LG Optimus Also has the Dual Mode Camera like the Samsung Galaxy S4 (VIDEO)

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG Optimus Pro rips off Samsung Galaxy S4 (VIDEO)

I can't lie, I cant wait for my phone

and ok seems like this thread has backfired...

Of course it backfired. You didn't bother to do any actual research and instead just started trolling due to your love for all things Samsung. It's pathetic and makes you look like a fool. Just because Samsung has an 'idea' and talks about it the loudest does NOT mean they had the idea first, have a patent or even came up with the idea on their own.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Of course it backfired. You didn't bother to do any actual research and instead just started trolling due to your love for all things Samsung. It's pathetic and makes you look like a fool. Just because Samsung has an 'idea' and talks about it the loudest does NOT mean they had the idea first, have a patent or even came up with the idea on their own.

Did u really get that pissed? smh
U dont have to "assume" I have a love for all Samsung products...My title wasnt meant to bash LG. I could have easily called it LG uses Samsung features, but dont get all jerky about it, just explain it to me
I am excited for this phone and entitled to what I post...just relax guy don't take it offensively

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

This video not withstanding, I did not view it. They all "borrow" from each other, but if you do not think that many of the things LG has is a blatant and not so subtle copy of Samsung you have not been paying attention. I remember when the LG Nitro came out and I went to check it out because it was one of the first LTE phones on ATT (I got the Skyrocket) and I could have swore I was using touchwiz. I mean it was not even subtle. If you were familiar with touchwiz, you would have known 100% how to use the LG. Do not even get me started on the optimus g pro and the Note 2...and the Note 2 was out well before the optimus g pro.

Not trolling, just my opinion with some fact thrown in...

Last edited:

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I agree with you but maybe we should, ya know, tone it down a bit. So the thread doesn't get closed.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

In retrospect I could have toned it down, but after attempting to talk to smooth4lyfe I have realized he is a bitter troll and I'm glad I didn't because he deserved everything I said. A simple google search on his part would have rendered this entire discussion moot. I'm not a fan of trolling or fanboys and he is well known for being both.

Last edited:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

In retrospect I could have toned it down, however a simple google search would have rendered this entire discussion moot. I'm not a fan of trolling or fanboys and he is acting like both.

Lol I obviously pulled a nerve with this one
Not sure why u got so mad over this thread
A simple response like everyone else could have led to a discussion about this, but u caught feelings
Its ok though, its whatever

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

In retrospect I could have toned it down, however a simple google search would have rendered this entire discussion moot. I'm not a fan of trolling or fanboys and he is acting like both.

I see what you mean. We all get worked up and upset sometimes often every once in a while. :p

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

This video not withstanding, I did not view it. They all "borrow" from each other, but if you do not think that many of the things LG has is a blatant and not so subtle copy of Samsung you have not been paying attention. I remember when the LG Nitro came out and I went to check it out because it was one of the first LTE phones on ATT (I got the Skyrocket) and I could have swore I was using touchwiz. I mean it was not even subtle. If you were familiar with touchwiz, you would have known 100% how to use the LG. Do not even get me started on the optimus g pro and the Note 2...and the Note 2 was out well before the optimus g pro.

I have to agree with that. In other cases, the Optimus G Pro looks just like the Note 2, and LG put out ads for the Optimus G that looked very similar to Galaxy S4 ads.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I have to agree with that. In other cases, the Optimus G Pro looks just like the Note 2, and LG put out ads for the Optimus G that looked very similar to Galaxy S4 ads.

No. LG put out ads MOCKING the S4 ads.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Lol I obviously pulled a nerve with this one
Not sure why u got so mad over this thread
A simple response like everyone else could have led to a discussion about this, but u caught feelings
Its ok though, its whatever

Not so much a nerve as people getting tired of empty headed, zero-substance fanboy threads.

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Your right about this one. I bought a LG Viper for my girl cuz her Evo Desing broke and she wanted something else, no more HTC for her. So I got her the phone and when it arrived it came with ICS, but I was expecting it with vanilla GB. To my surprise its a rip off Sammys Touchwiz. Pretty much everything is the same with a few minor differences of course.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Ever since the iPhone arrived patents have simply moved to becoming a bigger club and business model for the mobile device companies to use against each other. A judge in FL has even said so regarding the current Samsung vs Apple patent dispute. Its time the USPTO steps in or gets overhauled in a meaningful way by the Congress and I don't me by siding with Apple since they are a US company but by actually making real and meaningful reform the to patent system in the US.

Technology innovates so quickly and changes happen so fast that its becoming impossible for smaller companies to get off the ground or larger companies to actually do business with Patent Trolls lurking around every corner.

Apple doesn't innovate, they litigate and make changes to existing technology and call it theirs or as they did with SIRI buy the software, MAKE it WORSE and then call it innovative.

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Im sorry but its ridiculous when companies try and sue other manufacturers only because they use a similar feature. Give it a few years and all smartphones will have at least a feature they all share. Its stupid.

You may as well say im going to sue you because you have the same screen size and same pixel density as the phone we have. I hate it when companies do this

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Im sorry but its ridiculous when companies try and sue other manufacturers only because they use a similar feature. Give it a few years and all smartphones will have at least a feature they all share. Its stupid.

You may as well say im going to sue you because you have the same screen size and same pixel density as the phone we have. I hate it when companies do this

Yeah I agree, but I guess its all about money at the end of the day

j510

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site

The thing is if its their idea and its patented then the other company has to pay to use the idea. If it was me i would want them paying me a fee for an idea i created patented.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

How would you feel if you invented and patented said feature, and a company started using it without asking?

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

How would you feel if you invented and patented said feature, and a company started using it without asking?

Yes but the patent that LG use may not be what samsung use if yku knkw what I mean, samsung use a feature that does that and so do LG, Samsung was most probably unaware that LG had a patent for it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams