AT&T preorders: April 16 for $249 on contract

anon(92475)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm not quite sure what AT&T is getting at. Why on Earth would you launch a flagship (i'm assuming with 16 GB) for $249?

They'll still sell Millions of units but that price might keep many form getting it.

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, we'll see how they price the HTC One (assuming lower). $250 just knocked the GS4 off my list. In reality it's only $50 more than the standard. Hell, I'll go through that in Diet Dew before I know it. I'm just not ready to step over the $200 mark for a subsidized phone.

From my HTC One X running ViperXL 3.2

j510

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Price match n look for special offers (rebate or gift card w purchase). Most likely best buy,amazon, costco or radio shack will have a cheaper deal going on. Plus no activation fee or restocking fee plus longer return policy. Still dont understand why people buy from at&t retail stores.

LoganK

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the good news. I'll be selling my note 2 and get the s4 :)

Why is that? I really like the stylus and the Samsung note-taking software that works with it. After spending some time on these forums trying to get an impression of the S4, I've mostly come to the conclusion that I should have a Note 2, instead.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Why is that? I really like the stylus and the Samsung note-taking software that works with it. After spending some time on these forums trying to get an impression of the S4, I've mostly come to the conclusion that I should have a Note 2, instead.

I don't use the S pen; the note 2 is awesome. I've enjoyed every moment of using the note 2 for the past few months.

I just got an ipad 4, so, I no longer need a phone screen as big as the note 2. The s4 will be a perfect size for me and lighter than the note 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Price match n look for special offers (rebate or gift card w purchase). Most likely best buy,amazon, costco or radio shack will have a cheaper deal going on. Plus no activation fee or restocking fee plus longer return policy. Still dont understand why people buy from at&t retail stores.

Maybe on contract. The off contract prices are higher at best buy and amazon to start. Although Best Buy will match not sure about Amazon. And the convenience of taking the phone back to the store if an issue the first month.

I thought it would come in at 199/549 but it looks like it will be 249. I have not seen the no commitment price but I guess 599? Too high for me. I guess I will wait for a few months to what happens. Still loving my Note 2 and Nexus 4. Will save my upgrade or maybe use it for an iphone and then sell it.

I might get the s4 in addition to my note 2 but no way would the s4 replace my note 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Last edited:

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Not worth it. Two year contract and $249, just buy the phone outright and use their service without being locked down. Interesting to see the prices going up though for a phone on contract, 199.99$ is as high as they should go I think.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums