04-30-2013 08:16 AM
29 12
tools
    This will be my next phone. I currently have a Galaxy Nexus. Im undecided on what color to go for... thoughts?
    03-26-2013 12:22 PM
    I won't be getting the s4, but I think white phones, especially Samsung ones, look rather nifty. I put my phones in a case as soon as I get them, so it may not matter, but ultimately its your preference.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    03-26-2013 12:23 PM
    Black!
    I never liked any white phones (not being racist lol), I think they can get dirty pretty quickly and show it
    03-26-2013 12:27 PM
    I've had the white S3 for a year or so. I saw a pebble blue one the other day, thought it looked nicer overall. I just couldn't see myself with a blue phone.

I would imagine the Black one would have a bit nicer overall appearance. The darker color allows you to see any finish they add, like the brushed effect on the pebble blue one, better.

The White (at least on the S3) really doesn't have any finish to it. Looked like that might change on the S4...
    03-26-2013 12:59 PM
    Definitely will be getting the Black version.

Never liked the white versions, they always just look cheap to me. Even say like a black vs white iPhone. Same phone, but for some reason i personally think the white one looks cheaper.
    This also plays true with me for other things than phones. I hate white cars because i think they look like cheap plastic toy cars. But again, just personal preference.
    03-26-2013 01:02 PM
    Black, unless you like all the sensor holes being visible on the white fascia.
    03-26-2013 01:12 PM
    I think I might go with black as well. I currently have the pebble blue phone and since I never put covers on my phone, the white will show marks and dirt easier.
    03-26-2013 01:30 PM
    Definitely will be getting the Black version.

Never liked the white versions, they always just look cheap to me. Even say like a black vs white iPhone. Same phone, but for some reason i personally think the white one looks cheaper.
    This also plays true with me for other things than phones. I hate white cars because i think they look like cheap plastic toy cars. But again, just personal preference.
    Lol my car is white. But definitely not cheap at 20,000 not including interest on payments. Its ok little prius *pat pat* I'm the opposite though. I think white shows class and refinement. You have to work to keep it clean.

ThisTechBoi, j510 and cinnamin like this.
    03-26-2013 01:49 PM
    Lol my car is white. But definitely not cheap at 20,000 not including interest on payments. Its ok little prius *pat pat* I'm the opposite though. I think white shows class and refinement. You have to work to keep it clean.

Maybe its because my first car was white and the doors were literally plastic. It was a saturn and that model i had was hyped over its "Dent resistant side panels" which really meant plastic lol

But i know that's not the case with cars now. I have a Black 2012 Mazda 3 and i saw a white one driving down the highway about a month ago and it just didn't look quite as nice as mine. But i know what you mean about keeping a white car clean!
    03-26-2013 04:43 PM
    Maybe its because my first car was white and the doors were literally plastic. It was a saturn and that model i had was hyped over its "Dent resistant side panels" which really meant plastic lol

But i know that's not the case with cars now. I have a Black 2012 Mazda 3 and i saw a white one driving down the highway about a month ago and it just didn't look quite as nice as mine. But i know what you mean about keeping a white car clean!
    Was your first car by chance remote control?
    AlphaVictor87 and ThisTechBoi like this.
    03-26-2013 06:59 PM
    yep. Black for me. I cant wait!!
    03-26-2013 07:11 PM
    Since I've got a white S3, if I go to the S4, it's gonna be black.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    03-26-2013 07:51 PM
    I had the white S3, simply because I didn't like the idea of the blue phone. I think both versions of the S3 look a bit overly cheap but esp the white one did look more like a toy. I am a bit excited they added black as an option instead of blue. So I think I'll probably go with the black version since the white doesn't look any more premium with the S4.
    03-27-2013 03:14 PM
    Definitely getting black haha Not that it matters cause I'll be getting a case anyway.
    03-27-2013 03:17 PM
    BLACK

I am getting black .. have the white S3 and really wish I would have got the blue!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 (S3) using Android Central Forums
    03-27-2013 03:41 PM
    I had the blue s3, and currently have the white s3. I'm leaning towards the white s4 but it will ultimately depend on which one hides the texture on the phone best.
    03-28-2013 12:43 PM
    Now that the GS4 is coming in black I will be getting black. My iP5 is white and honestly its my first white phone and I do not care for it. I only chose white so it wouldn't scratch up like the black iP5 does and I will be glad to move back to a bigger screen. I can use any OS, but I just can't live with a 4" screen and its not practical to carry my iPad every where I go.
    03-30-2013 03:10 PM
    I am torn, white looks classier to me. But I can see the complaints of it looking cheap as well... I will have to hold them both and figure out which one I want my company to buy me.
    03-30-2013 04:07 PM
    I'd go with white because the black will probably show fingerprints more readily.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend P1
    03-30-2013 04:21 PM
    My phone will always be in a case anyways so black is nice and will look good in one of the new Spigen cases, perhaps the red one.
    03-31-2013 11:34 AM
    My white Note2 is beautiful ..it isn't cheap looking. I love it. Color is a personal choice as is our phone choice. I don't regret my decision.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    03-31-2013 11:39 AM
    Are those the only two colors it will be offered in? Seems to me with the plastic backing it would be pretty easy to offer a wide variety of color.
    03-31-2013 11:45 AM
    Are those the only two colors it will be offered in? Seems to me with the plastic backing it would be pretty easy to offer a wide variety of color.
    Those are the only two colors. Initially, at least.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend P1
    03-31-2013 03:12 PM
    I think white shows class and refinement. You have to work to keep it clean.
    I agree. I think the white makes it look pristine, elegant and classy. But a phone can also get dirty very quickly and it would be really hard to keep it looking as good as new.

I think that while the white colour would look good on the S4, it might also look a bit cheap, kind of like a toy, and as they say "Black is the new white". Black is also elegant, I think.

So I'm torn between the two! But most probably, I'll get a white S4 but to make it look less cheap, I'll get a premium-looking white cover on it.
    03-31-2013 04:25 PM
    I typically like white phones although I have a grey Note 2, so if I were to get this phone it'd probably be in white. Although the "black" version does looks ok.

Samsung Galaxy S4 review: Supernova - GSMArena.com

That's not really black, more of a dark grey. But I suppose if it were truly black you wouldn't be able to see the design so I guess it's good enough. One good thing though is that the phone in real life doesn't look like it has a dark blue tint like it has in the promo pictures for some reason.

EDIT: Damn, on second thought the design on the black version looks really nice. Hmmm.
    03-31-2013 06:44 PM
29 12