12-07-2013 10:18 AM
508 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Just received this cover today.

Fresh from Hong Kong.

Got it on eBay for $10.49 shipped.
    Back Battery Case Protective Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 I9505 LTE New | eBay

This is a battery replacement cover and not a case.
    If you're looking to keep the same thin feel, take a look at this one.

Fits every bit as good as the Samsung back cover.
    Nice feel to it.

John
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases/Covers Thread-s4-carbon-look-battery-cover.jpg  
    JawjaBill likes this.
    05-28-2013 02:53 PM
    My Spigen Neohybrid just went in the drawer. The Galaxy S 4 Protective Cover + just came in and it is so much nicer. Much more compact, makes the buttons feel just right. The cut outs for the power and headphone jacks allow for just about anything. Samsung made just the right amount of tackiness which makes this case feel great in my hand. Another great thing that Samsung did was to really protect the camera lens with this case and raise the speaker opening. Much narrower and thinner than the Spigen with a perfect tight fit. This case should be able to take a drop without a problem. Great job Samsung, you nailed it with this case. This case feels perfect in every way.
    Seems like a nice case. I haven't heard much talk about it around here.
    05-28-2013 03:17 PM
    Just received this cover today.

Fresh from Hong Kong.

Got it on eBay for $10.49 shipped.
    Back Battery Case Protective Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 I9505 LTE New | eBay

This is a battery replacement cover and not a case.
    If you're looking to keep the same thin feel, take a look at this one.

Fits every bit as good as the Samsung back cover.
    Nice feel to it.

John
    Is it textured or smooth and just looks textured? I am looking for a replacement that is textured like the Galaxy S II had
    05-28-2013 03:31 PM
    Slight texture feel to it.

I'm loving it.

John
    Riboflavin likes this.
    05-28-2013 04:06 PM
    I just picked up my phone at the store today and on my way home got the ballistic case in my mailbox! Perfect timing ) All the pieces fit on nice and snug.
    Could you post some pics of the Ballistic case and your opinion of it?
    05-28-2013 04:07 PM
    For those curious, this is the seller that I bought that back cover from. Don't be thrown off by the blurring; it matches what I have. Samsung probably told them not to show it with the Galaxy name since it isn't a Samsung part.

For $8 I cannot recommend it enough.

Gray Brushed Metal Battery Back Cover Housing for Samsung Galaxy s IV S4 I9500 W | eBay
    05-28-2013 04:48 PM
    Just bought an acase from amazon for $13. I have one on my HTC and it's near perfect. It doesn't have covers for the 3.5mm or usb ports, but the hard shell isn't slippery like on the commuter.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    kirkhere likes this.
    05-28-2013 10:11 PM
    Not sure if someone else posted this, but I figured I'd post it to let you all see it. The case is pretty cool and if you were on the side of the fence of thinking the S4 lacked build quality, this case should be perfect for you.Casefanatic Kommandant Ultra Thin Aluminium Metal case for Galaxy S4

Here is a review of similar case for Nexus 4 and S3

05-28-2013 11:06 PM
    Just received this BoxWave BodySuit TPU case from Amazon:
    Amazon.com: BoxWave Samsung Galaxy S4 (S IV, SIV) BodySuit - Premium Galaxy S4 TPU Rubber Gel Skin Case and Cover, Textured for No-Slip Grip (Jet Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Pretty decent case for $3. Fits the phone well, lightweight, adds very little bulk, nice lip around the front to protect the screen, adds some grip. My only complaint is that I wish it had a raised lip around the camera. As it is, it does keep the camera lens from touching when laying on a flat surface, but only barely.

Edit to add: Another minor issue - the power and volume buttons are a little hard to locate by feel. Would have been nice if the bumps were a little bigger. On the bright side, the button action still has a decent feel through the case.
    05-29-2013 01:50 AM
    I have my GS4 since the launch, naked.

I received this week Spigen Neohybrid + Glas.tr.

I have to say that I miss the sleek look and feel of the GS4...and might return to no protection. I will just put extra caution.

Even if those case and screen protections are supposely slim.... i completely loss the great feeling of the device on hand.

My 2cents
    Yeah, they look great thin, but really...they're too thin. There is no "sticky" to them, either. It might help a bit just if the back had some sticky properties. (There are people who sell sticky grips you can paste on, but it sure doesn't look good....) When I pick them up off of a table, they are so thin, they're actually kinda hard to grab. There's hardly anything to hold onto. I often wind up sliding them to the edge if I have both hands free. When I am maneuvering them in and out of my pants pocket with one hand, they seem slippery, a high risk for being dropped or accidentally tossed. And if dropped, there is pretty much no protection at all. Eventually, there's gotta be a bad end to that and at $629 per item, I have to have some sticky and some protection. IMHO, it's just mandatory, no matter what else is lost.

Spigen makes gorgeous cases, but Seidio and the Active case have my business again.
    I was looking at some before going with the Cygnett Workmate, but I have to say--there was an over the top Youtube review that just really, really turned me off, with the guy talking about how wonderful even the packaging and logo was! I mean, it's a routine package and a routine logo and who cares anyway....But the "advertisement," intentional or otherwise, seemed over the top. As an objective, critical review, it didn't leave me with the feeling that there was much objectivity. Yeah, I know, irrational to blame Spigen if he has no connection with them, but still.... There are lots of choices. The Cygnett video of people dropping it from 6 feet onto cement/concrete, now that had a point, even if the shipping is from the UK.
    roberts68 likes this.
    05-29-2013 06:16 AM
    Is there a Dock that works with the Spigen Neo Hybrid case?
    05-29-2013 08:40 AM
    When I briefly had my GN2, I had the OBDefender case. Very stout, but very bulky. I found the power button difficult to press and doing so caused the case to flex and creak. While I thought the built-in screen protector was well done, I didn't like the double touch feeling it imparted when using the touch screen. I moved to the Seidio Active case and really liked that.

But I found the GN2 too large for my daily driver and traded it for a GS4-16. When the GS4-32 came out, I swapped out the 16 for the 32. I used a Speck Candy Shell case that the store had and more or less like it. I find the back too slippery for my tastes and find it difficult to pick up when lying face down on a hard surface. But it protects the phone very well.

I also tried the minisuit bumper case but found that too minimilastic for me. I tried the minisuit Kinnect case and like it too. I really like the translucent back which allowed the logo to show. The Speck case has great button feel and activation. The Kinnect case takes slightly more effort.
    The minisuit cases were only $5 recently with Prime, but I see their prices have gone up, at least for the bumper case.
    Amazon.com: MiniSuit Bumper Slim-Fit Case + Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
    Amazon.com: MiniSuit Samsung Galaxy S4 Kinnect Rubber Trim Case + Screen Protector (Frost/Gray): Cell Phones & Accessories

However, I'm moving back to the Seidio Active case for the GS4. I really wanted the Active case without the kickstand, but they don't make it... yet. My wife has that case on her iP5 and it's very nice. I use an oversized holster for the GS4 which allows the GS4 and case to fit.
    V078 Large Oversize Samsung Galaxy S4 Vertical Phone Case Pouch Rotating Clip | eBay
    05-29-2013 08:45 AM
    heres my uag for my s4

05-29-2013 08:47 AM
    I like really thin cases and I've been using this one and like it a lot: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU2820970

It fits really snugly on the phone and has just a slight lip so that if the phone falls face down the screen won't touch the ground. The material feels pretty nice in my hand as well.
    05-29-2013 09:04 AM
    When you get it, will you let me know if the sides protect the face of the phone?
    05-29-2013 12:50 PM
    Just got the sview case and it's going back. Like others have said the stupid thing doesn't sit flat. It sits open 1/4" to 1/3" which is just stupid.

Ordered an Elago breathe soft feeling case in red. Had one of these on my S3 and loved it. It does not provide the level of protection of other cases but it is just what I wanted. Slim case that is not bulky and adds a little grip while looking cool.

Amazon.com: elago Galaxy S4 Case G7 Breathe - Eco Friendly Retail Packaging - Made in Korea (Soft Feeling Red): Cell Phones & Accessories
    When you get the case, can you let me know if the sides protect the face of the phone.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-29-2013 01:02 PM
    05-30-2013 10:37 PM
    I just got this today. Ordered it when I had my S4, from the seller linked to elsewhere in this thread. I'm VERY impressed with it. Very solid feeling, the metal is actually metal (not plastic like some of the others), and the little touches like the bright chrome edge around the camera make it seem like a Samsung part. Plus, it was only $12 with shipping direct from China.

If you were considering buying one, do it. Definitely worth the money and should make the GS4 feel as good on the outside as it is high-po on the inside.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Can you please post the link where you purchased this case? Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    LoveMyPhone likes this.
    05-30-2013 10:50 PM
    I received my White UAG case in the mail today. GREAT CASE!!! Very impressed with it.
    05-31-2013 02:34 AM
    The slim case corner edges just don't look like they would offer much drop protection,
    Isn't that the purpose for the case?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    05-31-2013 05:28 AM
    Has anybody checked out the Iron Man case? I would only buy this case because it looks cool. The LED lights at the back of the case lights up when in the dark. Iron Man case Amazon link.
    05-31-2013 08:39 AM
    Just came across this on Amazon. S-View case for only $10 bucks with free shipping!

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S4 S-View Flip Cover Folio Case (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

EDIT: Also the regular flip cover is the same price.

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S4 Flip Cover Folio Case (Light Blue): Cell Phones & Accessories
    dacbeth likes this.
    05-31-2013 11:00 AM
    Not a case, but my aluminum backing finally came in the mail! I got it off off of ebay, shipped from Hong Kong with free shipping. $7. It also comes with a handy little tool that you can rub off any smudges or finger prints off of it!
    That's not for removing smudges, it's a mini stylus!
    06-01-2013 02:47 AM
    That's not for removing smudges, it's a mini stylus!
    lmaoo! you're right! aha. i didn't think i would get a mini stylus with what the price i paid for. well it also works really well for removing smudges from the phone.
    06-02-2013 01:55 AM
    Just came across this on Amazon. S-View case for only $10 bucks with free shipping!

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S4 S-View Flip Cover Folio Case (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

EDIT: Also the regular flip cover is the same price.

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S4 Flip Cover Folio Case (Light Blue): Cell Phones & Accessories
    What the...

How is this possible? I'm so skeptical of this, but I don't want to be, lol. Has anyone actually ordered from these people and gotten a genuine Samsung S View cover? Thanks for the link, though

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    mballs4life likes this.
    06-02-2013 08:50 AM
508 ... 1415161718 ...