Samsung will port some features from the S4 into 4.2.2 for the S3 but what features do you think Samsung will actually bring to the it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    04-07-2013 08:31 AM
    Do we have a current breakdown of the new features, I would expect S-Health to be one so they can push the accessories. Too bad their heart monitor is a chest strap, they should have partnered with Jawbone or FitBit to get something else going. I would be more inclined to use the Jawbone band or replace my older FitBit.
    04-07-2013 09:24 AM
    The new smart features like Smart scroll/pause, Floating Touch,S features will be available on S3 and Note 2.
    Floating touch? You mean air view?
    I dont think that will because its a hardware thing and nkt software. Its to do with the digitizer

04-08-2013 06:16 AM
    The new smart features like Smart scroll/pause, Floating Touch,S features will be available on S3 and Note 2.
    Air view won't and can't. There is no infrared sensor on the S3
    04-08-2013 09:12 AM
    Air view won't and can't. There is no infrared sensor on the S3
    InfraRed has nothing to do with the hover touch feature... InfraRed allows you to use the phone as a remote.
    04-08-2013 09:57 AM
    InfraRed has nothing to do with the hover touch feature... InfraRed allows you to use the phone as a remote.
    I'm not talking about the IR blaster, I'm talking about the IR sensor on the front of the phone which IS used for Air View
    04-08-2013 10:23 AM
    I'm not talking about the IR blaster, I'm talking about the IR sensor on the front of the phone which IS used for Air View
    I didnt even know it was used by infrared, I didnt even know what it used at all

04-08-2013 10:25 AM
    I didnt even know it was used by infrared, I didnt even know what it used at all

It's basically an enhanced temperature sensor which is so sensitive it picks up when your finger is hovering over the display
    04-08-2013 10:27 AM
    Ah, no it is not. That sensor is used for air gestures, such as scrolling. Air view is for looking at dropdown tabs or other things on a website. It can also be used to preview email and texts.
    This is done with the digitizer, not any IR.

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d
    04-08-2013 10:29 AM
    Ah, no it is not. That sensor is used for air gestures, such as scrolling. Air view is for looking at dropdown tabs or other things on a website. It can also be used to preview email and texts.
    This is done with the digitizer, not any IR.

So if its done by the digitizer how does it pick up your finger thats it close to the screen, it must be a heat sensor like someome said above

04-08-2013 10:47 AM
    So if its done by the digitizer how does it pick up your finger thats it close to the screen, it must be a heat sensor like someome said above

And how much heat does the S-pen give off again? Yet the S4 works in the cold or heat and with a knife, fork, pen, even can work with a cellphone interacting with the screen. Heat isn't it. Nice try.

04-08-2013 10:53 AM
    And how much heat does the S-pen give off again? Yet the S4 works in the cold or heat and with a knife, fork, pen, even can work with a cellphone interacting with the screen. Heat isn't it. Nice try.

The S-Pen works with a Wacom digitizer, however Air View on the S4 does not as there is no "chip" in your finger to communicate with that type of digitizer. It uses a combination of an extremely sensitive capacitive touch digitizer and a heat sensor (AKA as an IR sensor)
    04-08-2013 10:57 AM

The s-spen works by electrons that sense the electrons on the screen

04-08-2013 11:38 AM