is it just me or...

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. Bandwagoners when it comes to phones are really prevalent in society. Here's a story of something that happened to me recently.

I'm friended on Facebook with this girl who I went to school with. She went around 2-2.5 months without coming online, posting anything, etc. She has an iPhone 4S(pretty sure, I know she has an iPhone) A few weeks ago she makes a post (paraphrasing) "Finally got Facebook to work on my phone! All I needed to do was update the app." And I read a little back and forth between her and a friend of hers and she said "I haven't had Facebook in 3 months because of this." Then I start scratching my head and say "You could have just typed facebook.com into the browser and used the site that way, it's almost the same interface as the app." to which she replies, "Where were you with this information months ago?"

I've known for a while not everyone uses their smartphones to do that many advanced, cool, 'smart' things, but not having the know-how to just go into the browser on her phone and just login to the website that way. It took the cake for me. A lot of people just buy certain phones to have that kind of phone - and then they do nothing special at all with them. They might as well have a BlackBerry Curve or a feature phone.

I have MANY friends like this.....just like you....and they also make me scratch my head at their lack of tech-savviness....lol! Like c'mon man, really?!?! smh

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
it seems to me that the majority of buyers for this device on xda will be from our overseas friends. i still say the buzz has died off and then some. im gonna get one, see how development goes. if im not impressed ill return it and get the htc one.

Last edited:

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
What are you talking about, in terms of ROMs? If anything they'll be more people working on the S4 than any other phone if what you're worried about is development, as long as you're getting the Snapdragon version. It's the Octa core that won't receive that much support at the onset.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
What are you talking about, in terms of ROMs? If anything they'll be more people working on the S4 than any other phone if what you're worried about is development, as long as you're getting the Snapdragon version. It's the Octa core that won't receive that much support at the onset.

None of those roms are for the US varients though.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
There is no "hopefully" in it, it will get the same support the S3 did. It'll get CM support if this is what you're trying to get at.

Aosp development is up in the air. Touchwiz roms for about the first 2-3 months id say. Same as the note 2 had to deal with.

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Still tons of buzz around these parts!!! Everyone is talking about it.

Do you live in a closet, or are you just referring to TV ads, because I do not watch TV.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Now that release dates are becoming official the hype and reviews will be non-stop and this thread will be sillier than it already is.

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Even with expandable sd slot? Price is price......not happy about it either, but I like this 8.0 more than the 10.1. Yet there is stuff for that.....just saying. Wish I knew more to help the cause...total newb compared to the guys on xda
Edit...sorry I responded about wrong device!
Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer