Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases/Covers Thread

Solariis

May 8, 2013
Visit site
It takes way longer than 2 weeks.
I'm on 3 weeks and counting with no communication.
About ready to order from spigen and cancel/dispute the dxbox since there is no communication.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

That's unfortunate to hear >.> Pretty much the reason I was hesitant to even move forward with the purchase. Since posting this a while back, I've done some research on dx-box and found that others have complained of the same issues with lack of communication and shipping taking ridiculously long.

I will definitely not be ordering from them.

jhawks3

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Believe it or not, the Active from Seidio feels much more comfortable in hand then the Neo Hybrid did. It's hard to explain. I think it might of been the square feeling it gave the phone on top of the girth. On a plus note, the Seidio Active does fit in the Samsung universal dock. It's a tight fit because the lip on the screen sticks out so much with the active, but it does dock properly nonetheless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

I've been very interested in the Spigen, maybe I'll check out this Seidio too. Thanks!

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Anybody use a bumper case on this phone or any other? Thinking about getting a bumper case instead of a full case for the phone. Just like the idea of it.

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I actually like the textured back of my Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch. Anyone know of a place that makes/sells different battery cover replacements in different styles?

Ellusionz

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up my phone at the store today and on my way home got the ballistic case in my mailbox! Perfect timing :)) All the pieces fit on nice and snug.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with Element Case - iPhone Case and iPad Accessories with the S3 or iPhone? I'd really like to see them come out with a Sector 5 case for the S4. but the Eclipse or Atom case are nice too.

Atom Case for S3:
http://elementcase.com/v/vspfiles/t...Atom/Atom_SamsungS3_productpage-sliced_12.jpg

Eclipse Case for S3:
http://elementcase.com/v/vspfiles/t...clipseS3/Eclipse_SamsungS3_productpage_15.jpg
http://elementcase.com/v/vspfiles/t...clipseS3/Eclipse_SamsungS3_productpage_13.jpg

I find it funny that Element Case is coming out with something now, when I had asked them about it and they would only say they can't comment on future products. I get that, but either you are or you aren't planning on it. It shouldn't have been a stretch for them since the S3 to S4 design was not much of a difference.

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with Element Case - iPhone Case and iPad Accessories with the S3 or iPhone? I'd really like to see them come out with a Sector 5 case for the S4. but the Eclipse or Atom case are nice too.

I also sent their rep a message before the S$ was released telling them to get off their butts and start working on a case for the GS4. They waited 6-8 months to produce something for the GS3 after it was released. The original Atom was junk as the phone reportedly would just pop out and they had to redesign. I bought the Eclipse case and loved it mainly because it ported the speaker to the front while increasing the sound quality. The kickstand was made of tissue paper. They are proud of their products as the Eclipse has an MSRP of $65. I sold it for $50 when I got my S4 so I am only a $15 fool.

Here are pics of the Eclipse on my GS3 with the Xgear tempered glass screen protector:

23823407749406423413.jpg

88921889071582525537.jpg

They have something in the works but are only 10 million units behind this time:

84107575992159126411.jpg

Last edited:

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm returning my dual pro shine case. It won't let me use a Touchstone inductive charger of which I have two. So i got this Belkin Surround bumper case with an open back. Keeps the screen and camera from touching the table and let's me charge wirelessly with a 30 inductive film that fits right under the stock door. It also is compatible with the iVisorXT screen protector I have on. Next step, but the film and a spare battery with standalone charger!

5eguqymu.jpg

5agy6ene.jpg

sure4yny.jpg

5ahynery.jpg

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

tarball

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I have my GS4 since the launch, naked.

I received this week Spigen Neohybrid + Glas.tr.

I have to say that I miss the sleek look and feel of the GS4...and might return to no protection. I will just put extra caution.

Even if those case and screen protections are supposely slim.... i completely loss the great feeling of the device on hand.

My 2cents :)

So... I ended up by installing the screen protector + case... since I got them... i will give it a try for few days...

If I really can't live with it... i'll remove it once for all.

Valkaneer

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I would like to see a cover that works like a calculator cover. Ya know so you could pop it off the front and put it on the back. That way I could have a hard cover on the front that would fit in my pocket much easier than a otter box. All they would need to do is figure a good way to deal with the camera. I would buy a case like that in a second so long as I could pop it on the back and sill take pics. The S Cover is a PITA when you want to take a pic. Shooting threw plastic that is EZ to scratch and scuff is not cool. So you always have to deal with a floppy cover blowing in the wind and your left looking less than normal taking a pic that is very awkward to handle.

jaxterzz

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Not a case, but my aluminum backing finally came in the mail! I got it off off of ebay, shipped from Hong Kong with free shipping. $7. It also comes with a handy little tool that you can rub off any smudges or finger prints off of it!

Attachments

• IMG_1160.jpg
    IMG_1160.jpg
    609.6 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1161.jpg
    IMG_1161.jpg
    453.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1162.jpg
    IMG_1162.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1163.jpg
    IMG_1163.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1164.jpg
    IMG_1164.jpg
    435 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1165.jpg
    IMG_1165.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1167.jpg
    IMG_1167.jpg
    559.9 KB · Views: 116

torch29

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Not a case, but my aluminum backing finally came in the mail! I got it off off of ebay, shipped from Hong Kong with free shipping. $7. It also comes with a handy little tool that you can rub off any smudges or finger prints off of it!

It looks awesome. I had the same thing for the s3. The issue was the it messes up the reception.

Is the reception doing better on the s4?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jaxterzz

May 3, 2013
Visit site
It looks awesome. I had the same thing for the s3. The issue was the it messes up the reception.

Is the reception doing better on the s4?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I haven't had any issues with reception. It's been the same with the stock back cover. I'm planning to get some others later on in different colors!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Android Central Forums