Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases/Covers Thread

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I just got this today. Ordered it when I had my S4, from the seller linked to elsewhere in this thread. I'm VERY impressed with it. Very solid feeling, the metal is actually metal (not plastic like some of the others), and the little touches like the bright chrome edge around the camera make it seem like a Samsung part. Plus, it was only $12 with shipping direct from China.

If you were considering buying one, do it. Definitely worth the money and should make the GS4 feel as good on the outside as it is high-po on the inside.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369543858192.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369543858192.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 96

Valkaneer

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I like the slimness and screen protection that the flip covers offers (I have taken pretty good care of my droid X over the years). But can anyone give some insight on how it feels to take a call with one? OR what about taking pics? Just seems to me that while they may look good they seem to have some serious issues on how they could get in the way. Gah why can't they make something that can be all around good for a flip case? One that does not hinder use of the phone, does make you look as though your talking to a address book held up to your ear, and still provides reasonable protection for said use.

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I just got this today. Ordered it when I had my S4, from the seller linked to elsewhere in this thread. I'm VERY impressed with it. Very solid feeling, the metal is actually metal (not plastic like some of the others), and the little touches like the bright chrome edge around the camera make it seem like a Samsung part. Plus, it was only $12 with shipping direct from China.

If you were considering buying one, do it. Definitely worth the money and should make the GS4 feel as good on the outside as it is high-po on the inside.

I really like the look of this. My only concern would be if the metal affects the radio signal or NFC in any way...have you noticed anything?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I really like the look of this. My only concern would be if the metal affects the radio signal or NFC in any way...have you noticed anything?

I actually don't have an S4 anymore so I can't test it. I don't know if it would affect any signals because it's actually pretty thin. It's also possible that it isn't actually metal, but I would be very surprised if it wasn't. (It's cool to the touch unlike plastic, but it also feels like metal)

UseA Launcher

May 24, 2013
Visit site

moccy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My previous BB Torch hit the ground several times and only sustained few bruises and chapping on it's bezel thanks to it's bulky build. But I've seen lots of cracked screen of iPhone, S3 or similar phones and I want to minimize the risk of my expensive phone to suffer the same damage. While S4 does very slim and light, somehow the dimension doesn't feel so balanced in my hand especially when typing. So I did some research on protective casing to buy before using the phone extensively.

I've heard about the reputation of Otterbox but it looks like an defensive armor with very manly and bulky design. Many ladies users of S3/S4 will opt for either jelly/clear plastic case or the flip/S-view case. I don't like flip design, it's getting in the way of holding the phone and there's no protection when dropped while it's in use. I went down to a shop with intention to get a Case-mate Tough, but the only color available was white and it had discoloration from the see-through hole on it's case. So I looked around and while I love how Spigen Slim Armor looks perfectly-fit into the phone, I finally chose the "thicker" one, OB Commuter in Powder Gray/Blaze Pink. I love how it perfectly suits my white S4. Instead of feeling bulky, it gives a better grip. I think the official images of Commuter gave a false impression that it has semi-rounded back case that looks bulky. I got a lot of compliments that the casing is very nice and I'm very proud showing it off :D.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got this case, absolutely beautiful and slim. Feels great and superb quality. Definately using this for a while.

Love Them Big

What's the difference between this and the [Ultra Fit] from Spigen? They look identical except the newer ones are in more colors.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BS...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2818582

The Ultra Fit was my first case and I've gotta say, it's my favorite when I'm not at work. It's so thin, and it feels like a naked phone, but since it's a matte finish you don't finger print up the back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I have been looking for a holster combination case. Hopefully one that is not too bulky and still offers great protection. I had one for the s3 but I can't find one like it for the s4. Don't want an otterbox or ballistic.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking for a holster combination case. Hopefully one that is not too bulky and still offers great protection. I had one for the s3 but I can't find one like it for the s4. Don't want an otterbox or ballistic.

Seidio Active - Case and Clip Combo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Not a case, but my aluminum backing finally came in the mail! I got it off off of ebay, shipped from Hong Kong with free shipping. $7. It also comes with a handy little tool that you can rub off any smudges or finger prints off of it!

Let's see it on your phone

Sent from my amazing Samsung Galaxy S4... there is none better!

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
My Spigen Neohybrid just went in the drawer. The Galaxy S 4 Protective Cover + just came in and it is so much nicer. Much more compact, makes the buttons feel just right. The cut outs for the power and headphone jacks allow for just about anything. Samsung made just the right amount of tackiness which makes this case feel great in my hand. Another great thing that Samsung did was to really protect the camera lens with this case and raise the speaker opening. Much narrower and thinner than the Spigen with a perfect tight fit. This case should be able to take a drop without a problem. Great job Samsung, you nailed it with this case. This case feels perfect in every way.

thehatguy

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

Attachments

• S4 carbon look battery cover.jpg
    S4 carbon look battery cover.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 89

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
My Spigen Neohybrid just went in the drawer. The Galaxy S 4 Protective Cover + just came in and it is so much nicer. Much more compact, makes the buttons feel just right. The cut outs for the power and headphone jacks allow for just about anything. Samsung made just the right amount of tackiness which makes this case feel great in my hand. Another great thing that Samsung did was to really protect the camera lens with this case and raise the speaker opening. Much narrower and thinner than the Spigen with a perfect tight fit. This case should be able to take a drop without a problem. Great job Samsung, you nailed it with this case. This case feels perfect in every way.

Seems like a nice case. I haven't heard much talk about it around here.

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Just received this cover today.

Fresh from Hong Kong.

Got it on eBay for $10.49 shipped.
Back Battery Case Protective Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 I9505 LTE New | eBay

This is a battery replacement cover and not a case.
If you're looking to keep the same thin feel, take a look at this one.

Fits every bit as good as the Samsung back cover.
Nice feel to it.

John

Is it textured or smooth and just looks textured? I am looking for a replacement that is textured like the Galaxy S II had

bencpht

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Just bought an acase from amazon for $13. I have one on my HTC and it's near perfect. It doesn't have covers for the 3.5mm or usb ports, but the hard shell isn't slippery like on the commuter.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair