I know its someone's prediction, but do yall think it could be possible? Would you get one?

Why Samsung will launch a metal Samsung Galaxy S4 before Christmas - Opinion - Trusted Reviews

Samsung Galaxy S4 vs HTC One
    There's still a week or two until the Samsung Galaxy S4 goes on sale, but already there's a prevailing opinion that Samsung has lost the Android phone zeitgeist to the HTC One. Why? Because the HTC One is made from sleek aluminium, and the Samsung Galaxy S4 is made from cheap plastic.

It's a simple difference and it has already sparked a great deal of debate. In our initial Samsung Galaxy S4 vs HTC One comparison, opinions were evenly split. Everyone agrees the HTC One looks and feels nicer, but plenty pointed out the S4's pop off back and built-in microSD card slot made it more practical.

That's a perfectly valid argument. In the wider world, however, the first opinion anyone remembers is this: 'it feels cheap'.

This is a problem for Samsung and it knows it. This week's story that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 could be metal has more than a whiff of speculative rumour about it, but it's one I believe for two reasons:
    1) Samsung is very sensitive to criticism and bad press
    Like any successful company, Samsung understands the power of good press and positive momentum. It listens very carefully and cares deeply about what people, whether its the press or the wider world, think of it. When people say your flagship smartphone, nay the flagship product of the whole company, feels cheap, important people stand up and take notice.
    2) It acts faster than any rival
    And this is why Samsung is as successful as it is. Its easy to listen; its easy to pretend to listen. Its much harder, and far more important, to listen and act. Samsung is better at acting fast than any tech company I know.

It was the first to respond to the original Apple iPad, with the Samsung Galaxy Tab; it swooped in and dominated a large part of the netbook market thanks to the Samsung NC10, a product that was conceived, designed and built in mere months; and it has used its manufacturing might and expertise to trounce its rivals in the TV market.

It listens hard, it analyses and it executes faster than any of its rivals. That's why Samsung has gone from being a backwater budget electronics brand to one of the leading lights of the industry.
    A metal Samsung Galaxy S4 before Christmas...
    That's why I'm making a prediction the kind of prediction that people will point and laugh at me for if Im wrong.

Samsung will launch a metal design Samsung Galaxy S phone before Christmas.

It may be an update to the S4, it could even carry the Samsung Galaxy S5 moniker, but in a year when another iPhone is due and HTC has stolen a march in the quality stakes, Samsung cant afford to stick with a phone that feels cheap.

If it does, it risks denting the value it has built-up around the Galaxy phone brand. Thats worth a lot and Samsung isnt the kind of company that stands idle.
    Read more at Why Samsung will launch a metal Samsung Galaxy S4 before Christmas - Opinion - Trusted Reviews
    04-16-2013 09:39 AM
    I'd say the chance is near zero. Samsung believes in it's approach, it works well for them (and for their customers), maximizes profits, and is every bit as rugged as anything else out there. They sold what, 60 million plastic phones last year? How big a dent do you really think the One will make in Samsung's business (hint: about as big a dent as the aluminum One will get when you drop it on the sidewalk). Apple is a far bigger competitor than HTC will ever be, and Samsung hasn't felt the need to match the iPhone's construction, in any of it's variations.

All of Samsung's design, development and assembly infrastructure is built around plastic. Moving to metal would be a major change, requiring a huge investment in new tooling. They'd need a new approach to design, which would require time and effort (which equals money). Samsung would have to believe they would see a significant increase in sales (or prevent a significant decrease) to justify that kind of capital investment. It's easy for people with no background in manufacturing to posit this: it costs nothing. It's a lot harder, and more expensive, to make happen in the real world.

Outside of the zanies on forums like this, who believe a phone is more fashion accessory than tool, no one cares if the phone is metal, plastic, glass, or bamboo. Except iPhone fanboys, of course, who think whatever Apple's construction choice de jour is must be the ultimate. Making the back out of glass and putting the antennas on the outside was absolutely the best choice. Until, that is, Apple decided aluminum was better. Then glass backs were sooooo last year.

With Samsung's advertising blitz, far more people will head into stores saying "I want that Galaxy phone" than will have even heard of the HTC One. Relatively few will even pick up the One to compare "feel."
    The Real X Dawg likes this.
    04-16-2013 09:52 AM
    I like plastic.
    04-16-2013 09:58 AM
    I like plastic.
    And I like SD cards and removable batteries.
    04-16-2013 10:04 AM
    I have to agree on the point that I like removable SD cards and removable batteries as well. I currently have the S3 and I wasn't a huge fan of the plastic feel but I got over it very quickly when I received my case. I think the solution would be to give users the option to switch out the back like an accessory for those that want a metal back. Just my opinion.
    04-27-2013 02:39 PM
    Samsung should only use metal when it's all upsides and no downsides. Hold a One and S4 at the same time. The heavier, bulkier, thicker, larger, smaller-screened, and hotter to the touch HTC is an embarrassment.
    20blks likes this.
    04-27-2013 02:46 PM
    Hopefully they don't make it out of scratch-me aluminum. I won't buy it if they do so.

They need to consider a stronger alternative, the only metal that is more malleable than aluminum is gold. Hey maybe they can make it out of copper!!! (sarcasm)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    04-27-2013 04:35 PM
    Design a phone out of ceramics!

My phone is a good One!
    04-27-2013 04:57 PM