04-21-2013 11:49 AM
81 1234
tools
    If you aren't the kind of person who carries around spare batteries or keeps their entire movie collection on their phone, buy the One. Also, if you're moving from Apple you're more likely to enjoy HTC products. Most most iPhone converts seemed to be far more contented with the One X over the S3 last year. The differences between the One and S4 are much the same.

Sent from using Android Central Forums
    04-18-2013 04:54 PM
    How can you speak on build quality when the phone just came out?

You don't know how well it's built.

Drop test didn't indicate that it isn't a great build quality the way the speaker grill popped right off.

A device with good build quality wouldn't fall apart from a pocket high drop.

Stop confusing build materials with actual build quality.

I'd put money on the s4 getting more developer support considering more people are going to buy it and it has a faster processor.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Speak for yourself. I've actually held the One.

And we both know drop tests prove nothing. It's all about how the phone falls.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    04-18-2013 05:14 PM

Thats the point of the drop test...drop tests don't necessarily show how your phone will exactly fall, but it does tell a lot about how its built and how strong it can withstand a fall...I think drop tests speak a lot
    04-18-2013 05:16 PM
    Thats the point of the drop test...drop tests don't necessarily show how your phone will exactly fall, but it does tell a lot about how its built and how strong it can withstand a fall...I think drop tests speak a lot
    No, because it's possible that in the drop test, the phone coincidentally is dropped in a way that will make it completely break apart.

Topgonzo likes this.
    04-18-2013 05:24 PM
    No, because it's possible that in the drop test, the phone coincidentally is dried in a way that will make it completely break apart.

Dont you think if someone is walking and it slips out their hand, its possible could fall the same way? As in dropping on the corner of the phone.
    Its not like they plan the way its gonna hit the ground
    04-18-2013 05:30 PM
    Dont you think if someone is walking and it slips out their hand, its possible could fall the same way? As in dropping on the corner of the phone.
    Its not like they plan the way its gonna hit the ground
    And don't you think the same could happen with the GS4?
    04-18-2013 05:31 PM
    And don't you think the same could happen with the GS4?
    Yeah it possibly could
    I always wanted to see a GS4 drop test I couldnt find one
    04-18-2013 05:33 PM
    Yeah it possibly could
    I always wanted to see a GS4 drop test I couldnt find one
    Probably since it hasn't been released yet. But a truly accurate drop test needs at least 10 trials.

04-18-2013 06:12 PM
    Probably since it hasn't been released yet. But a truly accurate drop test needs at least 10 trials.

10? It takes one drop in real life to break a phone lol, but you can't rely solely on drop tests but it shows the possibility

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 7.0
    04-18-2013 06:31 PM
    I currently have an iPhone 5, and I am switching from my 5 to my first Android phone next month (May). The HUGE problem is that I can't decide between the HTC one and the Samsung Galaxy S4. Day to day, I keep going back and forth between which phone I am going to get. I adore the One's insane speakers and great build quality and dislike the "Ultrapixel" camera , while I love the GS4's beautiful 13MP camera, multiple software features, Touchwiz, and the fact that they made a smaller, thinner, and lighter device while giving it a bigger display. Can I get help choosing between the two greatest Android phones for at least the first half 2013!
    May I ask why you are switching from the iPhone?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    EleventhHour2139 likes this.
    04-18-2013 06:36 PM

Still can't tell build quality by just holding it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    04-18-2013 06:45 PM
    You will l-o-v-e the S4, I guarantee it.
    04-18-2013 06:51 PM
    You will l-o-v-e the S4, I guarantee it.
    For some reason, I really like the look of the Galaxy S 4 in white.

04-18-2013 06:54 PM
    For some reason, I really like the look of the Galaxy S 4 in white.

i'm either going to go for the Note 2 or S4 also in white (currently have iPhone 4S in white)
    04-18-2013 08:08 PM
    i'm either going to go for the Note 2 or S4 also in white (currently have iPhone 4S in white)
    I believe you said you had a Note 2 and returned it because you thought you were going to switch carriers. What is holding you back from getting the Note 2 again right away regardless of another phone out there? I have a Note 2 and would not trade it for any device on the market. I guess I am thinking if you do not get one again right away something is holding you back so the S4 may be the answer for you? Just a thought.
    04-18-2013 08:13 PM
    I believe you said you had a Note 2 and returned it because you thought you were going to switch carriers. What is holding you back from getting the Note 2 again right away regardless of another phone out there? I have a Note 2 and would not trade it for any device on the market. I guess I am thinking if you do not get one again right away something is holding you back so the S4 may be the answer for you? Just a thought.
    What's holding me back is ultimately the size. I loved it and also hated it because of the size. Loved it because it was big and I enjoyed reading/viewing pictures and playing games on it. Hated the size because it wouldn't fit in my pockets but Im willing to work around its size. Should I decide Togo back. I like the s-pen and all the features it has about it. Not to mention I still have the brand spankin new otterbox for it lol

And I'm really liking the s4 because of the better screen display, faster processor and well the camera and its dual function capabilities.

So there's something I really like about each phone but unfortunately I can't get both.
    04-18-2013 08:40 PM
    Yea I think I didn't get to play with it enough (I had the note 2 actually and returned it before my 2 weeks was up because I thought my husband and I were going to switch providers but looks like we are not).. so then the SG4 talk came in to play.. and that's why I am undecided..

I really do like the S-Pen on the Note 2.. wish I could find one like that for my iPad.. the Stylus I have for that one is rubber tipped and sucks!

I do like writing on the Note 2 but I also didn't use it enough.. and i'm trying to jusitfy not getting it because I have the iPad.. but then again like i mentioned, i don't always have my iPad on me like I would my phone.. I know people keep saying.. get what's best for you.. but that's the thing I don't know! I'm so new to androids I don't know! lol..

so after lurking the boards here and there.. some people have mixed feelings that the SG4 features are just gimmicks.. and some say it's THEE phone to have right now.. so not sure what to believe lol
    I love my Note 2. I use the s pen for work and other things about every day and love it! I had the International Note and the OG Note on ATT. One thing about the Samsung phones is they are feature rich. I do not use most of the features. The Note 2 launched without multi view screen but it came in an update shortly after, I really wanted it but in reality I have used it maybe 3 or 4 times. The hover feature with the s spen, smart stay, photo share etc are all kind of gimmicky in my view. Why hover over something when you can just press it and then press back...I know I would not use smart scroll etc on the S4. I do use the all share with my TV and that is pretty cool. People say the Note 2 is as big as tablet but that is just silly to me. Even my Nexus 7 is way bigger than my Note 2. Anyways, I guess at this point it makes sense to wait for the S4 to launch and check it out.
    04-18-2013 08:52 PM
    What's holding me back is ultimately the size. I loved it and also hated it because of the size. Loved it because it was big and I enjoyed reading/viewing pictures and playing games on it. Hated the size because it wouldn't fit in my pockets but Im willing to work around its size. Should I decide Togo back. I like the s-pen and all the features it has about it. Not to mention I still have the brand spankin new otterbox for it lol

And I'm really liking the s4 because of the better screen display, faster processor and well the camera and its dual function capabilities.

So there's something I really like about each phone but unfortunately I can't get both.
    The otter box doubles the size of any phone lol! But it is a large phone no doubt. I am intrigued by the screen size and of the S4 and how they managed to get in into the form factor of the S3 not to mention it is 1080p! My wife has an S3, and it is a pretty slim device, slimmer than my Nexus 4. The one thing I want to see is if the cases offer decent protection since the bezel is so thin on the S4 and the sensors etc are very close to the edge on the top. It will be interesting to see if the cases are adequate.

I think it will be a great device! I just hope I had hold off because I want to wait for the Note 3 and Nexus 5.
    04-18-2013 09:00 PM
    All so uneducated about SD cards and battery. Please go read anandtech review and learn something about removable sd cards and how batteries really work.

I wanted to get a S4 but i started reading about all the gimmicky features and I found only one that might really be useful. The ability to wear gloves. All the other features did what they were supposed to do. Drag you into buying the phone, using it a couple of times and then turning them off. The screen while 1080p is not as good as the One's screen. Sound...don't even bother. Camera in low light please...not even close. Day pictures are good, not great but I can live with the trade off. CPU speed is a bit faster but nothing outlandish or brag worthy.

HTC One is plenty fast. Give me something more solid guys! 4.2.2 jellybean vs. 4.1.2 JB really. I may sound biased to HTC one but I just want it to be a fair fight. Everyone is so trained too love Sammy and there marketing dollars. The Note is a solid device, which i like very much.

Let's put it this way. The One must be raising some real concerns as Sammy just got busted paying off college kids to talk nasty about the One and there going to get fined. It's why there next flagship is going to be aluminum, get my drift. Anyways, buy away buy away buy away robots. I believe HTC will win top phone this year followed by whatever Google is doing and then S4.
    For someone claiming that others are uneducated I find it funny that you call the S4's features gimmicky when you obviously haven't used them yet.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    04-19-2013 01:10 PM
    They are just phones.

04-19-2013 01:24 PM
    May I ask why you are switching from the iPhone?

Assumedly because it's crippled garbage.

Sent using Android Central Forums
    04-19-2013 04:41 PM
    They are just phones.

Who cares what car you buy? Cars are just cars.

Who cares what food you eat? Food is just food.

Come on bro, don't be ridiculous now.

04-19-2013 04:44 PM
    They are just phones.

If a phone is just a phone, then why don't u go buy a 1986 Nokia phone and see if you will be happy lol
    04-19-2013 05:42 PM
    Stop with the argument guys, at the end of the day they're both great phones.
    04-20-2013 11:40 AM
    Who cares what car you buy? Cars are just cars.

Who cares what food you eat? Food is just food.

Come on bro, don't be ridiculous now.

That's not what I meant. I was referring to the useless arguing over which is the best phone. The topic doesn't seem to warrant this level of dissonance.

crackberrytraitor likes this.
    04-20-2013 11:44 AM
81 1234