Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases/Covers Thread

Solariis

May 8, 2013
Visit site

Hmmm, tempting price, but ships direct from China. Might not be genuine Spigen product?

I really like the $10.89 price for the Neo Hybrid case but since the product still has the Spigen name and is shipped from China, it makes me a bit wary, looks like a counterfeit, albeit a good one.

Does anyone have any experience with this dx-box.com site? There aren't any reviews for any of the Neo Hybrids yet, probably because the shipping takes so long and they're so new. Just wondering if it's worth the extra $20 to buy directly from Spigen, or is this a good way to save $20. Last thing I wanna do is wait 2+ weeks to receive a product that doesn't fit or line up perfectly with the S4.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Neo Hybrid in Dante Red... Going to throw it on and post pics.

Attachments

• 20130514_200549_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20130514_200549_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 127

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Dear God... this case is gorgeous. Yes, it does add some bulk as far as width of the phone, but nothing that makes it feel like I have to stretch my thumb across the screen. Overall, this is my second Spigen case for this phone and I'm extremely impressed with their craftsmanship that goes into their products. Only downside for me is the case renders my Samsung Genuine dock completely useless, but the case isn't that hard to slip on/off so if I really want to use it I can remove the case.

EDIT: Sorry for the crap pictures. My iPad Mini takes a great picture, but the ambient lighting in my place is horrible.

Attachments

• 2013-05-14 20.13.43.jpg
    2013-05-14 20.13.43.jpg
    811.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 2013-05-14 20.14.01.jpg
    2013-05-14 20.14.01.jpg
    902.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 2013-05-14 20.14.36.jpg
    2013-05-14 20.14.36.jpg
    626.5 KB · Views: 152

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am new here just got my 32 gb Saturday and picked up the platinum series case with holster at Best Buy. So far so good.

Considered one of those but no kickstand, right? I need the kickstand. Ended up getting this case/holster combo: Amazon.com: Aduro Shell Holster Combo Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 with Kick-Stand & Belt Clip (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular & Sprint): Cell Phones & Accessories Phone took a spill face down onto the sidewalk not 30 min after putting this case on and the case took the abuse with my phone face unscathed.

PeMo

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I got the Neo Hybrid in red the other day and have been using it for a few days before I figured I'd give feedback. First... it looks phenomenal, especially in red. Can't say enough about the looks of it. The feel is nice, enough grip to avoid always feeling like it's going to slip out of my hands, but hardly adds much bulk to it.

The downside is the power button... it is WAYYY too sensitive. I can press an inch below where the power button is and it will trigger the button. The first day I put it on, my phone rebooted on me twice. I thought the phone was acting up until I realized barely touching the side was triggering the power button and then I'd accidentally press the restart icon. I honestly wonder if I got a defective case as I can't believe I haven't seen another mention of it. I'll be reading an email or webpage or whatever and I'll accidentally turn the screen off just by re-adjusting the phone in my hand. I've taken it off a few times and put it back on in case it wasn't quite sitting on the phone correctly, but same results. The volume button works fine - sensitive enough, but I never accidentally change the volume settings.

So... despite the great looks and feel of it, the power button sensitivity made me ditch the case and has me on a search for a new case. :(

kirkhere

May 7, 2013
Visit site
The Neo Hybrid does look nice, but from the pictures, it doesn't appear to give much protection to the camera lens on the back (i.e. the lens appears to be almost flush with the back of the case). It's hard to tell from the pictures though. Can someone who has/had one please comment on this aspect? Thanks.

I also wish they offered something with a matte finish instead of the smooth glossy stuff.

bswangolf

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I got that case for the great looks. Neo Hybrid .Personally I did not like the feel in my hands. Hard sharp edges felt bad and was wanting to jump out of my hands. You are correct there is no protection for the camera. One of the worst things is it made the phone look like the enemy iphone!!! I love the new slim light phone. The otterbox leaves you piece of mind of keeping the phone safe. But it of course leaves you with a huge brick of a phone. It defeats having such a great designed phone. Might as well save some money and get a cheaper heavy fat phone. I bought the speck I think its the candy shell. It feels like it will keep the phone safe and is pretty slim. They only had a black one in the store so had to get somthing for the just purchased phone. But dont like the looks on my white phone But had no choice. I really like it. But for me its to slick and slides off the car seat or where ever I rest it. Us guys dont have purses. I like the rubbery Grippy ones

bswangolf

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I tried those once. Didn't like the way the side parts fit and felt they were just harder to install than say DecalGirl and SkinIt ones. You should check those out! DecalGirl just added the S4 to their lineup. I buy MULTIPILE backs for my phones and apply different skins to them and just change things up by applying a different back! I have installed MANY of the DecalGirl and SkinIt skins and I love them! Definitely give the phone more grip!

Are those decalgirls think enough raised Up so it protects camera when phone is placed on back?

starshockey

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Considered one of those but no kickstand, right? I need the kickstand. Ended up getting this case/holster combo: Amazon.com: Aduro Shell Holster Combo Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 with Kick-Stand & Belt Clip (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular & Sprint): Cell Phones & Accessories Phone took a spill face down onto the sidewalk not 30 min after putting this case on and the case took the abuse with my phone face unscathed.

All but one had kickstands. I didn't want a kickstand so that is the one I bought.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Dear God... this case is gorgeous. Yes, it does add some bulk as far as width of the phone, but nothing that makes it feel like I have to stretch my thumb across the screen. Overall, this is my second Spigen case for this phone and I'm extremely impressed with their craftsmanship that goes into their products. Only downside for me is the case renders my Samsung Genuine dock completely useless, but the case isn't that hard to slip on/off so if I really want to use it I can remove the case.

EDIT: Sorry for the crap pictures. My iPad Mini takes a great picture, but the ambient lighting in my place is horrible.

WOW! Nice case! If I were to ever get a case (I like to run naked), I think that would be the one I'd get. Couldn't you modify the dock somehow? What does the dock you have look like? Maybe I can give a suggestion. I like tweaking things.

Hypochondriac

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys I got this from Amazon. What do you guys think? I care more for protection from drops then how the phone looks. I also have large hands so doesn't make a difference if it makes the phone larger. Which case offers the best protection for the buck?

John Ferguson

May 14, 2013
Visit site
All these cases are nice...and then the 4500mah battery comes out! I'm much more concerned about
using the heck out of the phone than, worrying about so called "bulk"
Also, I'm a little creeped out when people say a phone is "sexy" huh???
The camera lens is too small. Just barely.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia