05-03-2014 04:11 AM
169 ... 4567
tools
    Same here. *highfive*
    *highfive* :beer:
    04-04-2013 09:18 AM
    Hmmmm. I'm an electronics engineer who knows waaaaaaaaayyyy too much about DEC computers - mostly the PDP series, because I love toggling in bootloaders - and I have also worked as a software engineer. I suppose that puts me in the geek camp. However I like Lord of the Rings movies (especially Return of the King) and Star Trek. And the older I get the easier I find it to talk to girls, probably because I'm no longer much of a threat So I'm not sure where that puts me on the geek <----> nerd spectrum!
    Aquila likes this.
    04-04-2013 10:02 AM
    Hmmmm. I'm an electronics engineer who knows waaaaaaaaayyyy too much about DEC computers - mostly the PDP series, because I love toggling in bootloaders - and I have also worked as a software engineer. I suppose that puts me in the geek camp. However I like Lord of the Rings movies (especially Return of the King) and Star Trek. And the older I get the easier I find it to talk to girls, probably because I'm no longer much of a threat So I'm not sure where that puts me on the geek <----> nerd spectrum!

And, I couldn't resist; is this you?

*highfive* :beer:
    So Cold, Aquila and MikeLip like this.
    04-04-2013 10:16 AM
    Except for the part where my spine telescopes when I catch the girl and they have to call TWO ambulances, you nailed it.
    04-04-2013 11:15 AM
    I could care less what people think... My friend had mad money and didn't want any Internet phones.
    To each is own.
    I feel if I going to have Internet phone... It's going to be one I like.
    As far as the galaxy s4::?
    If you don't like, don't buy one lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    04-04-2013 11:24 AM
    Except for the part where my spine telescopes when I catch the girl and they have to call TWO ambulances, you nailed it.
    And then me and xlDeMoNiClx will kind of reenact this:

(as you can see, I'm a fan of Cyanide and Happiness)

I could care less what people think... My friend had mad money and didn't want any Internet phones.
    To each is own.
    Stop posting on topic, this thread has been hijacked, if you haven't noticed. The topic is now about whether you're a geek or a nerd or a hybrid. (neek? gerd...?)
    MikeLip likes this.
    04-04-2013 12:00 PM
    Ye. (Y)
    04-04-2013 04:25 PM
    awesome gaddget ever since
    Way to put out clickbait.
    04-16-2013 06:47 AM
    Right up there with his friend making $2500 a week working from home on her computer.
    04-16-2013 07:09 AM
    I am started to get bored with the same ol' Samsung galaxy design and UI interface... Hard to get excited about this S4
    04-16-2013 12:06 PM
    I am started to get bored with the same ol' Samsung galaxy design and UI interface... Hard to get excited about this S4
    If you read the reviews it technically isn't the exact same design. As for the UI, just put a different launcher like Nova on there. That's what I'm doing.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    daveathall likes this.
    04-24-2013 10:45 AM
    I don't think it's a total fail..there are some neat things going on with Samsung. Just not as many cosmetic changes as we see with HTC. I think HTC decided to produce a better build quality knowing they weren't having to produce as many handsets to the public. It's like a Mercedes...sure they produce less per year compared to Ford and in the end its based on what feels right for the targeted audience.
    04-24-2013 11:26 AM
    I don't think it's a total fail..there are some neat things going on with Samsung. Just not as many cosmetic changes as we see with HTC. I think HTC decided to produce a better build quality knowing they weren't having to produce as many handsets to the public. It's like a Mercedes...sure they produce less per year compared to Ford and in the end its based on what feels right for the targeted audience.
    I agree, and I think that HTC and Samsung just chose different paths. Samsung already had a great phone, so it just improved on the S3 and added features to make the device user-friendly, while HTC went with a completely new design, and just tried to add a few software changes (Sense, flipboard, zoe). Maybe HTC realized that people make a big deal about the aluminum and 'premium' feel of the iPhones, and wanted to be seen as a good luxury phone maker. Samsung seems perfectly happy catering to everybody who made the S3 such a big success.
    Topgonzo likes this.
    04-24-2013 01:40 PM
    I don't know...the S4 doesn't compel me like the HTC One does. Its got features...more than anyone will ever use or even need. Smart stay, smart scroll, & smart pause don't work in real world settings. It's a cool to show to your friends though. Only usable feature that i might find useful is the ability to use your phone with gloves. HTC One was really well thought out while Sammy just did the same ol' boring design. It really is a S3 on steriods. I think I'm getting the One.
    04-24-2013 01:57 PM
    I don't know...the S4 doesn't compel me like the HTC One does. Its got features...more than anyone will ever use or even need. Smart stay, smart scroll, & smart pause don't work in real world settings. It's a cool to show to your friends though. Only usable feature that i might find useful is the ability to use your phone with gloves. HTC One was really well thought out while Sammy just did the same ol' boring design. It really is a S3 on steriods. I think I'm getting the One.
    That just screams of bias. You base that on your personal view on one aspect of the S4. I could easily say that about the One. What has HTC really done that's so special if nothing that Samsung did is?

And yes I realize it is just your opinion.
    This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    04-24-2013 02:10 PM
    I like how when you hold the one in your hand and turn it back and forth all the viewing angles look beautiful and it screams exotic

Sent from my brilliant HTC One
    04-24-2013 02:36 PM
    I like how when you hold the one in your hand and turn it back and forth all the viewing angles look beautiful and it screams exotic

Sent from my brilliant HTC One
    It's a phone dude but it's impressively solid.
    Topgonzo likes this.
    04-24-2013 02:38 PM
    Another option would be to reply telling him what you think he is wrong about.

I was tempted to ignore your trolling post but decided nah, why not take the opportunity to be the very first to tell you congratulations, you have just shown the world how smart you are. Let the deluge of praise for your wisdom begin!
    04-25-2013 09:53 AM
    Read the review on Android police for the first comprehensive and honest review of this phone I have seen.
    04-29-2013 10:45 AM
    Of course it is. This weird obsession some Android users have with the iPhone sounds more like insecurity and immaturity than anything else.

uh, it is one of the best phones out right now.
    04-29-2013 10:50 AM
    I'm new to the forum and will be new to Android as well. I actually just came back from the AT&T store and spent about 45 minutes playing around with both the HTC One and the Galaxy S4. I am actually still on the fence about which phone I plan on upgrading too over the next few days. The AT&T store that I was at actually had the One, the S4 and the LG Optimus G all next to each other so I got what I think was some pretty good hands on. I was strongly considering the HTC One, but in all honesty I really like the feature set that the S4 offers. Though each phone has its own merits, I will probably buy the S4. Granted the build quality on the One is pretty good, and the front facing speakers which I really like, it really comes down to the software and features for me. Side by side, the blink feed is nearly identical to flip board(I think that's what it was). I watched a couple of movie trailers on both, mainly the Iron Man 3 trailer, and actually the video quality was a little better on the One. This isn't really a review because I'm not in any capacity to perform such a task, but to say that it is a fail is ignorant. I do like both, and I am sure that which ever phone anybody chooses, I am sure they will be happy. As for me, I was dead set on the One but like I mentioned earlier I will probably be buying the S4.

If only there was a way to put the software from the S4 into the body of the HTC One.......
    04-29-2013 11:03 AM
    I think this is a **** take thread to madlows HTC one =total fail thread over our way :-)

Sent from my HTC One ;-)
    04-29-2013 12:26 PM
    To each is own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Ahhhhh. So then you actually could care even less, but chose not to?
    04-29-2013 12:31 PM
    I'm definitely a geek and proud of it.
    Ha ha, I'm a little of both.
    04-29-2013 01:30 PM
    Ha ha, I'm a little of both.
    Haha whatever works for you.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    05-05-2013 11:51 AM
169 ... 4567