06-17-2013 12:24 PM
51 123
tools
    Look familiar?

iPhone 5_to_GS4 likes this.
    04-11-2013 04:28 PM
    Damn, I thought you were exaggerating. The last feature they showed is basically HTC's Zoe mode too.

Oh well, can't be too mad at it. They played some pretty snazzy music to make up for it.
    04-11-2013 04:43 PM
    You do realize that LG patented eye tracking in 2009, and is in process of suing Samsung for infringement, right?
    LG calls out Samsung for possible eye-tracking patent infringement in Galaxy S4 | The Verge
    jrb363 likes this.
    04-11-2013 05:12 PM
    Look familiar?

You're obsessed with the s4. Aren't you

TMO GS3 * NEXUS 7
    04-11-2013 05:15 PM
    You do realize that LG patented eye tracking in 2009, and is in process of suing Samsung for infringement, right?
    LG calls out Samsung for possible eye-tracking patent infringement in Galaxy S4 | The Verge
    Well why patent it and not use it until years later when other companies start using that idea
    I really think they need to change the way things are pantented

- - - Updated - - -

You're obsessed with the s4. Aren't you

TMO GS3 * NEXUS 7
    Not obsessed, but damn I love the phone
    crester and The Hustleman like this.
    04-11-2013 05:16 PM
    Well why patent it and not use it until years later when other companies start using that idea

- - - Updated - - -

Why would Samsung use a patented feature?

Also, I have noticed that you seem to be really obsessed with Samsung.

As a third note, the Optimus G Pro (that's what it's called) came out before the S4. So I don't see how it can be ripping the S4 off.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    jrb363 likes this.
    04-11-2013 05:21 PM
    Why would Samsung use a patented feature?

Also, I have noticed that you seem to be really obsessed with Samsung.

As a third note, the Optimus G Pro (that's what it's called) came out before the S4. So I don't see how it can be ripping the S4 off.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I can't lie, I cant wait for my phone

and ok seems like this thread has backfired...
    04-11-2013 05:24 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Well Apple does the same thing and so do many other companies, its called screwing your competition and getting products banned, getting cash and ultimately causing them pain.
    The Hustleman likes this.
    04-11-2013 06:03 PM
    If LG Optimus is cheaper by a lot, I might go with that instead. I like the pause and resume recording feature.
    04-12-2013 01:24 AM
    I like the Notification LED within the "Home" button on the Pro that's sadly lacking on the Note.
    04-12-2013 01:29 AM
    Look familiar?

Holy Carbon Copy Batman!....

only way it could be more of a copy is if they also named it the same.....yeesh....
    04-12-2013 03:43 AM
    Head tracking and eye tracking are two different patents.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails LG Optimus Also has the Dual Mode Camera like the Samsung Galaxy S4 (VIDEO)-uploadfromtaptalk1365812599451.jpg  
    04-12-2013 07:23 PM

- - - Updated - - -

LG announced these features before the S4 was announced.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    04-12-2013 11:17 PM
    Head tracking and eye tracking are two different patents.

But Samsung tracks your eyes
    Attached Thumbnails LG Optimus Also has the Dual Mode Camera like the Samsung Galaxy S4 (VIDEO)-eyes.png  
    04-12-2013 11:24 PM
    So if LG had patented these...why is Samsung using them?
    Samsung says its using its own technology...does that allow them to get away with using it?
    Either way im gonna be pissed if it has to be removed from the phone
    04-12-2013 11:53 PM
    no, Samsung tracks you're whole head. So you really think a company as big as Samsung would just out right copy another patent exactly how LG did. That's why they go to court because all patents have minor differences, but might seem the same to the average consumer. But then again no matter what the patent is or no matter how it's exactly the same or not the same, if LG promised to pay you off with a heaping pile of money and you where the judge???????? Get my drift..

04-12-2013 11:56 PM
    no, Samsung tracks you're whole head. So you really think a company as big as Samsung would just out right copy another patent exactly how LG did. That's why they go to court because all patents have minor differences, but might seem the same to the average consumer. But then again no matter what the patent is or no matter how it's exactly the same or not the same, if LG promised to pay you off with a heaping pile of money and you where the judge???????? Get my drift..

No they don't. Smart stay and smart scroll track your eyes. That's how they work. Smart pause, or whatever it's called, uses a combination of the two.

04-13-2013 12:00 AM
    So if LG had patented these...why is Samsung using them?
    Samsung says its using its own technology...does that allow them to get away with using it?
    Either way im gonna be pissed if it has to be removed from the phone
    Because samsung is arrogant and sometimes it's cheaper to use it first and pay later.

04-13-2013 12:01 AM
    Because samsung is arrogant and sometimes it's cheaper to use it first and pay later.

Ehhh...well I guess I can;t be too surprised...at the end of the day its all about making money, and they will do whatever they have to do to get ahead
    spark957 likes this.
    04-13-2013 12:24 AM
    I agree man

04-13-2013 12:44 AM
    If LG Optimus is cheaper by a lot, I might go with that instead. I like the pause and resume recording feature.
    Even the older Samsung Galaxy S3 allows you to pause and resume recording video!!!
    04-13-2013 01:53 AM
    I can't lie, I cant wait for my phone

and ok seems like this thread has backfired...
    Of course it backfired. You didn't bother to do any actual research and instead just started trolling due to your love for all things Samsung. It's pathetic and makes you look like a fool. Just because Samsung has an 'idea' and talks about it the loudest does NOT mean they had the idea first, have a patent or even came up with the idea on their own.
    Topgonzo likes this.
    04-13-2013 08:12 AM
    Of course it backfired. You didn't bother to do any actual research and instead just started trolling due to your love for all things Samsung. It's pathetic and makes you look like a fool. Just because Samsung has an 'idea' and talks about it the loudest does NOT mean they had the idea first, have a patent or even came up with the idea on their own.
    Did u really get that pissed? smh
    U dont have to "assume" I have a love for all Samsung products...My title wasnt meant to bash LG. I could have easily called it LG uses Samsung features, but dont get all jerky about it, just explain it to me
    I am excited for this phone and entitled to what I post...just relax guy don't take it offensively
    spark957 likes this.
    04-13-2013 10:03 AM
    Now everyone is going to say Samsung is litigating
    Topgonzo likes this.
    04-13-2013 11:08 AM
    This video not withstanding, I did not view it. They all "borrow" from each other, but if you do not think that many of the things LG has is a blatant and not so subtle copy of Samsung you have not been paying attention. I remember when the LG Nitro came out and I went to check it out because it was one of the first LTE phones on ATT (I got the Skyrocket) and I could have swore I was using touchwiz. I mean it was not even subtle. If you were familiar with touchwiz, you would have known 100% how to use the LG. Do not even get me started on the optimus g pro and the Note 2...and the Note 2 was out well before the optimus g pro.

Not trolling, just my opinion with some fact thrown in...
    crester likes this.
    04-13-2013 11:12 AM
51 123