Samsung Galaxy S4=Total Fail?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Definitely one of the best threads going :)
Agreed. It's nice that there are still some people (well at least one person there still feels the need to take things too seriously), that can joke around about stuff that everyone feels the need to have a war over.

ThisTechBoi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm hardcore both so I get called both a lot... sorry, I just assume they're the same word. ;)

geek-nerd.jpg

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm. I'm an electronics engineer who knows waaaaaaaaayyyy too much about DEC computers - mostly the PDP series, because I love toggling in bootloaders - and I have also worked as a software engineer. I suppose that puts me in the geek camp. However I like Lord of the Rings movies (especially Return of the King) and Star Trek. And the older I get the easier I find it to talk to girls, probably because I'm no longer much of a threat :p So I'm not sure where that puts me on the geek <----> nerd spectrum!

ThisTechBoi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmm. I'm an electronics engineer who knows waaaaaaaaayyyy too much about DEC computers - mostly the PDP series, because I love toggling in bootloaders - and I have also worked as a software engineer. I suppose that puts me in the geek camp. However I like Lord of the Rings movies (especially Return of the King) and Star Trek. And the older I get the easier I find it to talk to girls, probably because I'm no longer much of a threat :p So I'm not sure where that puts me on the geek <----> nerd spectrum!
GeekAlert.bmp

And, I couldn't resist; is this you?
Ninjas,-Jedis-and-Lonely-Nerds.jpg

*highfive* :beer:

z205099164.gif

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I could care less what people think... My friend had mad money and didn't want any Internet phones.
To each is own.
I feel if I going to have Internet phone... It's going to be one I like.
As far as the galaxy s4::?
If you don't like, don't buy one lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

ThisTechBoi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Except for the part where my spine telescopes when I catch the girl and they have to call TWO ambulances, you nailed it. :)
And then me and xlDeMoNiClx will kind of reenact this:

ambulance.png

(as you can see, I'm a fan of Cyanide and Happiness)

I could care less what people think... My friend had mad money and didn't want any Internet phones.
To each is own.
I feel if I going to have Internet phone... It's going to be one I like.
As far as the galaxy s4::?
If you don't like, don't buy one lol
Stop posting on topic, this thread has been hijacked, if you haven't noticed. The topic is now about whether you're a geek or a nerd or a hybrid. (neek? gerd...?)

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I am started to get bored with the same ol' Samsung galaxy design and UI interface... Hard to get excited about this S4

If you read the reviews it technically isn't the exact same design. ;) As for the UI, just put a different launcher like Nova on there. That's what I'm doing.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's a total fail..there are some neat things going on with Samsung. Just not as many cosmetic changes as we see with HTC. I think HTC decided to produce a better build quality knowing they weren't having to produce as many handsets to the public. It's like a Mercedes...sure they produce less per year compared to Ford and in the end its based on what feels right for the targeted audience.

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's a total fail..there are some neat things going on with Samsung. Just not as many cosmetic changes as we see with HTC. I think HTC decided to produce a better build quality knowing they weren't having to produce as many handsets to the public. It's like a Mercedes...sure they produce less per year compared to Ford and in the end its based on what feels right for the targeted audience.
I agree, and I think that HTC and Samsung just chose different paths. Samsung already had a great phone, so it just improved on the S3 and added features to make the device user-friendly, while HTC went with a completely new design, and just tried to add a few software changes (Sense, flipboard, zoe). Maybe HTC realized that people make a big deal about the aluminum and 'premium' feel of the iPhones, and wanted to be seen as a good luxury phone maker. Samsung seems perfectly happy catering to everybody who made the S3 such a big success.

saco274

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't know...the S4 doesn't compel me like the HTC One does. Its got features...more than anyone will ever use or even need. Smart stay, smart scroll, & smart pause don't work in real world settings. It's a cool to show to your friends though. Only usable feature that i might find useful is the ability to use your phone with gloves. HTC One was really well thought out while Sammy just did the same ol' boring design. It really is a S3 on steriods. I think I'm getting the One.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know...the S4 doesn't compel me like the HTC One does. Its got features...more than anyone will ever use or even need. Smart stay, smart scroll, & smart pause don't work in real world settings. It's a cool to show to your friends though. Only usable feature that i might find useful is the ability to use your phone with gloves. HTC One was really well thought out while Sammy just did the same ol' boring design. It really is a S3 on steriods. I think I'm getting the One.

That just screams of bias. You base that on your personal view on one aspect of the S4. I could easily say that about the One. What has HTC really done that's so special if nothing that Samsung did is?

And yes I realize it is just your opinion.
This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon