Galaxy S4 US release date?

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Same prices as AT&T and not much more than sprint.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
Considering i left verizon in nov and went to at&t i disagree. Verizon was charging me $175 a month where on at&t with the same packages i pay about $150. Sprint was really cheap but their service was horrid where i live and still is.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Considering i left verizon in nov and went to at&t i disagree. Verizon was charging me $175 a month where on at&t with the same packages i pay about $150. Sprint was really cheap but their service was horrid where i live and still is.

Well if u look at the share plans it comes out to the same price for AT&T and Verizon. Only difference is AT&T still has their individual plans which is cheaper than the share plans. Nvm I was looking at the share prices with 2 phones which equal out to the same price. AT&T is slightly cheaper if u have upwards of 2 phones

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Went to a different AT&T store today (to play with the One that the store yesterday didn't have) and the guy helping me said that their systems said 26th.

MarathonMan

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Just pre-ordered a 16gb black GS4 online at AT&T. $639.00 plus tax for out of contract upgrade. Estimated delivery via 2d day FedEx is May 3d. AT&T web pre-order page states that phones will ship on a first come first served basis. We'll see?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

It really does depend on the type of plan you have, the number of lines, etc. Verizon is rarely going to be a "bargain", but for many, their prices will be competitive enough to compare with other carriers. My company also offers a pretty decent discount on Verizon Wireless, which actually does make them considerably cheaper than AT&T for me with the services I have.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am riding it out this week to see what news comes along. If I can't pre-order a 32GB and they aren't going to sell it for a few months then I will just have to delay my move and that means lost revenue for them.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I am riding it out this week to see what news comes along. If I can't pre-order a 32GB and they aren't going to sell it for a few months then I will just have to delay my move and that means lost revenue for them.

ill also be waiting for the 32gb model, even if i have to wait until summer.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It really does depend on the type of plan you have, the number of lines, etc. Verizon is rarely going to be a "bargain", but for many, their prices will be competitive enough to compare with other carriers. My company also offers a pretty decent discount on Verizon Wireless, which actually does make them considerably cheaper than AT&T for me with the services I have.

That's what it was for me. I've been on Verizon since their America Family plans or whatever it was called like a decade ago. 35 bucks is what it started out as and it's stayed put. I get cheap cell phone service from the best carrier out there in terms of service. The only time I've ever been upset w/ Verizon is the fact I couldn't get a Nexus but I'm OK w/ that. One gripe in 13 years is fine by me.

- - - Updated - - -

You must have prepaid then.

I wouldn't even know the first step to getting prepaid.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know why AT&T isn't releasing the 32 GB for pre-order? Had a chat with AT&T rep & couldn't provide any info.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-I747) Using Tapatalk 2

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know why AT&T isn't releasing the 32 GB for pre-order? Had a chat with AT&T rep & couldn't provide any info.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747) Using Tapatalk 2
Becuase they will probably launch the device with only 16gb. The 32gb will be in the coming weeks or months. looks as my note2 will have to tide me over for awhile.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Becuase they will probably launch the device with only 16gb. The 32gb will be in the coming weeks or months. looks as my note2 will have to tide me over for awhile.

Thanks for the feedback. They launched the 16 GB today. Do you have any info as to why it would be weeks/months for release of the 32? Makes no sense to me. Most users would opt for more internal memory given the memory issues with the S III.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. They launched the 16 GB today. Do you have any info as to why it would be weeks/months for release of the 32? Makes no sense to me. Most users would opt for more internal memory given the memory issues with the S III.

Probably so they don't mix up orders, giving people 16GB when they ordered 32GB, and vice versa. They probably want to get most of the 16GB orders out the way before doing the 32GB...thats my guess.

I remember with iPhone, they had mix ups of orders.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747) Using Tapatalk 2

Your guess is as good as mine, trust me im disgusted. At this point im going to wait until i see whats announced at google io next month.

Last edited:

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Probably so they don't mix up orders, giving people 16GB when they ordered 32GB, and vice versa. They probably want to get most of the 16GB orders out the way before doing the 32GB...thats my guess.

I remember with iPhone, they had mix ups of orders.

Probably more an issue with production -- they need to have a very high quantity of devices for the launch, so they're just pumping out a single product. Once sales slow down, they can start diversifying the manufacturing process and add different storage options and colors and stuff like that.

This is just a guess, of course, but I doubt that consumer or retailer confusion would drive them to stagger their products. Has this ever been a problem when there were multiple versions of a popular product released on once (i.e. iPhones)? I don't really think so...

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Probably more an issue with production -- they need to have a very high quantity of devices for the launch, so they're just pumping out a single product. Once sales slow down, they can start diversifying the manufacturing process and add different storage options and colors and stuff like that.

This is just a guess, of course, but I doubt that consumer or retailer confusion would drive them to stagger their products. Has this ever been a problem when there were multiple versions of a popular product released on once (i.e. iPhones)? I don't really think so...

Well I remember with the iPhone 4S launch, there were a lot of mix ups, and some people received 2 phones at their doorsteps when they only ordered one, and many orders were cancelled as well randomly. Your guess seems much more likely than mine though lol

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Maybe so but didn't the III have two memory choices? If so, I seem to recall AT&T launching simultaneously. However, that was then, & we're in the now. :)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Somehow I doubt Samsung is having issues making 16GB & 32GB at the same time. I think its more of a carrier decision to hold off a color, or a memory configuration. I suspect its to get the most out of the "popular" memory size of 16GB for the initial launch and when it hits the stores my hope is we can walk in and get 32GB versions or shortly there after. I am traveling in May and really need to get back on a SMARTphone for work.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just got a nice little shocker from AT&T!

Was talking with a senior-level staff member who assisted me when I upgraded to the S III as I had a grandfathered data plan & low-level staffers wouldn't honor it back then.

I reached out to this person to be proactive prior to pre-ordering an S4. I was informed that AT&T is phasing out all unlimited data plans including grandfathered ones like mine!

Obviously I'm now quite ticked! Does anyone know of other 'reputable' U.S. carriers who are still offering unlimited data plans?

For me, it boils down to principles as I use Wi-Fi for ~95% of all data-driven functions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21