to me is counterproductive in build. I'm constantly sliding it around and turning it around with one hand, pulling it in and out of my pocket countless times a day. I just KNOW at some point it will slip and drop or get tossed across the room accidentally.

BTW, researching cases was harder than researching the phone. There is a wealth of interesting stuff. I'm still wondering if I should've gotten a kickstand model. But I can usually find a way to prop the phone as it is so small and light. At some point, gotta pull the trigger.

Last edited:

seaham358

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Got the black Otterbox defender on my GS4 and man does it add bulk to the phone. I read in another post people asking if the holster acted as a kickstand and yes it does. I am not 100% happy with the screen cover, it takes away from the S4 gorgeous screen. I am also getting that weird oily look discoloration under the screen cover, I have tried the baby powder trick on my iPhone and I'm gonna live with it for now on the S4. I may end up removing the screen cover plastic in the long run, I did this on my iPhone and I liked it better this way. I tend to drop the phone once in a while and wanted a tough case. I had one on my iPhone 4s for years and the phone is in great shape still, I'm expecting the same protection for the S4. I will also be getting a slim case for those times when I need a smaller profile phone.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I contacted Spigen about this and they said they were not gonna do it until there was a big demand for it...I canceled my order when they told me that

I wonder how Spigen is monitoring & determining a big demand? Do they expect everybody interested to send them emails or phone them?

Customizable-frame.png

Their web site has this graphic (above) suggesting we'll be able to mix-n-match different frames. Do they really expect people to shell out $30 for a different colored frame?? Crazy...

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how Spigen is monitoring & determining a big demand? Do they expect everybody interested to send them emails or phone them?

https://spigen.com/media/wysiwyg/FeatureIcon/Customizable-frame.png

Their web site has this graphic (above) suggesting we'll be able to mix-n-match different frames. Do they really expect people to shell out $30 for a different colored frame?? Crazy...

Exactly, that was the main reasons I ordered in the first place was for the mix n match. They might as well remove that picture from their site if they are not gonna supply it
Well at least they gave me a gift card for my cancellation lol

barryl85

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Got that one myself. Tested it in the Samsung Multimedia dock and it works great.

Nice grip and feel to the case.

John

Yeah it fits in my Belkin charging dock which is good and I wanted to buy this as the matt black one has barely any grip at all and almost dropped my phone a few times, the gloss orange is really surprisingly grippy !

Ellusionz

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I haven't gotten my phone yet (stupid Verizon) but have been researching which case I want to get. My prerequisites were it needed to be tough, have a built in piece to cover the screen and I would prefer one with a kickstand. From what I could find Otterbox Defender, Trident Kraken and Ballistic SG Maxx were my primary choices. After seeing a the videos of Trident falling apart during drops repeatedly that one got knocked off and I had an Otterbox with my older phone so decided to try the Ballistic this go around, no kickstand for me :(.

But I wanted to share with others who might be wanting the same case, use code MAXX to save 15% at the Ballistic website :) Called up cause I couldn't get their MOM20 code to work after mothers day (thought it'd be a whole monthly offer) and asked if she had one that worked, glad she was able to share, gotta love the savings!

Last edited:

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Exactly, that was the main reasons I ordered in the first place was for the mix n match. They might as well remove that picture from their site if they are not gonna supply it
Well at least they gave me a gift card for my cancellation lol

Hmmmm I remember seeing on eBay that someone was selling just the frame in different colors for $10. But i cant seem to find it now. :(

EDIT: OK never mind it was for the stupid crapple phone 4s!! Sorry

Last edited:

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Looks great man, thanks again! Great buy for 13 bucks on Amazon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

No prob. Fit and finish is great and I like the feel and look of it a lot. It does get dirt in it from time to time when carried in the pocket but what case doesn't? I agree for the cost it is a great buy. Only thing I don't like is the white buttons. I'm gonna try to black them out somehow when I get a chance.

Posted via Android Central App

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure I am a big fan of the "smart cover" type cases... Look like they would be somewhat of a pain. Anybody get tired of having the front flap?
Nope I love the flip part. I hate screen protectors since it messes with the touch smoothness, so this is perfect to protect it while in the pocket. Also, it prevents the screen from getting all nasty from facial oil

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure I am a big fan of the "smart cover" type cases... Look like they would be somewhat of a pain. Anybody get tired of having the front flap?
Nope I love the flip part. I hate screen protectors since it messes with the touch smoothness, so this is perfect to protect it while in the pocket. Also, it prevents the screen from getting all nasty from facial oil