Samsung Galaxy S4=Total Fail?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Everybody thinks this phone is going to be SO great! Sure i wanted to like it but its hard to like it with what it even looks like now. They should just call it the Samsung Galaxy s3s because all it is is a tiny update

1. 13MP camera? First of all who needs that on a cell phone. Phones are not desinged to take huge pictures its just going to clump up the file size. Anybody who wants realy pictures should get a real point and shoot. I personally will stick with the great HTC One line for a camera or even a 808 PureView

2. Air gestures and all that other crap to wave your hand over the phone. Theyre crap. sure they will be useful for a week but then they wont be used ever again. Also the whole 'working with gloves' thing is pointless i have thick motorcycle gloves that work on any phone i have used and they are trying to advertise it as a new feature.. Dont listen people!

3. Whats the point of an octo core processer?!?! nothing but sucking your battery is what its for. My computer doesnt even have an octo core processor and can play many games at the highest quality possible. Octo core processor is just samsungs way of feeling cooler, when it doesnt do anything different for the phone.

4. Contrary to popular belif the design HAS NOT changed. I will admit when my contract was up i wanted a note 2 but when i picked it up it felt like a fisher price toy. All they did with the new one was keep the same design and made a slightly larger screen. WHOO HUGE CHANGE! not.. ill stick with a 4.7 inch screen because even with my huge hands, 5 inches is idiotic. And from a screen standpoint it just cant compete with even the iphone 5

5. no new USEFUL features. I have seen NO innovation from this phone. HTC announced the One would have an ir blaster and look what the S4 did.. stole the idea. Good job sammy

As we all know the phone will sell well, there is no disputing that since samsung has great marketing. But i for one will not be getting this phone

Anybody with this strong of "belif"s certainly deserves to be taken seriously. And obviously samsung waited to see what htc unveiled so they could copy it and still release the phone before the "one" (the one was the first phone to ever have an ir blaster for anyone who didn't know that, I think they even invented the ir blaster, and ir.... )

And anybody who actually uses the camera on their phones is such a loser. That's why I carry my cannon around in my fanny pack like any normal human being thank you very little

Sent from my Note 2

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow, you must be fun at a party.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Sooo much this! Haha

Op..... First off, you are missing so many points and topics you could compare them on it is funny. Secondly, you seem to have some sort of grudge against Samsung. Why do I say this? Because of the title of your thread, the flaccid arguments, or attempts therein you make, and the fact that you have not used them.

You have been Branded.... AN HTC FANBOI!

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys really being serious right now? OP is trolling your forum like an S4 fan trolled the One forums. He's not being serious. You guys should spend some more time outside of the bubble here and visit other parts of the forums.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys really being serious right now? OP is trolling your forum like an S4 fan trolled the One forums. He's not being serious. You guys should spend some more time outside of the bubble here and visit other parts of the forums.

I try to spread my sarcasm around equally and I don't take a thread like this seriously at all

Sent from my Note 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I try to spread my sarcasm around equally and I don't take a thread like this seriously at all

Sent from my Note 2

Wasn't directed towards you because your posts had plenty of sarcasm in them too!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

We know! Most of us keep it going cause it's breaks the same-ol same-ol.....nothing more, nothing less.

Tony2255

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Everybody thinks this phone is going to be SO great! Sure i wanted to like it but its hard to like it with what it even looks like now. They should just call it the Samsung Galaxy s3s because all it is is a tiny update

1. 13MP camera? First of all who needs that on a cell phone. Phones are not desinged to take huge pictures its just going to clump up the file size. Anybody who wants realy pictures should get a real point and shoot. I personally will stick with the great HTC One line for a camera or even a 808 PureView

2. Air gestures and all that other crap to wave your hand over the phone. Theyre crap. sure they will be useful for a week but then they wont be used ever again. Also the whole 'working with gloves' thing is pointless i have thick motorcycle gloves that work on any phone i have used and they are trying to advertise it as a new feature.. Dont listen people!

3. Whats the point of an octo core processer?!?! nothing but sucking your battery is what its for. My computer doesnt even have an octo core processor and can play many games at the highest quality possible. Octo core processor is just samsungs way of feeling cooler, when it doesnt do anything different for the phone.

4. Contrary to popular belif the design HAS NOT changed. I will admit when my contract was up i wanted a note 2 but when i picked it up it felt like a fisher price toy. All they did with the new one was keep the same design and made a slightly larger screen. WHOO HUGE CHANGE! not.. ill stick with a 4.7 inch screen because even with my huge hands, 5 inches is idiotic. And from a screen standpoint it just cant compete with even the iphone 5

5. no new USEFUL features. I have seen NO innovation from this phone. HTC announced the One would have an ir blaster and look what the S4 did.. stole the idea. Good job sammy

As we all know the phone will sell well, there is no disputing that since samsung has great marketing. But i for one will not be getting this phone

I tend to agree with your points but that is what make a smart company...stay with what sells. I have used the Samsung line I phones and BlackBerry and find that all companies tend to stay with what works for a little longer than we woukd like but hey they're making money and people are still buying the ohines.

Samsung will change it up soon they will have to. Think it's been since 2007 since apple brought out the iphone and it has seen very little change, took BlackBerry 12 years to make a change but wow what a change it is.

All that to say that Samsung makes a great product and if yiu are bored switch devices, you never know you may be back on Samsung before yiu know it.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I'm not an "S4 fan". I'm a phone fan, not loyal to any brand or OS.

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll let you HTC, Samsung, Sony, Motorola lovers know how key lime pie is. And 6 months after that I'll remind you, while you're still waiting. Then once you get it I'll ask you how you liked it for the one week it was on your phone before the next version is released. Rinse, repeat. :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I'm loving 4.2.2 so far. :D

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Rockbeast

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
This reminds me a lot of my days spent at pre central, as we all were trying to keep our beloved OS alive and in the end it wasn't meant to be...thankfully this is more about hardware choice than OS.
Long live webOS...even if it may only be in our memories... :'(

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm severely disappointed in the Note 3 as well. Not sure wtf Sammy was thinking, but it's nowhere near what the nerds were asking for. This winter there will be many sad pandas :(

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Should this thread be shut down? How is this helping anyone? I would understand if this was based off actual usage or valid review. But it's just based of nothing.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Should this thread be shut down? How is this helping anyone? I would understand if this was based off actual usage or valid review. But it's just based of nothing.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

It's fake to boot!

- - - Updated - - -

What now?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Sorry, I just wanted to be the first to review it and spew forth needless hate towards a device that will of course be awesome, but not satisfy nerds anywhere. I thought we were reviewing devices we haven't touched with sardonic commentary based on the silliness of forum junkies :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It's fake to boot!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I just wanted to be the first to review it and spew forth needless hate towards a device that will of course be awesome, but not satisfy nerds anywhere. I thought we were reviewing devices we haven't touched with sardonic commentary based on the silliness of forum junkies :)

I just resent the nerd comment. ..
Nerds are socially awkward people. ..Geeks are tech savvy enthusiasts....

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk