AT&T Galaxy S4 16GB for $200 and 32GB for $250 on contract!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Continuing our legacy as the first carrier to launch Samsung?s Galaxy series, we are excited to announce AT&T customers will be able to begin pre-ordering the Galaxy S? 4 beginning April 16 for $249.99* with a two-year commitment. We are proud to offer this iconic device and continue to offer our customers the best smartphone line-up, with a variety of devices for every lifestyle and budget. For more information and to pre-order, please visit Samsung Galaxy S4 with Smart Scroll - Coming Soon from AT&T.

*Update: The 32GB model will be $249.99 with a two-year commitment and the 16GB model will be $199.99 with a two-year commitment.

Samsung Galaxy S 4 pricing and pre-sales

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see att offer choices of internal storage on the galaxy line. I do not think they have done that before.

Since I would buy off contract and have an extra 64 GB card, I would go for the 16GB model.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Definitely a much better price point. Was legit concerned for them had $250 been the final starting price.

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yep, directory bind. Can only get to it while rooted though, at least that's how it is with the S3.

Is that normally an issue for people? Do people root and unroot their phones often? I know my Nexus 7 has been rooted since day one and has never been unrooted.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/265645-galaxy-s4-will-32gb-64gb.html#post2680705

According to this the micro SD card CANNOT be used for app storage! Correct?

Incorrect.
I move games and other apps all the time to my sd card and they work fine. They just now only down load to your internal storage, but they can be moved to the sd card. This rumor was started by the shortcomings of the HTC one, and I wish the fanboys would stop spreading FUD.

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Is that normally an issue for people? Do people root and unroot their phones often? I know my Nexus 7 has been rooted since day one and has never been unrooted.

Root and unroot? I'd say no, unless they just want to install updates. The only people that'd have a problem with storage are people with 16GB phones who have tons of apps, mp3, or movies and aren't tech savvy and don't know what a root is. And even then it isn't that much of a problem because most people like that will just put the media files on the SD card.

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Rooted, I am sure this could be circumvented.

That is correct you cannot put apps on the SD card post ICS 4.0. I do know on the GS3 running JB 4.1.2 there were directory binds and other things you could do once rooted but it was also stated that once JB 4.2.x came along and above those directory binds would no longer be an option. I am not sure if that is truly the case but it is food for thought. I am opting for the 32GB GS4, but would much rather have the 64GB GS4 with 64GB microSD card (which I have from my GS3).

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Incorrect.
I move games and other apps all the time to my sd card and they work fine. They just now only down load to your internal storage, but they can be moved to the sd card. This rumor was started by the shortcomings of the HTC one, and I wish the fanboys would stop spreading FUD.

The One has nothing to do with anything. This was a problem to some with the S3.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The One has nothing to do with anything. This was a problem to some with the S3.

I just ran a few tests on my evo3d still on ics, all old apps can move to sd card. But I found 2 new games that refuse to move to sd card. I thunk its more about google no longer supporting the sd card. But I could be wrong.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/265645-galaxy-s4-will-32gb-64gb.html#post2680705

According to this the micro SD card CANNOT be used for app storage! Correct?

Correct, but back when you could store apps to SD they partitioned the storage so that only some of it-like 2 to 4 GB was reserved for apps. Now they are partitioned so the entire 16GB or whatever the internal storage is can be used for apps. That is a lot of app storage. I use my sd card for music, photos and video on my note 2 and three cloud accounts for my Nexus 4.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
That is correct you cannot put apps on the SD card post ICS 4.0. I do know on the GS3 running JB 4.1.2 there were directory binds and other things you could do once rooted but it was also stated that once JB 4.2.x came along and above those directory binds would no longer be an option. I am not sure if that is truly the case but it is food for thought. I am opting for the 32GB GS4, but would much rather have the 64GB GS4 with 64GB microSD card (which I have from my GS3).

I would also rather have internal storage instead of sd card storage since it is faster and more reliable.

If I were to get the s4 it will be the 16GB model since I am paying full price, have a extra 64 GB class 10 card and it is backing up my note 2, not my daily driver. Not sure what to do with my nexus 4 though since KLP is getting closer! Decisions, decisions!