05-26-2013 09:29 AM
39 12
tools
    I know it's in Russian, but we don't need to understand what he's saying to see what he's doing:

Fast forward to about 5 minutes into the video. First he shows off the air gestures but then, while holding his hand still he looks up and down on the screen and the phone responds by scrolling a web page up and down. Here I thought this only works with you tilting the phone slightly to scroll up and down. Weird. From what I understood, this was the Octa Version of the phone and it scored above 13000 in Quadrant.

He also was able to use air touch as a magnifier in the browser.

Either way, cool stuff I hadn't seen yet, thought I'd share.
    04-03-2013 06:13 PM
    Is it me or after the video it shows big boobs as a suggested video to watch
    04-03-2013 07:13 PM
    Look like it.

Still, what a lame feature. I highly, highly doubt it'll work as advertised even a majority of the time. And even then, it's still undeniably inferior to a finger swipe in almost any situation.
    04-03-2013 07:58 PM
    Geeeesh man this is making me crazy I cant wait!
    04-03-2013 09:52 PM
    Look like it.

Still, what a lame feature. I highly, highly doubt it'll work as advertised even a majority of the time. And even then, it's still undeniably inferior to a finger swipe in almost any situation.
    Not gonna know until the phone comes out.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    04-03-2013 10:02 PM
    Looks promising. I've only seen a couple of sources to confirm the eye tracking (to scroll) works.

Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon's something, something.
    04-04-2013 09:12 AM
    Very interesting. The feature itself IMHO is very gimmicky, but still, very interesting.

Is it me or after the video it shows big boobs as a suggested video to watch
    It's just you.
    04-04-2013 09:54 AM
    Not gonna know until the phone comes out.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    lol exactly!! Sheesh man, some people are quick to jump the gun!! I guess the hate is too strong to hold back! lol!
    04-04-2013 09:55 AM
    Is this and the air swipe (if you want to call it that) use the front camera or sensors? Only asking because the S3 is apparently meant to get many features from the S4 so just wondering is this would be one heading for S3?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    04-04-2013 10:32 AM
    lol exactly!! Sheesh man, some people are quick to jump the gun!! I guess the hate is too strong to hold back! lol!
    lol and here we go again.

This is going to be my next phone. Don't be so quick to label every criticism as hate. He's right that we won't know for sure until the phone is out, but it's not unreasonable to call it gimmicky right now. By its very nature (assuming it works 100% of the time as you want it) it's situational at best. I'll definitely be turning this off, especially for battery savings as reported by several reviews so far.
    ubigred and satannik like this.
    04-04-2013 10:36 AM
    Look like it.

There are time that I don't want to touch my phone with dirty or sandy hands but the best example for me is this. In the summer I can get very sweaty hands and have difficulty with the screen. Of course this doesn't mean it will work or if I will use it but what the heck, it's worth a shot.
    04-04-2013 10:51 AM
    Look like it.

Hate is strong with this one Obi Wan
    04-04-2013 10:52 AM
    Hate is strong with this one Obi Wan
    04-04-2013 11:11 AM

This is going to be my next phone. Don't be so quick to label every criticism as hate. He's right that we won't know for sure until the phone is out, but it's not unreasonable to call it gimmicky right now. By its very nature (assuming it works 100% of the time as you want it) it's situational at best. I'll definitely be turning this off, especially for battery savings as reported by several reviews so far.
    lol Try it for a week, bet you would probably leave it on then
    04-04-2013 11:12 AM

My apologies for 'Hate' labeling you Love! Should of used 'critique' instead but that wouldn't of sounded right, lol! Regardless, we'll all be able to 'critique' the device when we have it in our hands. I agree with turning it off to save battery life though.
    04-04-2013 11:22 AM
    I can imagine this feature would be pretty nifty for reading a book or long text on a website, but that's probably about it. I wonder how well it'd work lying down on a flat surface.
    04-04-2013 11:26 AM
    Look like it.

You must like using flip phones.

I for one love that if I have to look up from a video or a game it will pause it!
    04-04-2013 11:59 AM
    They're just ignorant.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    04-05-2013 07:42 AM

Here we go again with the gimmick label, until the phone is released then it is unreasonable.

04-05-2013 07:43 AM
    Here we go again with the gimmick label, until the phone is released then it is unreasonable.

Exactly, I cant stand when people use that term as if it were deragotory... For all of those who do not actually know the definition of gimmick, I think the S4 fits in nicely with 3 maybe 4 of them.
    Definition of GIMMICK

a : a mechanical device for secretly and dishonestly controlling gambling apparatus
    b : an ingenious or novel mechanical device : gadget
    a : an important feature that is not immediately apparent : catch
    b : an ingenious and usually new scheme or angle

c : a trick or device used to attract business or attention
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.
    04-05-2013 09:35 AM
    Exactly, I cant stand when people use that term as if it were deragotory... For all of those who do not actually know the definition of gimmick, I think the S4 fits in nicely with 3 maybe 4 of them.
    Definition of GIMMICK

a : a mechanical device for secretly and dishonestly controlling gambling apparatus

Agreed. I can't take anyone who tries to use the term in a negative way seriously.

04-05-2013 10:35 AM

I don't know why you are buying this phone...? This means that people in this forum are going to have to go thru atleast two years of hearing you moan about how every little detail of this phone is "inferior" because you happen to think so.
    04-05-2013 10:45 AM
    Definition of GIMMICK

In this context the word gimmick has become an insult. Meanings of words change with usage. Just like how the word f@ggot technicall means "bundle of sticks"... but I bet you won't be able to say that to a gay person without offending them!
    04-05-2013 10:49 AM
    In this context the word gimmick has become an insult. Meanings of words change with usage. Just like how the word f@ggot technicall means "bundle of sticks"... but I bet you won't be able to say that to a gay person without offending them!
    I agree completely, doesnt make it any less ignorant. ;-)

People will bash on anything they want, so it is no big deal, it just makes me laugh on the inside, sometimes on the outside.
    04-05-2013 11:36 AM
    The S4 is my next phone and has been on preorder for 2 days now. I don't know if these software functions will be useful in everyday life but I would personally rather have the option to turn something off and not use it than not even have the option to start with.
    I am looking forward to getting back to a decent sized screen as the iPhone 5 is a little too small for my liking.
    04-05-2013 02:50 PM
39 12