Coming from iP5 to 1st Android phone; Question is One or GS4?

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I used to feel the same way about the lack of SD Card but eversince I got the S3, transferring my music and videos have never been easier! I can also transfer all my media to another device just by removing the SD card. I would use the cloud but I personally don't like all my stuff on the cloud cuz its not 100% safe.

The cloud is for people who have unlimited data.

Carriers should be forced to bring back unlimited data for cloud users

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

charkzilla20

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I think I like the S4 better if my opinion means anything to you.
I have big hands, and the idea of having the nice 5 inch screen appeals to me.
Plus it has a bunch of features I'd use.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
is anyone worried about- since this being a brand new phone, needing kinks and bugs to be worked out?

this is the only reason why i'm a little hesitant to get this and settle for the Note 2 because the Note 2 has already been out and i'm sure most of the kinks have been worked out.

I'm making the switch from an iPhone 4S and I remember when the new iPhones come out there were always some kinks and bugs to be worked out and usually got better after months have sold lol.. I just don't want to get the S4, and it have some glitches with it and then have to return it..

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
is anyone worried about- since this being a brand new phone, needing kinks and bugs to be worked out?

this is the only reason why i'm a little hesitant to get this and settle for the Note 2 because the Note 2 has already been out and i'm sure most of the kinks have been worked out.

I'm making the switch from an iPhone 4S and I remember when the new iPhones come out there were always some kinks and bugs to be worked out and usually got better after months have sold lol.. I just don't want to get the S4, and it have some glitches with it and then have to return it..

I got the Note 2 shortly after launch last year and have never had any problems, I wouldn't particularly worry about it too much. But as with any technology that's new on the market there is a chance of something needing to be fine tuned or whatnot, so if it's something you're really worried about maybe wait a week or two after launch just to see if there are any issues. I'm not expecting there to be any issues as Samsung has had ample time to optimize everything. So all in all, I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

My last two Samsung phones were remarkably bug free for the most part. The S3 and note 2 and really the OG note too were all very good out of the box. I think Samsung does a good job with quality control on software.

Sent from my Nexus 4

saco274

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I have an EVO 4GLTE right now with the ported sense 5 rom. My battery life has increased dramatically and my picture quality looks cleaner. All this with only dual core processors. The One with it's snapdragon 600 should be a treat. ANY PHONE BEING HEAVILY USED WILL DRAIN BATTERY VERY QUICKLY. Listen people, S4, HTC One...what a great problem have. Having to choose between either of these phones means that were not in the poor house and we have jobs. HTC is going to kick **** with this phone. S4 is a sammy phone and it will do well just because its a "feature" packed sammy phone. How useful those features will be is up to the user. I just ordered the dev 64gb HTC One and I'm going to give it a shot. Sammy already said there next sammy is going to be a metal phone and I'm sure they will look at bigger pixels like the iphone is doing for the iphone 6. HTC is setting trends and that cannot be denied. My buddy is getting the S4 so I'm going to have fun going back and forth with him. I want to try out all the features for myself.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My last two Samsung phones were remarkably bug free for the most part. The S3 and note 2 and really the OG note too were all very good out of the box. I think Samsung does a good job with quality control on software.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Yup agreed, I never had a problem with Samsung phones out the box

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus 4

Everything after the original galaxy s (epic, vibrant, fascinate, captivate) has been great.

Samsung has some very good quality control and the hardware had excellent build quality.

I'd be more weary about the one considering HTC's history with bag build quality

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
If you aren't the kind of person who carries around spare batteries or keeps their entire movie collection on their phone, buy the One. Also, if you're moving from Apple you're more likely to enjoy HTC products. Most most iPhone converts seemed to be far more contented with the One X over the S3 last year. The differences between the One and S4 are much the same.

Sent from using Android Central Forums

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
How can you speak on build quality when the phone just came out?

You don't know how well it's built.

Drop test didn't indicate that it isn't a great build quality the way the speaker grill popped right off.

A device with good build quality wouldn't fall apart from a pocket high drop.

Stop confusing build materials with actual build quality.

I'd put money on the s4 getting more developer support considering more people are going to buy it and it has a faster processor.

Speak for yourself. I've actually held the One.

And we both know drop tests prove nothing. It's all about how the phone falls.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Speak for yourself. I've actually held the One.

And we both know drop tests prove nothing. It's all about how the phone falls.

Thats the point of the drop test...drop tests don't necessarily show how your phone will exactly fall, but it does tell a lot about how its built and how strong it can withstand a fall...I think drop tests speak a lot

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Thats the point of the drop test...drop tests don't necessarily show how your phone will exactly fall, but it does tell a lot about how its built and how strong it can withstand a fall...I think drop tests speak a lot

No, because it's possible that in the drop test, the phone coincidentally is dropped in a way that will make it completely break apart.

Last edited:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
No, because it's possible that in the drop test, the phone coincidentally is dried in a way that will make it completely break apart.

Dont you think if someone is walking and it slips out their hand, its possible could fall the same way? As in dropping on the corner of the phone.
Its not like they plan the way its gonna hit the ground

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Dont you think if someone is walking and it slips out their hand, its possible could fall the same way? As in dropping on the corner of the phone.
Its not like they plan the way its gonna hit the ground

And don't you think the same could happen with the GS4?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Probably since it hasn't been released yet. But a truly accurate drop test needs at least 10 trials.

10? It takes one drop in real life to break a phone lol, but you can't rely solely on drop tests but it shows the possibility

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 7.0

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I currently have an iPhone 5, and I am switching from my 5 to my first Android phone next month (May). The HUGE problem is that I can't decide between the HTC one and the Samsung Galaxy S4. Day to day, I keep going back and forth between which phone I am going to get. I adore the One's insane speakers and great build quality and dislike the "Ultrapixel" camera , while I love the GS4's beautiful 13MP camera, multiple software features, Touchwiz, and the fact that they made a smaller, thinner, and lighter device while giving it a bigger display. Can I get help choosing between the two greatest Android phones for at least the first half 2013!

May I ask why you are switching from the iPhone?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon