04-22-2013 09:27 PM
94 ... 234
tools
    I am holding fast on the 32GB and my expectation is AT&T will launch it in May just when is the question and hopefully before Verizon does.
    Same here, but first come, first served.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-I747) Using Tapatalk 2
    04-20-2013 10:49 AM
    The Samsung galaxy s4 price is still mystery from the releasing date because there is no any official price from Samsung of this giant.T mobile opening orders on April 24th for an upfront cost of $149.99 as part of a 24-month plan. Sprint offering the smartphone for $249.99 on a two-year agreement.
    via: http://new-samsunggalaxys4.com/samsu...with-contract/
    04-20-2013 01:51 PM
    The Samsung galaxy s4 price is still mystery from the releasing date because there is no any official price from Samsung of this giant.T mobile opening orders on April 24th for an upfront cost of $149.99 as part of a 24-month plan. Sprint offering the smartphone for $249.99 on a two-year agreement.
    via: http://new-samsunggalaxys4.com/samsu...with-contract/
    This article seems to be comparing apples to oranges. The $149.99 price matches the 16 GB variant & the $249.99 matches the 32 GB variant. The 16 is the only one being offered by any carrier for pre-order.

04-20-2013 02:12 PM
    Found an interesting article on a potential 64 GB variant.

http://www.sidhtech.com/news/64gb-sa...ile-3/1003200/

04-21-2013 03:45 PM
    AT&T

You can only pre-order at AT&T now. The 16GB version costs $449.99 with one-year contract and $199.99 with a two-year contract. The 32GB version costs $249.99 with a two-year contract. By signing up now, the phone will be shipped on 30th April.

Sprint

The S4 will be available for sale on 27th April in Sprint. The pre-orders will be available form now on. The 16GB version of Galaxy S4 costs $249.99 with a two-year contract. There is a good news to those new Sprint subscribers. For switching the service from another provider, customers will get an additional $100 credit. So, you can get the S4 for just $149.99. As to distinguishing its services from AT&T and Verizon, Sprint will offer unlimited data plan for the Galaxy S4.

T-Mobile

You can buy T-Mobiles Galaxy S4 on April 24 through its website. There is an contract-free Un-carrier plan, the S4 costs just $149.99 up front with additional monthly device payments.

Source:
    DSstyles Blog | Samsung Officially Announces Galaxy S4 On Seven U.S. Carriers, Available Next Week
    04-21-2013 11:28 PM
    AT&T

You can only pre-order at AT&T now. The 16GB version costs $449.99 with one-year contract and $199.99 with a two-year contract. The 32GB version costs $249.99 with a two-year contract. By signing up now, the phone will be shipped on 30th April.

Sprint

The S4 will be available for sale on 27th April in Sprint. The pre-orders will be available form now on. The 16GB version of Galaxy S4 costs $249.99 with a two-year contract. There is a good news to those new Sprint subscribers. For switching the service from another provider, customers will get an additional $100 credit. So, you can get the S4 for just $149.99. As to distinguishing its services from AT&T and Verizon, Sprint will offer unlimited data plan for the Galaxy S4.

T-Mobile

You can buy T-Mobiles Galaxy S4 on April 24 through its website. There is an contract-free Un-carrier plan, the S4 costs just $149.99 up front with additional monthly device payments.

Source:
    DSstyles Blog | Samsung Officially Announces Galaxy S4 On Seven U.S. Carriers, Available Next Week
    Re AT&T, there is NO 32 GB variant offered for pre-order...PERIOD!

I thought that I had posted the official word re the 32 GB variant here but maybe not. I'll do so later today.

04-21-2013 11:39 PM
    Look forward to getting the "official" word on the 32GB variant. I am looking to port (2) lines over to AT&T, but I can't until the phone I want is ready.
    04-22-2013 07:55 AM
    Look forward to getting the "official" word on the 32GB variant. I am looking to port (2) lines over to AT&T, but I can't until the phone I want is ready.
    Following are "official" quotes from AT&T & Samsung Mobile USA representatives re the current availability of a 32 GB variant in the U.S.:

AT&T:

Found out two items from DMs with AT&T:

1. The link posted directing users to the 32 GB variant was a mistake & the official line is that the 32 GB variant is "coming soon".

2. As of this time you will be allowed to keep the unlimited data plan.

(#1 re-confirmed this morning)

I wish I had that information to share with you. Here's to keeping our fingers crossed that it will be soon.

Samsung Mobile USA:

Here's a tweet I received from @SamsungmobileUS after not hearing back on my first attempt to get news on the 32 GB variant. Thought some would get a chuckle!

"Stay tuned for news on this product. We love the enthusiasm, Randy!"

AT&T 'Inside Source' (today)

We have no information regarding the availability of a 32 GB model for pre-order today.

04-22-2013 02:22 PM
    Here's a newly released article to confuse everyone a bit more. It doesn't address the 32 GB issue but just shows how AT&T has once again botched another product launch!

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/04...onfusing-turn/

04-22-2013 04:58 PM
    I do want to move to AT&T, but how can they botch such a simple thing as a phone launch. Its their core business, its simple, order stock, distribute stock, sell stock. It shouldn't be too hard and by not offering up a date on the 32GB thinking people will just buy the 16GB, sure some will but I WILL NOT and neither will those who truly want 32GB.
    04-22-2013 05:54 PM
    I wouldn't say they botched a phone launch. They can only sell what they have. Perhaps samsung hasn't sent them 32gb phones? Perhaps they are getting conflicting reports from samsung on when to expect inventory.
    I'm sure they'd rather sell you the more expensive phone. Higher profits for them. This isn't some grand conspiracy.
    04-22-2013 06:03 PM
    I wouldn't say they botched a phone launch. They can only sell what they have. Perhaps samsung hasn't sent them 32gb phones? Perhaps they are getting conflicting reports from samsung on when to expect inventory.
    I'm sure they'd rather sell you the more expensive phone. Higher profits for them. This isn't some grand conspiracy.
    Perhaps "botched" wasn't the best term to use but this happened with the S III, & yes, it was a combination of both AT&T & Samsung not being on the same page. Therefore, most likely culprit here as well.

04-22-2013 06:33 PM
    Yeah, but when thinking about competition with other carriers who have pretty much the same structure, I'd assume they want to strive to be the best, but its more like they don't care to satisfy the customers but to satisfy their company...which is what it comes down to in the long run but their customers in a way run the company, and they have to satisfy them for them to be liked. T-Mobile satisfies their customers now by eliminating contracts, and I'm sure they will get a whole lot of customers for that. Honestly Verizon being last and slow on everything is enough to make me switch carriers to something else.
    Since when is taking your time and ensuring a finished product NOT caring to satisfy the customer? Verizon has the most strict quality assurance controls in the business. And that's not caring? Anyone can rush a product to market and be first to release it. In the end what does it matter. Verizon is number one for a reason and has been successful for a long time by staying true to their strategy. So it definitely works. And if it didn't, all these other companies who are a fraction of the size (minus att) would be industry leading. They're not, so what does that tell you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    04-22-2013 07:25 PM
    Since when is taking your time and ensuring a finished product NOT caring to satisfy the customer? Verizon has the most strict quality assurance controls in the business. And that's not caring? Anyone can rush a product to market and be first to release it. In the end what does it matter. Verizon is number one for a reason and has been successful for a long time by staying true to their strategy. So it definitely works. And if it didn't, all these other companies who are a fraction of the size (minus att) would be industry leading. They're not, so what does that tell you.

Yes, Verizon does take their time in releasing devices, but I dunno about quality assurance is their goal.

I think it's to add all the bloatware - and to lock it down.
    04-22-2013 07:30 PM

I don't want to get embroiled in a 'war of words' but just curious as to how you can state that "Verizon has the most strict quality assurance controls in the business"? Again, just curious only.

04-22-2013 07:53 PM
    I don't want to get embroiled in a 'war of words' but just curious as to how you can state that "Verizon has the most strict quality assurance controls in the business"? Again, just curious only.

Quality assurance?? Yeah, ok.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD
    04-22-2013 08:01 PM
    Quality assurance?? Yeah, ok.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD
    Hmm, got me there. Have no idea what the point is. No worries. Signing off on this part of the conversation.

04-22-2013 08:52 PM
    So, do I buy the phone off contract for full price, or should I switch billing rights to a new plan from $50 to $130 and pay $200....

Lol looks like im buying off contract!!
    04-22-2013 09:26 PM

No worries as I will try to explain myself.

Verizon puts most of it's devices through rigorous testing before releasing them to the public. Much more extensive than its competitors. This can look like a delay when multi carrier devices get released. Many say the delay is due to bloatware adds. Not entirely accurate. Bloatware is a simple process and can be pushed after a device gets released via an update.

I guess, quality assurance is not a popular term in the forum however, in the end verizon is trying to ensure a good customer experience.

04-22-2013 09:27 PM
94 ... 234