04-22-2013 09:27 PM
94 1234
tools
    I was at att today and the guy helping e said they expected to have demo units of the s4 on Thursday, so the 26th makes sense as a launch day.

Also, att can move your upgrade date up. You go in to a store, they file a request for you, and you find out in a day or two if it has been approved. The guy said if you're within a month or two of your upgrade and have an account on good standing it is usually approved. Now, do I get the gs4 that has the software I want or wait for the optimus g pro with the 5.5" screen I want, or do I get a note 2?
    This Thursday? Sweet. I'm ready to see this thing!
    04-14-2013 09:00 PM
    This Thursday? Sweet. I'm ready to see this thing!
    That's what he said. I know store reps can be a poor source of info, but I would think they'd only give a customer an exact day like that if they were sure. I said I wanted to wait till I saw the S4 before I decided what phone to get, he said we expect to have units to demo on Thursday, come back then.
    04-14-2013 09:57 PM
    5/30 works for me cause im about to start building a house so Every dollar counts at this point on!
    04-14-2013 10:09 PM
    I was hoping AT&T wouldn't have it until May, as that's when my current 2 year time is up. Does this mean I can't preorder?
    AT&T's early upgrade is at 20 months. Unless u call and beg someone I think the 20 months is the earliest they will let u upgrade from a 2 year contract
    My upgrade cycle on AT&T has been 19 months for at least the past six years or so. The only exception occurred when, for some reason, I was made upgrade eligible at the year mark back in 2011. I have a feeling that was because I had a Torch 9800 at the time, and AT&T was pushing the newer 9810 at a special $49.99 upgrade price -- I took the bait, much to my later regret because I was back on a 19 month cycle after that, and stuck with the 9810.

In any event, I was supposed to become upgrade eligible again on March 21, but eligibility kicked it right at the beginning of March. The same thing has happened to my wife, who wasn't supposed to be eligible for an upgrade until later this week, but her eligibility kicked in at the beginning of the month also. So it's possible in muadib's case that upgrade eligibility could kick in at the beginning of May.
    04-15-2013 06:20 AM
    Man Verizon never pleases their customers at allll
    Except w/ great reception and service all over America. You know, the main of a phone....
    04-15-2013 07:40 AM
    Unlocked version is $750 at most placed I have seen
    Where have you seen it available for pre-order?
    04-15-2013 08:38 AM
    staples leak today

http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/a...umb/staple.jpg

as usual, Verizon always late to the party.
    Man Verizon never pleases their customers at allll
    Totally. I don't understand why they are always behind. If this holds up that's over a month from the AT&T release
    Not defending Verizon (far from it), but for one, they have different network technology which *could* cause delays, but I believe it more to be their own internal R&D and QA that causes this. This isn't an "exclusive" phone for them, and they know they'll sell a ton of them regardless, so my guess is that they'd rather take the time to complete their own internal processes than rush orders out the door. Sure, some folks will say, "they need this time to add all their bloatwarez!!1!", and to a very small extent that may be true, but it's also about testing and training and ensuring the devices works as advertised on their network before they release it. Say what you will about Verizon (and believe me, I say plenty), but their customer service has always been pretty decent IMO -- and given the massive amount of customers they need to support, it doesn't surprise me that it takes them longer to get phones out on street.

If getting the phones and updates *first* is a priority for you (and that's a legit priority), there are other carriers that will gladly take your money. Most people, like myself, who stick with Verizon do so because they offer the best network coverage for the areas we live/work/play in. I assure you, given T-Mobile's new plans, I'd love to switch if they actually had decent coverage where I live...but it's 2G only.

I was hoping AT&T wouldn't have it until May, as that's when my current 2 year time is up. Does this mean I can't preorder?
    If you're waiting until May, why do you need to pre-order? Just wait until you're eligible then order it.
    04-15-2013 09:47 AM
    at&t told me unless there is delays the phones will be available on the 26th or shortly after.
    04-15-2013 10:25 AM
    Can't wait. What is the pre-order date of AT&T? I want to make sure I'm one of the first to get this phone. A close friend of mine always beats me in getting new gadgets. He's a Korean, so I want to beat him from his home this time.
    04-15-2013 11:53 AM
    Can't wait. What is the pre-order date of AT&T? I want to make sure I'm one of the first to get this phone. A close friend of mine always beats me in getting new gadgets. He's a Korean, so I want to beat him from his home this time.
    Tomorrow is the preorder.
    04-15-2013 12:00 PM
    How much of a delay did Verizon have when they released the Galaxy S3?
    At least a month after AT&T - if not longer. Hell, Verizon hasn't even acknowledged the device yet - that should tell you something.
    04-15-2013 04:20 PM
    staples leak today

http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/a...umb/staple.jpg

as usual, Verizon always late to the party.
    Yep, as usual.
    04-15-2013 04:21 PM
    AT&T lets you upgrade early at 20 months so are you within that if so go and get your upgrade.
    04-15-2013 06:10 PM
    Except w/ great reception and service all over America. You know, the main of a phone....
    At outragious prices.
    04-15-2013 06:23 PM
    Same prices as AT&T and not much more than sprint.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    04-15-2013 08:02 PM
    Same prices as AT&T and not much more than sprint.

Considering i left verizon in nov and went to at&t i disagree. Verizon was charging me $175 a month where on at&t with the same packages i pay about $150. Sprint was really cheap but their service was horrid where i live and still is.
    j510 likes this.
    04-15-2013 08:12 PM
    Considering i left verizon in nov and went to at&t i disagree. Verizon was charging me $175 a month where on at&t with the same packages i pay about $150. Sprint was really cheap but their service was horrid where i live and still is.
    Well if u look at the share plans it comes out to the same price for AT&T and Verizon. Only difference is AT&T still has their individual plans which is cheaper than the share plans. Nvm I was looking at the share prices with 2 phones which equal out to the same price. AT&T is slightly cheaper if u have upwards of 2 phones

04-15-2013 08:59 PM
    Went to a different AT&T store today (to play with the One that the store yesterday didn't have) and the guy helping me said that their systems said 26th.
    Calidoc likes this.
    04-15-2013 09:21 PM
    Just pre-ordered a 16gb black GS4 online at AT&T. $639.00 plus tax for out of contract upgrade. Estimated delivery via 2d day FedEx is May 3d. AT&T web pre-order page states that phones will ship on a first come first served basis. We'll see?
    04-16-2013 08:11 AM
    It really does depend on the type of plan you have, the number of lines, etc. Verizon is rarely going to be a "bargain", but for many, their prices will be competitive enough to compare with other carriers. My company also offers a pretty decent discount on Verizon Wireless, which actually does make them considerably cheaper than AT&T for me with the services I have.
    04-16-2013 09:52 AM
    I am riding it out this week to see what news comes along. If I can't pre-order a 32GB and they aren't going to sell it for a few months then I will just have to delay my move and that means lost revenue for them.
    smooth3006 likes this.
    04-16-2013 10:16 AM
    I am riding it out this week to see what news comes along. If I can't pre-order a 32GB and they aren't going to sell it for a few months then I will just have to delay my move and that means lost revenue for them.
    ill also be waiting for the 32gb model, even if i have to wait until summer.
    04-16-2013 10:27 AM
    At outragious prices.
    That's your own fault. I get plenty of minutes, text, and 2 GB of data for ~$75/Month and that is no lie.
    04-16-2013 11:05 AM
    That's your own fault. I get plenty of minutes, text, and 2 GB of data for ~$75/Month and that is no lie.
    You must have prepaid then.
    04-16-2013 11:06 AM
    It really does depend on the type of plan you have, the number of lines, etc. Verizon is rarely going to be a "bargain", but for many, their prices will be competitive enough to compare with other carriers. My company also offers a pretty decent discount on Verizon Wireless, which actually does make them considerably cheaper than AT&T for me with the services I have.
    That's what it was for me. I've been on Verizon since their America Family plans or whatever it was called like a decade ago. 35 bucks is what it started out as and it's stayed put. I get cheap cell phone service from the best carrier out there in terms of service. The only time I've ever been upset w/ Verizon is the fact I couldn't get a Nexus but I'm OK w/ that. One gripe in 13 years is fine by me.

- - - Updated - - -

You must have prepaid then.
    I wouldn't even know the first step to getting prepaid.
    04-16-2013 11:07 AM
94 1234