AT&T preorders: April 16 for $249 on contract

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Not that I was planning to get the S4 in the first place (I'm happy with my Nexus 4), but $249 on contract is a pretty hefty number. What will the price be for off-contract? $800?

Do yourself a favor and get the phone from T-mobile. It's $99 down, plus $20 a month for 24 months. Pay it all up front if you want, and it's $580. If you must give money to AT&T and can't get T-mobile, buy the phone from T-mobile, get it unlocked, and use on AT&T.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Not that I was planning to get the S4 in the first place (I'm happy with my Nexus 4), but $249 on contract is a pretty hefty number. What will the price be for off-contract? $800?

Do yourself a favor and get the phone from T-mobile. It's $99 down, plus $20 a month for 24 months. Pay it all up front if you want, and it's $580. If you must give money to AT&T and can't get T-mobile, buy the phone from T-mobile, get it unlocked, and use on AT&T.

Probably 549 to 599 no commitment on ATT. Not sure the LTE systems are interchangeable, in fact they are not, just do not know if the S4 has all the radios. Why you pushing t mobile so hard? T mobile generally does not have the coverage of ATT hence ATT has 4X the number of subscribers. Not everyone is disgruntled at ATT.

Last edited:

phillipy

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
How will the pre-orders be initiated? Will it be online only or will you be able to walk into a brick and mortar store and pre-order?

kevlarian

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile is the way to go. no contract and rated the #2 best network in the US. hands down the best price and features of any US carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
How will the pre-orders be initiated? Will it be online only or will you be able to walk into a brick and mortar store and pre-order?

I'd suggest doing it online, unless u wanna wake up at 5AM and wait in a long *** line

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget the Note 2 was $299 when it first came out and they sold millions. If $249 is too high just wait a few months.

The Note 2's sales were pretty small compared to any of the other blockbusters, so that is not a good handset from which to draw conclusions.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I pre ordered the S3 and Note 2 online with att. In fact, I have not stepped foot into a store in quite a while. While there were no lines for the S3 the pre orders received them on June 21 and they were not in the stores for a week or so after...not sure but there was a big mess trying to get them in the stores...

If you really want one on launch day, I would pre order on line.

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hm, $249 seams like a risky move by Samsung. Not even Apple would go over $199 for their basic phone. Oh well, I guess they know what they are doing. Or not.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hm, $249 seams like a risky move by Samsung. Not even Apple would go over $199 for their basic phone. Oh well, I guess they know what they are doing. Or not.

Samsung gets full price for the phone whatever that is. Att is pricing the subsidized price.

iPhone 5_to_GS4

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
If GS3 full was $550 and 2yr contract was $200 and GS4 2yr $250 then full price without would be $600. If that is true, I am not complaining. I paid $650 for my ip5.

However, T mobile will sell GS4 for $99 + 24 months x $20/mo = $579. Shouldn't they sell them at the same price? I would be very excited if 16gb versions are priced at $579 for Verizon GS4 w/o contract. I want to keep my grandfathered-in unlimited data plan so I have to buy at full price.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile is the way to go. no contract and rated the #2 best network in the US. hands down the best price and features of any US carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Either drive a Honda or a BMW. There are reasons for price differences.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Probably 549 to 599 no commitment on ATT. Not sure the LTE systems are interchangeable, in fact they are not, just do not know if the S4 has all the radios. Why you pushing t mobile so hard? T mobile generally does not have the coverage of ATT hence ATT has 4X the number of subscribers. Not everyone is disgruntled at ATT.

I'm not pushing anything. In case you haven't noticed, I said you could still keep the AT&T plan. I'm simply looking out for the customer's best interest. No sense paying the AT&T price if the tmo phone is the same, unlocked and cheaper. I'm pretty sure the phone will come with multiple LTE bands.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not pushing anything. In case you haven't noticed, I said you could still keep the AT&T plan. I'm simply looking out for the customer's best interest. No sense paying the AT&T price if the tmo phone is the same, unlocked and cheaper. I'm pretty sure the phone will come with multiple LTE bands.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

The tmobile version will not be any cheaper. It will be around $579.
Remember: the additional $20 payment for 24 months might include tax and interest.

For example: your monthly charges = 50 + tax and other fees. Now 50 + 20 + tax and other fees. You'll end up paying more and get 3x slower data speed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar