Samsung Galaxy S4=Total Fail?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I just resent the nerd comment. ..
Nerds are socially awkward people. ..Geeks are tech savvy enthusiasts....

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

So what are you saying, the One is for nerds and the S4 is for geeks? What happens if I like both, am I now both a nerd and a geek? ;)

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the word geek was alive and in use before electronic devices began luring people into addiction.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the word geek was alive and in use before electronic devices began luring people into addiction.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Lol im pretty sure there has been geeks since before the word was around. I'm pretty sure Thomas Edison was a geek. Electronic devices have been around about longer than you apparently think.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

cbrehob

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Op on many things, a lot of the innovations into the S4 are lame and worthless. With the S3 I disabled almost all of the gestures.

However the 13 megapixil camera would make me buy the phone in itself. I do not need to carry a separate camera to take stunning photos, I just use my S3. So now if I can almost double the quality of photos I snap, more power too me.

I also want the temperature and humidity sensors, those will be extremely useful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Op on many things, a lot of the innovations into the S4 are lame and worthless. With the S3 I disabled almost all of the gestures.

However the 13 megapixil camera would make me buy the phone in itself. I do not need to carry a separate camera to take stunning photos, I just use my S3. So now if I can almost double the quality of photos I snap, more power too me.

I also want the temperature and humidity sensors, those will be extremely useful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You do realize that the op is a troll and it's all the htc fanboys who are thanking him...

First thing he bashes is the camera which is the reason you want the phone. Secondly the phone overall has the same design concept as the s3 and note 2 (OMG the humanity!) but does have a larger screen and thinner case.

And who said you have to use every available gesture to buy the phone. I'm sick of all the htc people saying they're not going to buy this phone because they think the gestures are a gimmick, please... You're not buying this phone because it says samsung on the front. That's like me saying I won't buy the one because blink feed is a gimmick. Actually that's a good argument because you can't turn blink feed off. So it's really more like saying I won't buy the one because I don't like the wallpaper.

Sent from my Note 2

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
If you go to the HTC forum you will find a thread called HTC One - Total Fail? And know what? It looks very similar to this one with the HTC crowd getting all huffy about their new pet. It's an interesting study in crowd behavior and tribal clannishness. Jane Goodall should look into this.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If you go to the HTC forum you will find a thread called HTC One - Total Fail? And know what? It looks very similar to this one with the HTC crowd getting all huffy about their new pet. It's an interesting study in crowd behavior and tribal clannishness. Jane Goodall should look into this.

Yeah, I've posted in that one as well and most of it is trolling. And the big difference is everyone knows that the s4 won't be a fail. It's a suped up s3 and the s3 has dominated everything recently (and yes I understand the role marketing plays in that). There was no guarantees with the one especially when it was just being announced and no one had any real world experience with it. The s4 will outsell the one easily, that's just a given, but I don't think either phone will be a fail.

Sent from my Note 2

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've posted in that one as well and most of it is trolling. And the big difference is everyone knows that the s4 won't be a fail. It's a suped up s3 and the s3 has dominated everything recently (and yes I understand the role marketing plays in that). There was no guarantees with the one especially when it was just being announced and no one had any real world experience with it. The s4 will outsell the one easily, that's just a given, but I don't think either phone will be a fail.

Sent from my Note 2

Neither will be a fail. I had the DNA for a short time - I just liked the S3 better, But the DNA was a really really REALLY nice phone and fast. The One will be more of the same. And i think it's a work of art. The S4 is good looking, but not on the scale of the One - which is entirely my subjective opinion of course. I have a fetish for nice machine-work. Sue me :p. Point is there is so little difference in terms of performance between the top end phones that they should all find their places in the market.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Robert Heinlein used the word "geek" waaaaaaay long ago. I think the story I read was Korean-war era. The context implied ratting out someone to the police. So I guess it's changed meaning a bit.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Jane did and she is getting the S4. :p

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Sure have there are a ton of HTC bashing going on in there

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

HTC has a lot of disgruntled current and former customers. There are a lot of people who dislike samsung just because they're popular right now so the cool thing to do is hate. Just like in androids infancy when ios was way better

Sent from my Note 2

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
HTC has a lot of disgruntled current and former customers. There are a lot of people who dislike samsung just because they're popular right now so the cool thing to do is hate. Just like in androids infancy when ios was way better

Sent from my Note 2

That's usually how it goes.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

ThisTechBoi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Have you seen the "Nexus 4 = Total Fail?" thread yet? The guys over there at the Nexus forums felt left out of being trolled, so they made their own "total fail?" thread with some pretty funny posts!

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you seen the "Nexus 4 = Total Fail?" thread yet? The guys over there at the Nexus forums felt left out of being trolled, so they made their own "total fail?" thread with some pretty funny posts!

I'll have to check it out, sounds funny

Sent from my Note 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463