Galaxy S4 new features are only gimmicks

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 features are only gimmicks

People still use Blackberry's? That's like people clinging onto to their '72 Pinto's swearing they're still great cars....

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Dude, you gotta read before posting non-sense. The article clearly mentions that those features don't work as advertised. Samsung is no Google, only Google Translator is good... S-Translator? Not so much

I'll believe it when I see for myself. Just cause an article says something doesn't mean it's true. There are tons of biased tech reviewers out there.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I'd rather have a phone with 20 cool features I may not use, then a phone with limited features that I can't show off to friends or try.
The thing I like about Samsung is that even if they won't be useful to everyone, they put features in there and makes the phone much more attractive.
It shows the power of the phone and what it's capable of

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

And what's your mobile company doing to make phones better? ;) Exactly. Lol@you.

Well for one, they gave me 468 ppi and fairly awesome speakers :p.

Regarding the title and subject of this thread, what gave it away? The skits with over the top acting and cheesiness?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Well for one, they gave me 468 ppi and fairly awesome speakers :p.

Regarding the title and subject of this thread, what gave it away? The skits with over the top acting and cheesiness?

Meh, better screens and front facing speakers aren't exactly new or any different from the normal and expected. :p

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Meh, better screens and front facing speakers aren't exactly new or any different from the normal and expected. :p

Well front facing speakers of this quality are. And for someone coming from the crap that was 2011 AMOLED, this screen is like a 4K 60 inch comparatively :).

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Well front facing speakers of this quality are. And for someone coming from the crap that was 2011 AMOLED, this screen is like a 4K 60 inch comparatively :).

Not since the Nexus 10 is that new, those are some epic sounding front facing speakers. And the nexus 10 was made by Samsung. :) And I can't recall if the S4 uses AMOLED still but if it does then it looks wayyyyy better than it did before though I thought it looked great on the S3 too but that's all personal preference.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Not since the Nexus 10 is that new, those are some epic sounding front facing speakers. And the nexus 10 was made by Samsung. :) And I can't recall if the S4 uses AMOLED still but if it does then it looks wayyyyy better than it did before though I thought it looked great on the S3 too but that's all personal preference.

Nexus 10 isn't a phone.

S3 is AMOLED. Hopefully the S4 doesn't have ghosting, black splotches, tinting (blue, pink, yellow, all standard occurrences on most Sammy AMOLEDs), or burn in. I had 4 different GN's, all had some degree of that stuff. When it's perfect it's amazing, particularly the oversaturation. But when it's not...and that's usually...it's a screen tech that works out my OCD to the nth degree.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Nexus 10 isn't a phone.

S3 is AMOLED. Hopefully the S4 doesn't have ghosting, black splotches, tinting (blue, pink, yellow, all standard occurrences on most Sammy AMOLEDs), or burn in. I had 4 different GN's, all had some degree of that stuff. When it's perfect it's amazing, particularly the oversaturation. But when it's not...and that's usually...it's a screen tech that works out my OCD to the nth degree.

Doesn't matter. Same concept.

I never heard about all those issues with AMOLED, and I went through the S3 section alot. Weird. But you're right, when done right it looks great.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Doesn't matter. Same concept.

I never heard about all those issues with AMOLED, and I went through the S3 section alot. Weird.

They're all over. A simple Google search will show them all. When I have time, I will post up some links and photos to the most prevalent defects. But regardless of S3, Nexus, etc. -- it doesn't matter. Oh, I also forgot banding on low brightness, as well as the weird "paper" effect when scrolling at low brightness.

Keep in mind, these are all things you can't unsee. So beware :).

Some forum links...

Burn in - http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/227066-can-galaxy-note-2-get-screen-burn.html
Banding - http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus/141780-vertical-banding-low-brightness.html
Kevin's General Comparo - http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...679-slcd-samoled-pentile-rgb-does-matter.html

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Why should there be S-Voice when there's Google Now? Google Now is a lot more superior...

Ok but it gives more options, some people don't like Google now... Why do developers make other voice command apps in the play store and people download them? Different options instead of being forced to use one thing.... Duh

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!