Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases/Covers Thread

ninjasenses

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I have seen mostly talk recently about the NEO hybrid case and not the slim armour case. Is there any reason in particular people are going with this one? Does one case have any advantages over the other? Or is it more a matter of style choice?

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have seen mostly talk recently about the NEO hybrid case and not the slim armour case. Is there any reason in particular people are going with this one? Does one case have any advantages over the other? Or is it more a matter of style choice?

Aside from style choice, Spigen cases seem to be the only cases to design their cases so the loudspeaker doesn't get muffled when putting it down on a desk. They designed a little bump between the 2 speaker grills to raise it slightly. I've bought a whole bunch of cheap TPU and hard snap on cases, and they all let the loudspeaker get muffled when placed on a desk.

Does anybody know of a slim fit TPU case that doesn't muffle the loudspeaker? I'm rocking a CIMO clear TPU case right now. I like the looks, but the speaker gets muffled on my desk! :-\

Amazon.com: Cimo S Case Back Flexible TPU Cover for Samsung Galaxy S IV S4 GS4 4 - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

skiner5246

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

Simple matter of style choice IMO. Both cases by Spigen are great. Neo Hybrid is more comforming to the S4 and has the best form-fit/ratio/factor to the device I've seen. The slim armor has more protection with the top and bottom TPU, but still fits the case well. I have the Slim armor and love it. Just a personal preference is all.

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Decisions

47261397789644925404.jpg

45888281180293511383.jpg

77836769791828611168.jpg

61094076322866297503.jpg

Just added the Otterbox Commuter to the mix...

05864525294538432932.jpg

04481094988466399851.jpg

49389058500492348577.jpg

30250545725372585520.jpg

77540001224371322952.jpg

46584308126282808370.jpg

I am not one of those individuals who absolutely will not drop a phone. I find it comical that some of you declare that it is impossible for you to drop a phone. Face it, It only takes 1 perfect storm to cause an "Oh Sheet!" moment. I know me and I need the extra protection. I will keep the Otterbox and iloome screenmate.

Last edited:

iceddown1975

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I got the slim armor case Saturday and will be returning it. Way too slick. Its slipped out of my hand twice but to its credit there was no damage whatsoever.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it, but after a week with the Neo Hybrid, I sent it back to Amazon for a full refund.

The fact that it didn't work with the Samsung dock, both microphone ports not being lined up, the added girth the case added, and the fact that I personally need a case with a belt clip for work sealed the deal.

Spigen makes gorgeous cases, but Seidio and the Active case have my business again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the OEM flip case for my new S4 and am underwhelmed.

Wish that it had the following features/benefits:

1. Stayed closed
2. Provided some kind of protection against drops
3. Turned off the screen

So has anyone found a 3rd party flip case that improves on Samsung's OEM offering?

Thanks...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

Solariis

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I hate to say it, but after a week with the Neo Hybrid, I sent it back to Amazon for a full refund.

The fact that it didn't work with the Samsung dock, both microphone ports not being lined up, the added girth the case added, and the fact that I personally need a case with a belt clip for work sealed the deal.

Spigen makes gorgeous cases, but Seidio and the Active case have my business again.

That's unfortunate to hear, this is the first I've heard of the microphone ports not lining up on the Spigen Neo Hybrid. Also, is the Seidio Active really going to be less girth added than the Neo Hybrid?

Last edited:

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
That's unfortunate to hear, this is the first I've heard of the microphone ports not lining up on the Spigen Neo Hybrid. Also, is the Seidio Active really going to be less girth added than the Neo Hybrid?

I actually watched a couple videos on YouTube and I saw the misalignment. They were using a dummy phone at the time and blamed the misalignment on that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I really like the $10.89 price for the Neo Hybrid case but since the product still has the Spigen name and is shipped from China, it makes me a bit wary, looks like a counterfeit, albeit a good one.

Does anyone have any experience with this dx-box.com site? There aren't any reviews for any of the Neo Hybrids yet, probably because the shipping takes so long and they're so new. Just wondering if it's worth the extra $20 to buy directly from Spigen, or is this a good way to save $20. Last thing I wanna do is wait 2+ weeks to receive a product that doesn't fit or line up perfectly with the S4.

It takes way longer than 2 weeks.
I'm on 3 weeks and counting with no communication.
About ready to order from spigen and cancel/dispute the dxbox since there is no communication.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
just see it in amazon

Thanks for sharing the case... However just saying that you saw it on Amazon wasn't that helpful as I couldn't find it on Amazon. Good thing that the manufactuer's name is on the case - TETDED.

I did however find that TETDED has a lot of S4 cases: Galaxy S4/IV GT-i9500 i9505 - TETDED LIMITED

I couldn't find the one you pictured in your post though... http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...es-covers-thread-post2799252.html#post2799252

In future, please post a link to where you found the cases you are sharing. That would be helpful!

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got the sview case and it's going back. Like others have said the stupid thing doesn't sit flat. It sits open 1/4" to 1/3" which is just stupid.

Ordered an Elago breathe soft feeling case in red. Had one of these on my S3 and loved it. It does not provide the level of protection of other cases but it is just what I wanted. Slim case that is not bulky and adds a little grip while looking cool.

Amazon.com: elago Galaxy S4 Case G7 Breathe - Eco Friendly Retail Packaging - Made in Korea (Soft Feeling Red): Cell Phones & Accessories

tarball

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I have my GS4 since the launch, naked.

I received this week Spigen Neohybrid + Glas.tr.

I have to say that I miss the sleek look and feel of the GS4...and might return to no protection. I will just put extra caution.

Even if those case and screen protections are supposely slim.... i completely loss the great feeling of the device on hand.

My 2cents :)

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have my GS4 since the launch, naked.

I received this week Spigen Neohybrid + Glas.tr.

I have to say that I miss the sleek look and feel of the GS4...and might return to no protection. I will just put extra caution.

Even if those case and screen protections are supposely slim.... i completely loss the great feeling of the device on hand.

My 2cents :)

I can understand....it feels really nice in the hand with no protection on it. Very sleek and sexy.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

Believe it or not, the Active from Seidio feels much more comfortable in hand then the Neo Hybrid did. It's hard to explain. I think it might of been the square feeling it gave the phone on top of the girth. On a plus note, the Seidio Active does fit in the Samsung universal dock. It's a tight fit because the lip on the screen sticks out so much with the active, but it does dock properly nonetheless.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn