How do you use up your storage space on your phone?

What takes up the bulk of your storage space on your phone?

• Total voters

iPhone 5_to_GS4

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a 16 gb iPhone and I have more than half of it empty. So I plan to buy a 16 gb GS4.
I am curious how people fill up his/her 16gb or 32 or even 64 gb of storage space. Why would anyone need 128gb of space?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
On my GS3 is all my music (9GB) and photos on my 32GB MicroSD Card, which Im just gonna easily switch to my GS4
My phone storage will be mostly apps

ThisTechBoi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to use my 16gb/32gb space plus the MicroSD card for all of those. Music, Games (apps), Files and documents (ebooks to read etc.) and Photos and/or Videos to, well, watch.
I have a 16GB iPod Touch and I must say, the space does get tiny for me a lot of the time, so I'll be getting a 32GB version of the phone if it's not too expensive - and, well, if they even sell it when the 16GB hits the shelves. Or else, a 16 GB with a 64GB SD card will do :)
I'm pretty sure I don't need 32GB worth of apps....

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I love computer software resulting in me having tons of apps and I'm a hopeless audiophile that has just discovered Spotify. That alone has caused me to use up most of my phone space.

I should have seen it coming. I was the guy that was told he was never going to use up 80 gigs on his iPod. I proceeded to use up 60 +. When I got it. I guess being that this is my first Smartphone, I never really thought about storage space. In retrospect, I should have at least bought a 32 gig one.

Edit: As far as 128 gigs go, it's a bit excessive for me in when it comes to smartphone usage but would great for a media device. I've had my iPod for 6 years and if it wasn't for storage becoming an issue I wouldn't see myself replacing it in the next few years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
75 to 80 apps in the internal storage. No games. I have all my games on my Nexus 7 or ipad. I use my SD card for music, pictures and videos of my kids which eat huge amounts of storage. I eventually transfer them to a hard drive but like having the space on my phone.

On my Nexus 4, I have a different situation. Have only loaded about 65 apps and use 3 cloud accounts and google play music for my music. Still have about 10 GB or space, but I watch I all the time and have the photos on auto upload to the cloud.

I prefer local storage to the cloud. While the cloud is nice to have it is much slower to transfer etc especially if you are transferring video...

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Internal storage is mainly games. SD card has music, movies, pictures, TiBu backups and nandroids. The nandroids take up a lot of space and I usually have a couple saved off. I also have a lot of music on my phone because I take the train to work and there isn't reception most of the way so the cloud isn't an option (although I do heavily use Amazon's cloud player).

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Not games, that's what my Nexus 10 is for. I'd only have music as my phone is my music player too, and any other random utility apps and the occasionally document.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My 64GB SD card is stuffed to the max with nothing but music, and it still is not enough. Internal is for apps, pics, and videos.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My EDM folder....

Size: 25.0 GB (26,889,412,960.00 bytes)
Contains: 315 files, 11 folders

.....I seriously have to start managing and erasing some files, lol!

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Mostly Pictures and apps. Think I have nearly 3gb of apps just to theme my phone and 8gb of pictures/wallpapers.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Music, then movies ripped with Handbrake. Been watching movies from the 30's & 40's lately. Hope to get a 32Gb GS4 whenever Verizon offers them.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Since we have no choice with Jellybean, all the games and apps are on the phone storage, all my music and pics are on my 64 GB Sandisk Class 10 card. I only have about 2 GB left, and the only reason why I have any room left is because I don't install all of my games. Some of these games are huge and take up 2 GB or even more, I am in dire need of more onboard storage. If I can get my hands on a Note 3 with 64 Gb when it's released, I will!

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Games and apps on 16GB of internal storage. I have about 2 GB left. Videos and pics on a 32GB sd card. All music in the cloud. I still use my Zune120 for music and that only has about 30GB free. When I get the S4 I'll get at least 32GB of internal storage, but if available I'll grab the 64GB version.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Apps *have* to be installed to internal storage. For many, that's no big deal as most apps are pretty small in size; but if you're into games, they can start to take up space quickly.

Obviously media storage needs vary from user to user, but you can also add an SD card to offload those types of files from the internal builtin storage if desired.

I have a 16GB S3 with a 32GB SD card. To be honest, I don't even come close to using it all. I don't have any game apps, and while I have a decent amount of music in cloud storage via Google Music, I don't really have that much saved to the device. I also don't really take that many pics or videos, so for me storage isn't that big of deal. For me, nandroid backups seem to consume the most of storage, if we're being honest -- but I clear out old backups regularly anyway, so even that's not a big deal.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463