Samsung Galaxy S4=Total Fail?

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Everybody thinks this phone is going to be SO great! Sure i wanted to like it but its hard to like it with what it even looks like now. They should just call it the Samsung Galaxy s3s because all it is is a tiny update

1. 13MP camera? First of all who needs that on a cell phone. Phones are not desinged to take huge pictures its just going to clump up the file size. Anybody who wants realy pictures should get a real point and shoot. I personally will stick with the great HTC One line for a camera or even a 808 PureView

2. Air gestures and all that other crap to wave your hand over the phone. Theyre crap. sure they will be useful for a week but then they wont be used ever again. Also the whole 'working with gloves' thing is pointless i have thick motorcycle gloves that work on any phone i have used and they are trying to advertise it as a new feature.. Dont listen people!

3. Whats the point of an octo core processer?!?! nothing but sucking your battery is what its for. My computer doesnt even have an octo core processor and can play many games at the highest quality possible. Octo core processor is just samsungs way of feeling cooler, when it doesnt do anything different for the phone.

4. Contrary to popular belif the design HAS NOT changed. I will admit when my contract was up i wanted a note 2 but when i picked it up it felt like a fisher price toy. All they did with the new one was keep the same design and made a slightly larger screen. WHOO HUGE CHANGE! not.. ill stick with a 4.7 inch screen because even with my huge hands, 5 inches is idiotic. And from a screen standpoint it just cant compete with even the iphone 5

5. no new USEFUL features. I have seen NO innovation from this phone. HTC announced the One would have an ir blaster and look what the S4 did.. stole the idea. Good job sammy

As we all know the phone will sell well, there is no disputing that since samsung has great marketing. But i for one will not be getting this phone

koalabear

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I was tempted to ignore your trolling post but decided nah, why not take the opportunity to be the very first to tell you congratulations, you have just shown the world how smart you are. Let the deluge of praise for your wisdom begin!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So after reading this I take it you don't like Samsung in general or their products?

Point taken, were all entitled to our own choices in OEM/device.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So after reading this I take it you don't like Samsung in general or their products?

Point taken, were all entitled to our own choices in OEM/device.

Actaully i REALLY like the s2 i think it is a really great looking phone, but clearly it is an older phone and i wouldnt be picking it up again for fear of looking like a poor person in from of my buddies like i cant afford a newer phone..

TBH somebody posted another thread in the HTC one forums bashing on it and i was curious as to what the samsung fans would say if i bashed their phone. I do think the S4 has poteential but i will not be getting it due to those reasons. It is not the phone for me

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I see what you did here. While I don't agree with the title, and think both phones will be pretty f-ing nice, I have to love the way you make a mockery of fanboy trolling.

9/10.

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
One small thing to correct about that post. The Octa core is supposed to be better on the battery by switching from a higher powered Quad core to a low power Quad core. There are a few articles around here that can give more accurate details than my one sentence.

Older phone... Since my girlfriend pretty much keeps my Note 2 I'm rocking my Infuse all the time. LOL

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
TBH I'm still on the bubble as to which make of phone I would take. I like Samsung products but at the same time I can't ignore that nice chassis and a few other perks of the HTC One.

j510

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
clearly it is an older phone and i wouldnt be picking it up again for fear of looking like a poor person in from of my buddies like i cant afford a newer phone..

Youre either too self conscious or you need better friends. Then again i guess we all have our own definitions of being poor.

drewsg

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Some of us need a phone with a removable battery, some of us want a phone with an SD slot, some of even need both. For those we would say HTC has been a total fail since the EVO and their sales reflect that.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Proof?

I can definitely say that samsung makes very good phones INTERNALLY but externally... eh not so much

Your only arguments for all your points are "Who needs that?"
Just so you know, the octa core processor is 2 quad core processors. A set of A15 core and a set of A7 core. This combo leads to an improvement in battery life when compared to the S600.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bdog421

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I see what you did here. While I don't agree with the title, and think both phones will be pretty f-ing nice, I have to love the way you make a mockery of fanboy trolling.

9/10.

Is there really as many samsung trolls in the htc section, as there are htc trolls here? If so what a shame.

To the op, truth is the one is just another pretty face, nothing more, sorry but it's the true failure like it or not.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Is there really as many samsung trolls in the htc section, as there are htc trolls here? If so what a shame.
Even more, and not just HTC sections. Samsung/sdcard/omgremovablebattery trolls are everywhere. This isn't an AC-specific phenomenon, it's everywhere Android is discussed. I'm not judging, and honestly don't care how someone spends money that was never mine, but I had to chuckle at this thread.

bdog421

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Even more, and not just HTC sections. Samsung/sdcard/omgremovablebattery trolls are everywhere. This isn't an AC-specific phenomenon, it's everywhere Android is discussed. I'm not judging, and honestly don't care how someone spends money that was never mine, but I had to chuckle at this thread.

Lol well shame on them, you can call me a fanboy or whatever, at least I'll keep to the section I belong in.

This reminds me a lot of my days spent at pre central, as we all were trying to keep our beloved OS alive and in the end it wasn't meant to be...thankfully this is more about hardware choice than OS.

iPhone 5_to_GS4

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
There seem to be more people who do not understand the 8-core design than who do understand. There are two sets of quad core. One set that is FAST like other phones with quad-core design but there is another slower, less power sucking quad-core which is used for non-demanding processes. It is like a car with two engines. It will use the bigger engine which puts out 500 hp when fast acceleration is needed but it will use the gas sipping fuel efficient small engine with 60 hp for just cruising at 55 mph. Both engines will not work at the same time all the time.

ThisTechBoi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
cybergedeon_dont_feed_trolls.svg

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Everybody thinks this phone is going to be SO great! Sure i wanted to like it but its hard to like it with what it even looks like now. They should just call it the Samsung Galaxy s3s because all it is is a tiny update

1. 13MP camera? First of all who needs that on a cell phone. Phones are not desinged to take huge pictures its just going to clump up the file size. Anybody who wants realy pictures should get a real point and shoot. I personally will stick with the great HTC One line for a camera or even a 808 PureView

2. Air gestures and all that other crap to wave your hand over the phone. Theyre crap. sure they will be useful for a week but then they wont be used ever again. Also the whole 'working with gloves' thing is pointless i have thick motorcycle gloves that work on any phone i have used and they are trying to advertise it as a new feature.. Dont listen people!

3. Whats the point of an octo core processer?!?! nothing but sucking your battery is what its for. My computer doesnt even have an octo core processor and can play many games at the highest quality possible. Octo core processor is just samsungs way of feeling cooler, when it doesnt do anything different for the phone.

4. Contrary to popular belif the design HAS NOT changed. I will admit when my contract was up i wanted a note 2 but when i picked it up it felt like a fisher price toy. All they did with the new one was keep the same design and made a slightly larger screen. WHOO HUGE CHANGE! not.. ill stick with a 4.7 inch screen because even with my huge hands, 5 inches is idiotic. And from a screen standpoint it just cant compete with even the iphone 5

5. no new USEFUL features. I have seen NO innovation from this phone. HTC announced the One would have an ir blaster and look what the S4 did.. stole the idea. Good job sammy

As we all know the phone will sell well, there is no disputing that since samsung has great marketing. But i for one will not be getting this phone
I can't help but think you only made this cause you somehow took personally the fact that someone made this kind of topic for the One and couldn't rest until you avenged your precious phone.

1) Why wouldn't someone want that in their cell phone camera? There are pictures posted that were taken by the S4, and they look good so there's your answer. I love how you criticize Samsung's way of making a better camera but act like the One's is way better without saying why. Obviously you're grasping for straws with this one. Also, you talk about file size for the pictures/ Uh, you realize you can put them on a PC when the memory starts getting low or you know get a damn SD card because UNLIKE the One, the S4 has expandable memory.

2) There is a 99.99999999% chance you have NEVER used the air gestures so you saying they;re crap has no credibility whatsoever. You wanna talk about don't listen to Samsung? How about we don't listen to HTC about having BeatsAudio in the One cause honestly they mention it so much like it's the first phone to have it which is far from true.

3) The point of an octo-core processor is that it's there for people who want it. Honestly, you act like Samsung has insulted you for giving that choice. If you don't like it then get the quad-core version and quit whining about such a stupid argument.

4) Have you seen the screen? Whether or not it's the best screen will vary from person to person, but to say it can't compete to the iPhone 5 alone proves you are nothing but a shameless Samsung hater that will talk crap just for the sake of showing off your blind hate. Jerry had some hands-on time with it and said it looks amazing, you haven't. Who do you think people should believe? Especially since the rest of your arguments are thinner than a piece of tissue paper that's been rubbed over with grease.

5) Just because you don't think they're useful DOES NOT in any sense make it true. Some people may find them useful, it's up to you to decide what's innovative and what isn't. Get over yourself. I bet you'd flip out if someone were to say that the One had no innovation in it either.

There you go, every single one of your arguments have been picked apart with absolutely no difficulty. And honestly, I pity everyone that has read your post because personally I think reading it gave me cancer.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
OP, that has got to be the most un-useful post to date. Why? BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T USED THE FREAKIN' THING!!!! Now, I would respect your "opinions" if you had actually used it, but you haven't so your whole post and points are moot. MOOT. Let me spell it again......MOOT!

Besides, some people would prefer a fully functional phone with more bells and whistles than a train factory that actually does something productive than have a phone that looks pretty, but has been severed at the knees and given a lobotomy. Like it. Lick it. Love it, or go home.