Who has preordered their Galaxy S4??

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I agree, but if someone buys it unlocked online, its better than buying it from a carrier at the store
I agree, its one of the reasons I chose to start migrating to AT&T for my phones. Eventually they should support Global LTE so eventually we should be covered.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't think an entire thread for this question is needed so I'll post it in here since it seems like enough people use AT&T. How much do you all with unlocked phones pay a month to use AT&T and what is your plan type? I had planned on cancelling Sprint and buying one of the S4/One unlocked and going to T-Mobile, but I just found out the most they have in my area is 2G and I'd rather my connection be faster than molasses.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Unlocked phones still get charged the same plan rates as locked phones. Only T-Mobile is touting their uncarrier plans. AT&T & Verizon will milk that as long as they can.

SNAFU

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Oddly Sprint Stores where I live are pushing the HTC One and the Iphone 5, they wont comment on any S4 Pre-Orders.... :-\

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Should've figured as much. Thanks mate.

Verizon is saying they will do the new "uncarrier" thing like T-Mobile, but only IF customers want it. So don't expect it anytime soon. Carriers don't want to drop your phone prices because if subsidizing phones was the reason behind the prices we are charged for plans then the costs should drop or be cheaper if you bring your own hardware, you don't opt for discounted hardware or are month to month in general, but it doesn't.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Verizon is saying they will do the new "uncarrier" thing like T-Mobile, but only IF customers want it. So don't expect it anytime soon. Carriers don't want to drop your phone prices because if subsidizing phones was the reason behind the prices we are charged for plans then the costs should drop or be cheaper if you bring your own hardware, you don't opt for discounted hardware or are month to month in general, but it doesn't.

Yeah I read that too, but I'm more interested in a GSM carrier since I'll more than likely buy unlocked/international from here on out. I guess I don't really have a choice.

Thanks again.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Going AT&T for the unlocked experience, down the road at least. I suspect we will eventually see world capable LTE devices once the EU gets LTE more off the ground.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Going AT&T for the unlocked experience, down the road at least. I suspect we will eventually see world capable LTE devices once the EU gets LTE more off the ground.

R u buy the phone unlocked? or No commitment from AT&T
If you buy the phone from AT&T with no commitment, it still will be an AT&T branded phone, so updates and all that will still depend on AT&T

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I will be getting an AT&T version, but my move to GSM is based on a long term strategy where I expect we will have global LTE capable phones like we have global capable GSM phones. So eventually you should be able to buy an unlocked phone from overseas and have it fully work on AT&T instead of being gimped on coverage and data speeds.

thewretched2008

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I preordered mine on the 17th. Had to call US Cellular customer support because of a duplicate order and asked when the phone would be shipped. The guy helping me said it would ship at the earliest April 23rd but at the latest 4 weeks (which is what the website says under "things we want you to know"). I know others have been told 10-14 days from the 16th the phone would ship and one person was told April 22 ship date. It will be interesting to see if I'm holding my Galaxy S4 in a week. Going to try to not get my hopes up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz