Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases/Covers Thread

Khalsa4G

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
While browsing for some potential new covers for the yet-to-be-released S4, I thought that maybe we can share cases that we find that we might use for the S4, instead of having loads of tiny threads here and there.

Let me start off with this:

Spigen's Galaxy S4 Case Slim Armor

http://lghttp.16708.nexcesscdn.net/...b8d27136e95/g/a/galaxy_s4_slim_armor_main.jpg

In Particular;
http://lghttp.16708.nexcesscdn.net/...g/a/galaxy_s4_slim_armor_infinity_white01.jpg

Link: Galaxy S4 case Slim Armor | SPIGEN SGP

And also, the Otterbox series; Samsung Galaxy S4 cases | OtterBox

Getting the slim armor in black today...well update with screen shots!

Swyped via my Samsung GALAXY S4 using Android Central Forums

rober7o

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I use (put it on my wife's phone) to have those and like one of the users above said, I also didn't like the feel of the side pieces as it felt a little rough to me - what I ended up doing is pulling the side pieces off while leaving the back on - it still felt rough, but not as bad and you get use to it. My wife of course could've cared less, but she is really rough on her phones - my phones that are 1 year old look better than her one month of use - she is the terminator!

I'm looking to get a black mist s4 and putting the white carbon fibre case, since it makes it look like it has black accents on back and not putting the side pieces on at all, did it hold up well to your wife's abuse?

Posted via Android Central App

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking to get a black mist s4 and putting the white carbon fibre case, since it makes it look like it has black accents on back and not putting the side pieces on at all, did it hold up well to your wife's abuse?

Posted via Android Central App

It lasted about six months on her phone - the corners lifted a little because she dropped it on a 2 corners and the other two corners she scraped it somehow and it started to curl up - I ended up pulling it all off and just let her basically wreck the back. Even though it is just a phone, I like to keep it clean. I mean her car looks like the inside of her purse - yikes, while my car is nice and clean. I doubt you would have any problems like her - she is truly a terminator of "most" things. The only thing she has been pretty good with is a kickstand that I designed, she has only broken two or should I say one and half prototypes - as the last one still works but has a broken pin, so I have not replaced it yet until she totally breaks it. The thing is, she really "uses her stuff hard" - but on the other side of the coin, she is one of the best beta testers! :D

rober7o

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
It lasted about six months on her phone - the corners lifted a little because she dropped it on a 2 corners and the other two corners she scraped it somehow and it started to curl up - I ended up pulling it all off and just let her basically wreck the back. Even though it is just a phone, I like to keep it clean. I mean her car looks like the inside of her purse - yikes, while my car is nice and clean. I doubt you would have any problems like her - she is truly a terminator of "most" things. The only thing she has been pretty good with is a kickstand that I designed, she has only broken two or should I say one and half prototypes - as the last one still works but has a broken pin, so I have not replaced it yet until she totally breaks it. The thing is, she really "uses her stuff hard" - but on the other side of the coin, she is one of the best beta testers! :D

That sounds pretty convincing to me, this other guy mentioned his lasted 2 years before it started to peel at the corners, I wont even have this phone for 2 years and because I'm pretty careful with my phone I'm pretty sure this will hold up. Thanks for all the feedback and I'll try not to give it to my terminator girlfriend.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
That sounds pretty convincing to me, this other guy mentioned his lasted 2 years before it started to peel at the corners, I wont even have this phone for 2 years and because I'm pretty careful with my phone I'm pretty sure this will hold up. Thanks for all the feedback and I'll try not to give it to my terminator girlfriend.

LOL, if your girlfriend's car looks like here purse, beware, there is a terminator lurking! I won't even go into my wife's purse when she asks me to - I just bring it to her and she can get what she needs. What is so funny, is that she can actually find the things she needs fairly quickly.

With that being said, I run my phone naked cause I like the way it feels, and the amount of damage that I have done to any of my phones is very little if at all. The bummer is by the time I upgrade from my pristine "old" phone that hardly looks used, it still worth next to nothing. :(

rober7o

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
LOL, if your girlfriend's car looks like here purse, beware, there is a terminator lurking! I won't even go into my wife's purse when she asks me to - I just bring it to her and she can get what she needs. What is so funny, is that she can actually find the things she needs fairly quickly.

With that being said, I run my phone naked cause I like the way it feels, and the amount of damage that I have done to any of my phones is very little if at all. The bummer is by the time I upgrade from my pristine "old" phone that hardly looks used, it still worth next to nothing. :(

Same here I like the feel but I want to "customize" mine a bit. The easiest way to do that would be a case but the phone is big enough as is, I'm probably going to buy this or a replacement back cover to keep the same dimensions.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Thoughts on if this clip would work with the linked case? Seidio specifically states its made for a naked phone, but I'm wondering if the Ultra Fit is small enough to fit in the corner holders. If Amazon itself had it in stock, I'd just buy it myself to try it out. But their ship time is 2-4 weeks and I'd rather not go through SGP directly in case I have to return it.

SEIDIO | Spring-Clip Holster for Samsung GALAXY S4

Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy S4 Case Slim [Ultra Fit] [Smooth Black] Premium SM Coated Matte Hard Case for Galaxy S IV Galaxy SIV i9500 - ECO-Friendly Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Same here I like the feel but I want to "customize" mine a bit. The easiest way to do that would be a case but the phone is big enough as is, I'm probably going to buy this or a replacement back cover to keep the same dimensions.

That's why I don't use a case, because not only do I like the feel of the phone naked - the S3 or S4 is already kind of big for my hands and I don't need it any larger - so if you want a little protection to the camera lens or back of your phone while keeping the phone size down, this might work for you - it is a little kickstand that I made and and protects your camera lens, back of your phone, and is an adjustable kickstand - nothing more. If you need more information I can give you a link via PM as this is a "case thread", so moderator, delete these links if this breaks any rules.

See this:
http://www.remotesystems.com/images/ks4u-gs3aw.jpg
http://www.remotesystems.com/images/ks4u-gs3bw.jpg

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
So, the Galaxy S4 Case Neo Hybrid case will Not work with Samsung Dock?

Are there any Spigen cases which will work with the dock?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

Sucks that the Neo Hybrid or the Slim Armor won't work. =\

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
**** it. Broke down and bought the Dante Red Neo Hybrid, whether it works with the dock or not. It just looks awesome and is what I'm looking for. Pics to come when it arrives on Thursday.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Don't buy the Incase Slider.

I liked them back when I had an iPhone so I thought it would be a good safe choice for the S4. Instead, the case left two pretty deep scratches on the back of my phone, and its going back to best buy tomorrow.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I like the new Spiegn S-View type pouch they have and it does have a whole for the microphone so you don't have to tak it out, has the button indent for waking the device and will put it to sleep and work like the S-View. Question is will it work with a Glas.tR

zaki67

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I like the new Spiegn S-View type pouch they have and it does have a whole for the microphone so you don't have to tak it out, has the button indent for waking the device and will put it to sleep and work like the S-View. Question is will it work with a Glas.tR
I got that case and I have to say that it is not very practical.getting the phone out of it is far too difficult and I feel that I almost drop the phone every time I pull it out.

PaulWog

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Bought the Adreama slim fit case. It cracked less than 7 days in just from taking it off and putting it back on (and I'd only done that about 5 times total). No dropping of the phone was involved, nothing... the case just cracked on its own. Utter crap. It was $25 too. Getting my money back tomorrow (bought it from Futureshop).

jhawks3

May 3, 2013
Visit site
That's gorgeous! I was looking if there were alternatives to the viewing window! Thanks! :D

If anyone knows of others please feel free to tell me. :)

Edit: Has anyone tried the yesoo ones?

I'm not sure I am a big fan of the "smart cover" type cases... Look like they would be somewhat of a pain. Anybody get tired of having the front flap?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered the Otterbox Commuter case, not sure its the right choice as I have always felt OB cases made the phone chunky. I want solid protection but don't want a fat phone. I was going to order the Spigen Slim Armor but I wasn't sure if you could use their Glas.tR with it or not, read that others have used that with OB cases. Spigen really needs to point out on their sites which cases will or won't work with their Glas.t(R) products so we know.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Got a Samsung flip case at best buy today. Haven't decided how I feel about it yet. It just makes using the phone more awkward, at least until I'm used to it.

Only thing making me want to keep it is that the guy at best buy was nice enough to discount it to $29.99 (to match the price of the Incase slider), so I got it for $10 cheaper.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad