AT&T preorders: April 16 for $249 on contract

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile is excellent where they have coverage, unfortunately that isn't in too many places. I hope they start bringing in customers, but until they grow in subscribers their coverage will suck compared to AT&T.

According to antenna search.com, AT&T updates its towers much more often than T-Mobile in my area.

T-Mobile may be good for you, but AT&T has over 100 million customers versus T-Mobile's 34 million. That says a lot.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The no commit price on the note 2 from att is 649.00 after taxes over 700.00 the 549 you talk about is the gs3

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

You could be right...they have a picture of a Note1 but the write up and saysa Note 2 so not 100% now. I paid 649.99 + tax when I preordered mine in November. Worth every penny!

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
IF it is a 16 Gb phone that refers to the non-replaceable internal storage, right? No microSD card comes with it? Or is it assumed there is 16 Gb of internal memory AND 16 Gb of microSD ??

I'm waiting for the Verizon version to replace my Droid Charge .... maybe.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd suggest doing it online, unless u wanna wake up at 5AM and wait in a long *** line

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

There won't be long lines, just like there weren't long lines for the S3.

I think we'll see lines but nothing like what the iPhone had. Even iPhone lines won't be as long but they'll probably still sell more simply because of preorders. As long as they make a ton for preorders then that's less people that stand in lines. Most people that are willing to wake (stay?) up for preorders are the same folks that would wait in a line for 8 hours. Again, I definitely expect long lines, but not something unseen just based on the fact that carriers and the manufacturers want to prepare better and while having people lined up for your device is good publicity, it's better for both to meet early demand with home deliveries. When the iPhone first hit Verizon there were all types of negative reports about how there were no lines at Verizon stores and such. A month later, Verizon announced it as their best selling device ever for a new one on their network. Why? Because it was available online for preorder.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
IF it is a 16 Gb phone that refers to the non-replaceable internal storage, right? No microSD card comes with it? Or is it assumed there is 16 Gb of internal memory AND 16 Gb of microSD ??

I'm waiting for the Verizon version to replace my Droid Charge .... maybe.

Listed storage will refer to internal storage. And I don't even know the last time a phone came with an SD card. Just order one from amazon ahead of time. And the available will always be less than 16GB and system files.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Listed storage will refer to internal storage. And I don't even know the last time a phone came with an SD card. Just order one from amazon ahead of time. And the available will always be less than 16GB and system files.

My 2-year-old Samsung Verizon Droid Charge came with a 32 Gb Class 4 SD card but then the internal memory is minimal. I think the internal is 1 Gb.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My 2-year-old Samsung Verizon Droid Charge came with a 32 Gb Class 4 SD card but then the internal memory is minimal. I think the internal is 1 Gb.

Yeah 2 years is a long time ago in smartphones. They pretty much don't do that anymore, especially for these high-end phones with at least 16GB onboard. They may still do it for lower end devices, but I don't know because I don't buy those type of devices LOL.

Last edited:

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
The tmobile version will not be any cheaper. It will be around $579.
Remember: the additional $20 payment for 24 months might include tax and interest.

For example: your monthly charges = 50 + tax and other fees. Now 50 + 20 + tax and other fees. You'll end up paying more and get 3x slower data speed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

See my post previous to the one you quoted. And no, the $20 a month installment does not have interest tagged on (that was in the announcement). The total price on T-Mobile is $579. AT&T hasn't announced full retail price yet. When they do, if it's at or below $579, then by all means, buy from them. I just don't think it's going to be.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
You could be right...they have a picture of a Note1 but the write up and saysa Note 2 so not 100% now. I paid 649.99 + tax when I preordered mine in November. Worth every penny!

Do you think the note 2 is better than the htc one just from what you have seen or read so far planoman I'm thinking note 3 over gs4

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Do you think the note 2 is better than the htc one just from what you have seen or read so far planoman I'm thinking note 3 over gs4

I think the Note 2 is the best all around device on the market right now. More complete and better than the s4 and HTC One from what I have seen. I love and use it every day for work including the s pen features. I do use a Nexus 4 on the weekends since I do not use much battery, s pen and the size is more pocketable for shorts etc.

I have an upgrade coming sometime soon in the next few months and will probably save that for the Note 3. I was looking at the S4 as more of a weekend phone instead of a daily driver. I will keep my Nexus 4 for the updates so my issue becomes do I want to spend the cash to try out the S4? Not sure yet but I know I will not preorder it like I did the S3 and Note 2. I will wait to see the complete story. I was kinda excited to see the HTC and the lukewarm camera performance has turned me off. I already have a medicore camera with sealed battery and no SD card in the Nexus 4 lol!

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I thought it was iphone only too... I really hope they do it for this phone

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

unless they changed something you can do an early upgrade on any phone, they just add 200 to the contract price , so it'd be alittle cheaper

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I think we'll see lines but nothing like what the iPhone had. Even iPhone lines won't be as long but they'll probably still sell more simply because of preorders. As long as they make a ton for preorders then that's less people that stand in lines. Most people that are willing to wake (stay?) up for preorders are the same folks that would wait in a line for 8 hours. Again, I definitely expect long lines, but not something unseen just based on the fact that carriers and the manufacturers want to prepare better and while having people lined up for your device is good publicity, it's better for both to meet early demand with home deliveries. When the iPhone first hit Verizon there were all types of negative reports about how there were no lines at Verizon stores and such. A month later, Verizon announced it as their best selling device ever for a new one on their network. Why? Because it was available online for preorder.

Yeah. There won't be lines.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I just hope they have the 32 and 64. Have decided if so getting the gs4 over the One. If they only have 16 like usual for their Sammie devices will go with the One

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a bad feeling part of the HTC One exclusive on AT&T was no 32/64GB on GS4 and they get the 64GB HTC One. While tempting HTC has broken every promise on updates and reliability ratings. Its a pass even though its a nice looking device.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a bad feeling part of the HTC One exclusive on AT&T was no 32/64GB on GS4 and they get the 64GB HTC One. While tempting HTC has broken every promise on updates and reliability ratings. Its a pass even though its a nice looking device.
What HTC phones are you basing this on I have 2 HTC phones on Verizon and have gotten updates on both,but all i keep hearing is how HTC and verizon never update phones,and i have had great luck with reliability

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
As I recall reading HTC canceled device updates for just about every phone that was in 2011 and 2012, as for Verizon well I had the Incredible and does that run ICS and did the updates ever go beyond bug fixes. It took HTC & Verizon how long top fix the constant problems on the Thunderbolt which I got on day 1 of launch. I forgot they rolled out ICS 4.0 in Feb. 2013, how long overdue was that. Are we not on JB 4.2.2 and that would be 2 full OS updates behind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20